Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 01:45:26
@chaski Said

He left off....

* Immediate release to the public of all documents concerning Area 51 and contact with Aliens from outer space.

Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing about him. People are going to ignore all the great ideas above, like you just did, and just zero in on his belief in a few conspiracy theories due to his show. It's a shame, really, because he's the type of guy that people want in office - someone who won't play the political games that have led to a 10% approval rate of Congress that we have now and a disillusionment of Obama. Yes, he believes in the JFK and 911 theories, but the only bad that can do is that he either 1. finds out they are false and moves on to meaty ideas of reform such as those listed above or 2. finds out they are true and exposes them for us.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#17New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 01:53:44
The rest of the platform isn't really all that impressive either.

Sure it all sounds nice, so does giving everyone unicorns and turning dryers into actual bacon dispensers
But it still sounds just as unrealistic in the current world.

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:02:21
@DiscordTiger Said

The rest of the platform isn't really all that impressive either.

Sure it all sounds nice, so does giving everyone unicorns and turning dryers into actual bacon dispensers
But it still sounds just as unrealistic in the current world.

To each their own. I think they are fantastic ideas.

In addition to the above, he's also wants to legalize drugs, prostitution, and keep our military to within 500 miles from our borders. All those would do wonders in reducing our debt and allowing money to be spent elsewhere. Then such ideas of his illustrated above doesn't become quite so "unrealistic", because the money would suddenly be there.

What's more, his entire term as governor, he never met with any lobby group once and only took contributions from U.S. citizens, never from pacs, special interest groups, or corporations. This guy will not sell out, like many politicians do (and why people have such a disillusioned viewpoint of politicians' ideas as you demonstrated).
chaski On about 13 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:02:33

floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#20New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:07:07
@Leon Said

To each their own. I think they are fantastic ideas.

In addition to the above, he's also wants to legalize drugs, prostitution, and keep our military to within 500 miles from our borders. All those would do wonders in reducing our debt and allowing money to be spent elsewhere. Then such ideas of his illustrated above doesn't become quite so "unrealistic", because the money would suddenly be there.

What's more, his entire term as governor, he never met with any lobby group once and only took contributions from U.S. citizens, never from pacs, special interest groups, or corporations. This guy will not sell out, like many politicians do (and why people have such a disillusioned viewpoint of politicians' ideas as you demonstrated).

Did you live with him as governor? or mayor?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#21New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:09:21
I don't have a disillusioned viewpoint. I have a realistic one. A good governor does not always a good president make.

The jobs are different, and what you can do in one state you really can't do on a federal level.

I really love Johnson, I think he did a really good job here in NM. I am however hesitant in saying he can pull off the same accomplishments on a national stage, simply because the laws are not the same, and for him even to be in a position to change things, he first has to change the law, which is neither simple or quick, and just can't be done in a short term.

Seriously any major change has to be made in a less than two year window. More than that and the player change and you risk it all crashing and burning. support you had, suddenly gets replaced-- maybe for the better, maybe not.

San Diego, California
#22New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:10:44
@floydgirrl Said

Did you live with him as governor? or mayor?

He stated in the video that the OP posted above that he never met with a lobbyist, and I'm sure if it is false, anybody can verify it via government records or lobbyist accounts.
Stalker

#23New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:12:29
@DiscordTiger Said

I don't have a disillusioned viewpoint. I have a realistic one. A good governor does not always a good president make.

But Arnold saved ET!!

San Diego, California
#24New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:12:48
@DiscordTiger Said

The jobs are different, and what you can do in one state you really can't do on a federal level.

I really love Johnson, I think he did a really good job here in NM. I am however hesitant in saying he can pull off the same accomplishments on a national stage, simply because the laws are not the same, and for him even to be in a position to change things, he first has to change the law, which is neither simple or quick, and just can't be done in a short term.

Seriously any major change has to be made in a less than two year window. More than that and the player change and you risk it all crashing and burning. support you had, suddenly gets replaced-- maybe for the better, maybe not.

The only thing I see preventing him from accomplishing his goals are Congress, and, yes, I realize that is a huge barrier. But, as he also stated in the video, "it can't be any worse than it is now."
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#25New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:14:16
@Leon Said

The only thing I see preventing him from accomplishing his goals are Congress, and, yes, I realize that is a huge barrier. But, as he also stated in the video, "it can't be any worse than it is now."

And the Constitution.

San Diego, California
#26New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:14:52
@DiscordTiger Said

And the Constitution.

What ideas of his are unconstitutional?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#27New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:15:30
@Leon Said

He stated in the video that the OP posted above that he never met with a lobbyist, and I'm sure if it is false, anybody can verify it via government records or lobbyist accounts.

That's not what I asked you. Did you not read what I wrote? I asked if you lived in Minnesota while he was Governor? or in Brooklyn Park while he was Mayor.

The reason I ask is because he was an embarrassment. No matter how well he did some things or changes that were made, he was embarrassing. His antics are not suited for the POTUS. I would be mortified if he had to meet with UN to discuss real issues or whether the US should go and strike whatever country we would be asked to get involved.

If he shaped up, shut up, and acted professionally, then maybe I could get behind him, but it's HIM I have a problem with, not necessarily what he wants to change.
Stalker

#28New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:16:04
@Leon Said

"it can't be any worse than it is now."

Really?

It wasn't worse just a few years ago? Two wars, recession, etc.

Even the conservatives say that the country is recovering... they say it is the slowest recovery ever... but to recover, things had to be worse.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#29New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:17:24
@Leon Said

What ideas of his are unconstitutional?

Abolishing the income tax.

San Diego, California
#30New Post! Oct 30, 2013 @ 02:21:48
@floydgirrl Said

That's not what I asked you. Did you not read what I wrote? I asked if you lived in Minnesota while he was Governor? or in Brooklyn Park while he was Mayor.

The reason I ask is because he was an embarrassment. No matter how well he did some things or changes that were made, he was embarrassing. His antics are not suited for the POTUS. I would be mortified if he had to meet with UN to discuss real issues or whether the US should go and strike whatever country we would be asked to get involved.

If he shaped up, shut up, and acted professionally, then maybe I could get behind him, but it's HIM I have a problem with, not what he wants to change.

Yes, I did read what you wrote. You asked if I lived with him as governor.

But no, I didn't live with him, or live in Minnesota while he was governor.

And fair enough, that you cannot really convince one of. I obviously don't have a problem with him as a person.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs