AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...601 602 603 604 605 ...624 625 626 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9031New Post! Feb 08, 2020 @ 03:16:32
@Cpat92 Said

The more disagreements I get in, the more I learn.

That’s kind of good. Learning is good. We can only get better by learning.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9032New Post! Feb 08, 2020 @ 03:18:05
So, I’ve been doing a bunch of meditating lately. It’s weird and new but also incredibly awesome.
10/10 Recommend
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9033New Post! Feb 08, 2020 @ 11:02:16
First time in a while I did a night shift without a hoodie and I just realized that it's hard to stay outside in a t-shirt when it's 50 degrees outside.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9034New Post! Feb 10, 2020 @ 01:58:52
I just realized how much we all talk current event and politics. Lol.

Alas, anyone read any good books lately?
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9035New Post! Feb 10, 2020 @ 06:06:57
@DiscordTiger Said

I just realized how much we all talk current event and politics. Lol.

"Practice of the Wild" - Gary Snyder. I like it.

Read His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Book one was pretty good. Book two was also pretty good. Book three... My suggestion is don't bother reading it... just daydream about how you want it to end. It will be way better than the book.

Also... I recently re-read:

> "To Kill a Mockingbird". It is quite good; IMO.

> "The Snow Leopard" by Peter Matthiessen...If you like non-fiction... nature (especially the Himalayas)... spirituality... human situations that don't involve sex, violence, racisms, etc... its a good read and shouldn't damage you mentally nor spiritually. One my my

> Caesar: "The Life Story of a Panda Leopard by Patrick O'Brian. If you want an easy read that is well written fiction this one is for you. You might even walk away thinking wait... was that a real story... is there really such a thing as a Panda Leopard... .

Aside from that, on the non-news/non-politics front I recommend buying a mini-drone...

...just put the potential uses for violence out of your head... just don't go there...

Stalker

#9036New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 02:20:16
Whoever smashed that orange pie in Trump's face should be executed....

On the other hand, Trump followers should consider all wearing orange shirts.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9037New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 02:35:41
Magilla gorilla
Stalker

#9038New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 02:50:15
@gakINGKONG Said

Magilla gorilla

One of the best cartoons ever!
Darkman666 On about 24 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9039New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 03:17:21
@chaski Said

"Practice of the Wild" - Gary Snyder. I like it.

Read His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Book one was pretty good. Book two was also pretty good. Book three... My suggestion is don't bother reading it... just daydream about how you want it to end. It will be way better than the book.

Also... I recently re-read:

> "To Kill a Mockingbird". It is quite good; IMO.

> "The Snow Leopard" by Peter Matthiessen...If you like non-fiction... nature (especially the Himalayas)... spirituality... human situations that don't involve sex, violence, racisms, etc... its a good read and shouldn't damage you mentally nor spiritually. One my my

> Caesar: "The Life Story of a Panda Leopard by Patrick O'Brian. If you want an easy read that is well written fiction this one is for you. You might even walk away thinking wait... was that a real story... is there really such a thing as a Panda Leopard... .

Aside from that, on the non-news/non-politics front I recommend buying a mini-drone...

...just put the potential uses for violence out of your head... just don't go there...

the first season of his dark materials on hbo, i like it. it much better than the movie , the golden compass. the movie was ok. the series better a lot of tv shows last 6 months. i used like fantasy books to read, i find movie and tv adaptions are better than read the book. fantasy books, you need visual effects get into one of these storyline than the novel.

so many characters in the fantasy novel, i have no idea how pronounce their names. so when they made mini-series or movies, i can hear how pronounce their names. not that matter at time, when i watching it.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9040New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 04:35:51
@DiscordTiger Said

I just realized how much we all talk about current events and politics. Lol.

I just got some books on Alfred Adler and Individual Psychology. I'm gonna start reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman first.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9041New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 05:50:53
The more I speak to one of my coworkers, the more I want to smoke (tobacco and weed). On brighter news, I am now seven weeks alcohol-free.
Stalker

#9042New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 05:57:06
@Cpat92 Said

The more I speak to one of my coworkers, the more I want to smoke (tobacco and weed). On brighter news, I am now seven weeks alcohol-free.

Tobacco is a killer.

One of my sons smokes weed.

I steer clear of smoke of any kind... my lungs don't like it.

I like the flavor of booze... but it is a tragedy for many people... I would never recommend it to anyone.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9043New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 06:13:49
@chaski Said

Tobacco is a killer.

One of my sons smokes weed.

I steer clear of smoke of any kind... my lungs don't like it.

I like the flavor of booze... but it is a tragedy for many people... I would never recommend it to anyone.

Tobacco is indeed a killer. I used to like the booze, but before me ending things with my therapist, it came to realization that alcoholism is somewhat a part of my DNA. I quit cold turkey even though she wanted me to go to AA. I haven't gone to AA even though it may be helpful. I also stopped speaking to my therapist because she hasn't been helpful for the past 3 weeks. I smoke weed too but not all of the time.
Stalker

#9044New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 06:21:26
@Cpat92 Said

Tobacco is indeed a killer. I used to like the booze, but before me ending things with my therapist, it came to realization that alcoholism is somewhat a part of my DNA. I quit cold turkey even though she wanted me to go to AA. I haven't gone to AA even though it may be helpful. I also stopped speaking to my therapist because she hasn't been helpful for the past 3 weeks. I smoke weed too but not all of the time.

Some people need AA, some don't.

My son just stopped. He says, "I don't put anything in my body that diminishes my brain."

I'm good with that.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9045New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 06:26:26
@chaski Said

Some people need AA, some don't.

My son just stopped. He says, "I don't put anything in my body that diminishes my brain."

I'm good with that.

That's how I've been feeling with Alcohol.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...601 602 603 604 605 ...624 625 626 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs