The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

President Takes Executive Action For US Vets Returning Home, Find Jobs!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 01:39:42
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/obama-takes-executive-action-help-veterans-165110398.html How many of you here, think this is a positive step in an effort to help and aide our BRAVE UNSELFISH Vets and US Soldiers returning home to find jobs?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 14:19:38
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/obama-takes-executive-action-help-veterans-165110398.html How many of you here, think this is a positive step in an effort to help and aide our BRAVE UNSELFISH Vets and US Soldiers returning home to find jobs?

Some troops have been returning home since 2008. It's about fukin time the a-hole-in-chief did something positive. Note too, it's just before election year.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#3New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 14:48:44
@hoppy Said

Some troops have been returning home since 2008. It's about fukin time the a-hole-in-chief did something positive. Note too, it's just before election year.

Do got to give Bush credit for letting the armed forces continue to fight and suffer and give zero help for those who were no longer enlisted to find work......

Lord knows that's the American way, s*** on those who fought for your freedomless war.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#4New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 15:32:09
Was never gung-ho for Bush but Gore or Kerry? C'mon.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#5New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 15:47:32
@hoppy Said

Was never gung-ho for Bush but Gore or Kerry? C'mon.

Yeah, the dems didn't have leader material at that time. I can fully give you that. I supported Gore and Kerry, simply because of lesser of two evils, and I fully admit that's an opinion thing also.

Both Gore and Kerry would have been stagnant in office and that would have been with out the road blocks that the GOP is throwing at Obama at every turn.

I guess I would say, they had no balls. Bush did have some massive balls
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Oct 27, 2011 @ 16:30:24
Quote:
The White House today announced new initiatives urging Community Health Centers to hire 8,000 veterans,

I'm sure there will be at least 8,000 returning Vets over three years ,who have plans / goals to join the medical field professionally as civilians.

Quote:
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, however, said Republicans have already taken action to help veterans. Earlier this month, the House passed the Veterans Opportunity to Work Act, which would provide education and training benefits for service members.

Any vets that have interests in carers other then becoming physician assistants , will hopefully have the Veterans Opportunity to Work Act to help them .

It really sucks that our politicians won't even try to step up as one government together in support of our Vets .IMO

(Both quotes are from the link in the OP.)

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 02:47:20
@hoppy Said

So the guy in charge now wants to bring them home.....for whatever reason, but the guy who sent them there in the first dam place isn't to blame??? Hoppy, ask yourself this.....at the end of the day, do you feel good about our BRAVE troops coming home? Or do you just want to continue calling the US president bad names? Gimme a break....

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 02:48:48
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Yeah, the dems didn't have leader material at that time. I can fully give you that. I supported Gore and Kerry, simply because of lesser of two evils, and I fully admit that's an opinion thing also.

Both Gore and Kerry would have been stagnant in office and that would have been with out the road blocks that the GOP is throwing at Obama at every turn.

I guess I would say, they had no balls. Bush did have some massive balls

He sure did....and look where his "massive balls" got us.....

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 02:51:13
@white_swan53 Said

I'm sure there will be at least 8,000 returning Vets over three years ,who have plans / goals to join the medical field professionally as civilians.

Any vets that have interests in carers other then becoming physician assistants , will hopefully have the Veterans Opportunity to Work Act to help them .

It really sucks that our politicians won't even try to step up as one government together in support of our Vets .IMO

(Both quotes are from the link in the OP.)

Yeah......God forbid we give Obama credit for trying to do something GOOD!!!

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 03:08:32
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yeah......God forbid we give Obama credit for trying to do something GOOD!!!

I didn't 'take' any credit away from him . besides , he's not a school child that just made a good grade.
He is the president of the USA, it's his job to do something GOOD for the citizens of this country. , it's what he promised to do when he was making all those speeches trying to convince as many as possible to vote for him.

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 03:38:09
@white_swan53 Said

I didn't 'take' any credit away from him . besides , he's not a school child that just made a good grade.
He is the president of the USA, it's his job to do something GOOD for the citizens of this country. , it's what he promised to do when he was making all those speeches trying to convince as many as possible to vote for him.

Tell me something White_Swan, did you ever vote for a politician that didn't or couldn't keep ALL their promises made in some campaign speech?

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 03:48:25
@Spinkiegirl Said

Tell me something White_Swan, did you ever vote for a politician that didn't or couldn't keep ALL their promises made in some campaign speech?

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 04:01:02
@Spinkiegirl Said

Of course I have, as a matter of fact in each and every trip into that voting booth I have . The part about Obama I don't get is, when ever he puts forth an effort to do some thing about one or more of the over 900 campaign promises some people act like it's a holiday to be repatriates when in reality all he is trying to do is what he said he would .
Why do some people seem to think that every time Obama does something presidential that everyone should treat like a holiday or something?
Didn't these people know that the were going to be times when Obama as president would have to make announcements like the one in the link .
' that his administration will be urging he medical community to hire returning Vets'
Why do these same people seem to get so excited when the hear or read articles like this one that learly shows ALL of our elected officials acting like boo hoo hoo cry baby silly's grabbing for the last Popsicle . still more then 3 years into the term .

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 04:19:09
@white_swan53 Said

Of course I have, as a matter of fact in each and every trip into that voting booth I have . The part about Obama I don't get is, when ever he puts forth an effort to do some thing about one or more of the over 900 campaign promises some people act like it's a holiday to be repatriates when in reality all he is trying to do is what he said he would .
Why do some people seem to think that every time Obama does something presidential that everyone should treat like a holiday or something?
Didn't these people know that the were going to be times when Obama as president would have to make announcements like the one in the link .
' that his administration will be urging he medical community to hire returning Vets'
Why do these same people seem to get so excited when the hear or read articles like this one that learly shows ALL of our elected officials acting like boo hoo hoo cry baby silly's grabbing for the last Popsicle . still more then 3 years into the term .

I can't speak for anyone else, but I want him to do the job he was hired to do......that's all. And because i'am new to this country's political process, I get excited when someone I admire and voted for, does what he said he would do. And to be fair....I have never heard such bashing of any US president as I have with Obama. For example, at any given time of the day, I can turn to fox news and not hear one single positive thing about the president. IMO, it's a 24/7 bash fest against Obama......and it's down right disgusting! And while I have been less than thrilled about SOME of Obama's actions....he can certainly count on my vote again.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#15New Post! Oct 28, 2011 @ 04:49:35
Some left their minds in the sand.
Some left their blood in the sand.
some left their body parts in the sand.
Some left their bodies in the sand.

Yet we b**** about who was or is a good president.

Is there a middle finger kudos?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs