Basketball

Pregame Fix?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 01:32:54

Note the score running across the bottom and the fact this game has not yet started.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#2New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 01:50:38
Cool, now we don't have to watch the game.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#3New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 01:51:14
Sweet, I picked Louisville, so I win bunches of bucks!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 01:53:25
Yeah, and I was looking forward to finally watching a basketball game that interested me since the Michael Jordan days.

It had drama, with Michigan's first appearance since the Fab 5 (of Chris Webber fame) and Louisville's horrific injury earlier in the tourney.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#5New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 02:44:15
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#6New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 02:46:31
Is this that March Madness that had all my shows on reruns?
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#7New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 02:54:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 02:54:56
@DorkySupergirl Said

Well now this is apparently a rerun too.

, Canada
#9New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:01:36
@Gollum Said

How is Crosby looking with all his missing teeth?
@Leon Said

Well now this is apparently a rerun too.

I did feel bad for the guy who broke his leg.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#10New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:05:31
@DorkySupergirl Said

He's finally looking like a real hockey player.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:06:11
@DorkySupergirl Said

I did feel bad for the guy who broke his leg.

Yeah, that was probably the most gruesome injury I've ever seen, and watching football for 30 years, I've seen a lot.

, Canada
#12New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:12:03
@Gollum Said

He's finally looking like a real hockey player.

Speaking of, the other night I was only half paying attention to a post game interview. I then stared at the screen, half asleep, thinking, this player has beautiful teeth and they are all his own. I sat there shocked until I realized it was Reimer. Of course a goalie is gonna have his own teeth.

I'll tell you at least now Crosby seems less Russian as they have all have their own teeth too.
@Leon Said

Yeah, that was probably the most gruesome injury I've ever seen, and watching football for 30 years, I've seen a lot.

It was bizarre how it happened, at least to me, like a freaky thing to happen and not common.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:18:29
@DorkySupergirl Said

Speaking of, the other night I was only half paying attention to a post game interview. I then stared at the screen, half asleep, thinking, this player has beautiful teeth and they are all his own. I sat there shocked until I realized it was Reimer. Of course a goalie is gonna have his own teeth.

I'll tell you at least now Crosby seems less Russian as they have all have their own teeth too.

It was bizarre how it happened, at least to me, like a freaky thing to happen and not common.

Yeah, although he did land hard, its not like basketball players do regularly anyways. Maybe he had a hairline already, and it was just enough. The scariest part was how his teammates reacted in my opinion. Almost like canned laughter, it augmented the emotional reaction for the rest of us viewers. At least in football, like Theismann's injury, it's concealed by the uniform although it can still look rather grotesque. I know hockey has had it's share too, like Malarchuck's for instance.

, Canada
#14New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:28:55
@Leon Said

Yeah, although he did land hard, its not like basketball players do regularly anyways. Maybe he had a hairline already, and it was just enough. The scariest part was how his teammates reacted in my opinion. Almost like canned laughter, it augmented the emotional reaction for the rest of us viewers. At least in football, like Theismann's injury, it's concealed by the uniform although it can still look rather grotesque. I know hockey has had it's share too, like Malarchuck's for instance.

I think it just brings it home just how dangerous sports can be. I know for Malarchuck's he made himself leave the ice because his mom was watching the game and he thought he was going to die and he did not want his mom to see him die. The trainer had to stick his fingers in this artery and they say if not for that quick thinking, he would have died right on the ice that night.

While the injury for the March Madness player was not life threatenng, it was scary, gross and I feel bad for him not being able to finish the playoffs with the rest of his team. That has really got to suck but I am glad he is okay.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Apr 09, 2013 @ 03:31:21
@DorkySupergirl Said

I think it just brings it home just how dangerous sports can be. I know for Malarchuck's he made himself leave the ice because his mom was watching the game and he thought he was going to die and he did not want his mom to see him die. The trainer had to stick his fingers in this artery and they say if not for that quick thinking, he would have died right on the ice that night.

While the injury for the March Madness player was not life threatenng, it was scary, gross and I feel bad for him not being able to finish the playoffs with the rest of his team. That has really got to suck but I am glad he is okay.

Yeah, not to mention incredibly painful. I remember in an interview Theismann describing what it felt like - "sticking your leg out on a street curb and having a truck run over it."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs