Politics

President Elect Joseph Biden

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#1New Post! Oct 07, 2020 @ 21:50:04
Hear ye! Hear ye! Know all men by these presents. Greeting!

It is now November 4th and the duly elected Commander in Chief of these United States of America is now Joseph Robinette Biden Jr--born on November 20, 1942 just with not as much blonde hair on his legs.

There. I said it.

, Florida
#2New Post! Oct 08, 2020 @ 18:42:52
Ya'll help yourself to snacks. The main event isn't for a bit but there's gotta be some pre-game hype.

Anyone know a good family story about Joe. Son of sharecroppers? Came from humble beginnings maybe?

And, discuss.

, Florida
#3New Post! Oct 29, 2020 @ 19:43:31
Since I'm the bread-winner, gonna have to ask ya'll to keep it down. I have to get up in a few hours.

President-Elect Biden will make his acceptance speech sometime Wednesday morning. The fix is in so I'm not worried.

In

The

Bag

, Florida
#4New Post! Nov 04, 2020 @ 20:09:08
Anyone?

C'mon man!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 04, 2020 @ 21:03:57
Unrolls parchment and rings bell in town square:

"Oyez, oyez, oyez..... Hear ye, good citizens one and all. President Elect Joseph Biden Jr, well, not quite yet but let's just enjoy the sound of it...... being a man of good character and Democrat values may now be known as Mr President, Commander-in-Chief, Da Man and / or any other such title as does not besmirch his noble office.

Be it proclaimed among this host and throughout the land he is henceforth thus ennobled for a term not exceeding four years and upon that date the people be thus brought back to make their choice to grant him a further period of time or retire him from office gracefully and with the good wishes of a grateful nation for his service.

The orange geezer can go and do one.

God Bless America."
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Nov 04, 2020 @ 23:32:10
@gakINGKONG Said

Anyone?

C'mon man!

Too early.
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Nov 05, 2020 @ 00:49:16
Vegas odds...

Donald Trump +650 (chance of winning 12.5%)

Joe Biden -1428 (chance of winning 87.5%)

So if you want to make money off of this situation you probably need to get your bet in for Trump.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 05, 2020 @ 05:55:22
@chaski Said

Vegas odds...

Donald Trump +650 (chance of winning 12.5%)

Joe Biden -1428 (chance of winning 87.5%)

So if you want to make money off of this situation you probably need to get your bet in for Trump.

I've never been a gambling girl. But if I were, I still wouldn't see the sense in betting on somebody to win, who is the most likely candidate to lose.

Sure, that's where the best odds are in terms of the amount to be gained from a winning bet, but you still get sweet FA if he - as the bookies expect - loses.

One eighth of a chance of winning isn't going to attract any money from me and I daresay only the muggest of mug punters would be prepared to put their chips down on that one.

, Florida
#9New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 15:25:20
@Leon Said

Too early.

Pretty much not too early.

It's a squeaker! I'm saying Biden. I couldn't have honestly predicted this.

I think the pandemic worked against Trump (maybe his hubris too).

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 16:30:16
@gakINGKONG Said

Pretty much not too early.

It's a squeaker! I'm saying Biden. I couldn't have honestly predicted this.

I think the pandemic worked against Trump (maybe his hubris too).

It was when I posted that.

And it’s still too early to be celebrating, but I do think Biden will win at this point.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 16:58:43
@Leon Said

It was when I posted that.

And it’s still too early to be celebrating, but I do think Biden will win at this point.

Well, yeah... if they keep counting the Illegal Votes
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 17:21:23
@mrmhead Said

Well, yeah... if they keep counting the Illegal Votes

Those would be the ones sent in by post because Biden told his supporters to use postal votes because of the pandemic, whereas Trump told his supporters to vote in person and not trust the postal system.

I suppose we should have seen this scenario coming.

Trump takes an early lead because his supporters voted in person and had their votes counted first, but Biden made a comeback after those votes were counted and all those Dem votes that came in the post (because Joe told them to use the postal system) came home to roost.

Is it those "illegal" votes you mean..?

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 17:24:10
@Jennifer1984 Said

Those would be the ones sent in by post because Biden told his supporters to use postal votes because of the pandemic, whereas Trump told his supporters to vote in person and not trust the postal system.

Trump takes an early lead because his supporters voted in person and had their votes counted first, but Biden made a comeback after those votes were counted and all those Dem votes that came in the post (because Joe told them to use the postal system) came home to roost.

Illegal votes are any votes that doesn’t help produce the results that Trump wants.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 18:07:12
@Jennifer1984 Said

Yeah.

But I do think it's screwed up that in some states the say as long as the ballots are postmarked by election day AND They are received by (varies) days after the election they are legit.

It's that "AND" part that gets me. The voter is dependent on the gov't for the ballot to be legal. And that exactly plays into the BS that started months ago with slowing down the postal system.
Which I think is why the PA Supreme Court extended the date to receive ballots ... which is now being challenged by Trump, who played a part in slowing down the mail delivery.

I know there has to be some kind of cut-off date, but with the knowledge that there WILL BE a problem, allowances should be made.

The other way that PA screwed the pooch is they opened up rules for mail-in / absentee votes, but they weren't allowed to start tallying them until election day.
A lot of normal states allowed tallying as they were received. (but obviously not reporting results)
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 06, 2020 @ 18:57:30
Yeah, it does seem a bit open ended and I can see the problems that would cause with legitimacy.

As a thought.... would it be better to make a rule that says the envelope with the vote in must be postmarked with the time and date of the last post in that state, after the polls close..? Anything after that time would be invalid. A bit tough, perhaps, but if you're going to use a postal ballot, you have an obligation to ensure your ballot paper gets into the mailbox within the time frame.

I think if this were the rule, most people would make sure they put their X and got the envelope in the mail in plenty of time. I don't think many would leave it until the last possible minute.

I'm sure there will be different cicumstances for different states, but those states could "tweak" their arrangements as necessary providing they ensured any exceptions were approved before the vote took place.

Obviously, ballots coming in from diplomatic missions / armed forces overseas would have special arrangements.

It's just a suggestion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs