Politics

Prank caller tricks Wisconsin governor lol

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 20:34:22
"You have to hear this: A blogger impersonating Tea Party billionaire David Koch called Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and got him to reveal his secret plan to lure Democrats back to the state. Phenomenal. Check it out:"

https://front.moveon.org/gov-walker-reveals-entire-union-busting-strategy-to-prank-caller/

plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 20:49:29
I found this more unethical on the reporters part, but I can't believe Walker didn't know he was talking to an impersonator.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 20:55:53
This is why I love Republicans. Not for their politics but for moments like this.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 21:03:57
Not very smart in that office they are.
Here is the blog that did it: if you want to read rather than listen. And it has the set up as to how the blogger got through.
https://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=5045

I hear it has been available off an on due to heavy traffic
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 21:06:44
@DiscordTiger Said

Not very smart in that office they are.
Here is the blog that did it: if you want to read rather than listen. And it has the set up as to how the blogger got through.
https://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=5045

I hear it has been available off an on due to heavy traffic

It's down now, I wanted to read it
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 21:13:47
@eternus_somnium Said

It's down now, I wanted to read it

Damn, I must have just been able to click though I still have it up on another tab.

the audio on the videos is one person talking in each ear. and its just not possible for me to listen to that right now.

Here is an excerpt of my favorite part in the calling the office trying to get through: "I" is the blogger impersonating Koch on his second call to get through the first time the gov. was "in a meeting." Gilkes is the Governor's Chief of Staff

Quote:
I politely said hello, not knowing how friendly Gilkes and Koch may be. He was eager to help. “I was really hoping to talk directly to Scott,” I said. He said that could be arranged and that I should just leave my number. I explained to Gilkes, “My goddamn maid, Maria, put my phone in the washer. I’d have her deported, but she works for next to nothing.” Gilkes found this amusing. “I’m calling from the VOID—with the VOID, or whatever it’s called. You know, the Snype!”
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 21:21:29
@DiscordTiger Said

Damn, I must have just been able to click though I still have it up on another tab.

the audio on the videos is on person talking in one ear. and its just not possible for me to listen to that right now.

Here is an excerpt of my favorite part in the calling the office trying to get through: "I" is the blogger impersonating Koch on his second call to get through the first time the gov. was "in a meeting." Gilkes is the Governor's Chief of Staff

What the hell Wow...
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 21:23:55
@eternus_somnium Said

What the hell Wow...

Right? It was a funny call from the parts I read of it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 03:59:45
@plebian_angel Said

I found this more unethical on the reporters part, but I can't believe Walker didn't know he was talking to an impersonator.

should different things be said to different people?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 05:22:34
@Willi Said

The Kochs have some pretty big spreads here in DooDa. The SOB's have ripped of First Nation's oil to grow their wealth. That and their Nazi ties make them disgusting creatures.
Kochs are bankrolling the tea party and conservative agenda in order to get the regualtions lifted from their companies so that they make more money at the costs to the environment and our national health.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#11New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 12:37:24
@Willi Said

Well I don't think its' right for someone to say they are someone else.
and yes everyone says different things to people at times depending on the topic.
I wouldnt' tell my mom certain things say about my sex life, but would tell my best friend.
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#12New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 14:32:22
@shinobinoz Said

The Kochs have some pretty big spreads here in DooDa. The SOB's have ripped of First Nation's oil to grow their wealth. That and their Nazi ties make them disgusting creatures.
Kochs are bankrolling the tea party and conservative agenda in order to get the regualtions lifted from their companies so that they make more money at the costs to the environment and our national health.

That's politics and ideology. The Kochs are to Obama what George Soros was to Bush. What goes around, comes around. Fascinating, no? A parallel case is made against Soros for having alleged ties and sympathies for Nazis and for ripping off the economies of whole governments in an effort to reach his goals, too. What's the difference and why do many on the Left defend him while castigating his mirror image on the right?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Feb 25, 2011 @ 00:38:41
@Junkyard_Jim Said

That's politics and ideology. The Kochs are to Obama what George Soros was to Bush. What goes around, comes around. Fascinating, no? A parallel case is made against Soros for having alleged ties and sympathies for Nazis and for ripping off the economies of whole governments in an effort to reach his goals, too. What's the difference and why do many on the Left defend him while castigating his mirror image on the right?

I don't believe you'll find a mirror image if you really look.
Soros for what little I know of him at least sinks his charity support in things that help
people and culture. The Koch's do so only where it directly affects their pocket book, generally at the expensive of people and the environment.
Really really big difference don't ya think?
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#14New Post! Feb 25, 2011 @ 00:59:37
I don't know, in some places it sounds like the Governor knows what's going on and is just messing with the blogger, especially the parts where he just rambles on about irelevent things. It's kind of hard to tell though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs