AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...573 574 575 576 577 ...624 625 626 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8611New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 01:13:06
@Eaglebauer Said

That also makes me sad. Who has constantly attacked you? I'm asking out of genuine concern...are there people here who are saying you're less than a person?

There's a lot of very personal things about myself that I want to say about this that I think might help raise an understanding. Things involving the time a few years back when I was gone from TFS for close to a year and what was happening to me then. But...in a lot of ways I feel put off from saying them because of how things are right now.

I don't know what to do.

It sucks.

Well there were the death threats that triggered the Florida ban... but no, I didn’t mean TFSers. More the current gop policy is attacking. It’s harder to “be nice” when someone has to lose their rights, rather than just typical politics of various ways to split the budget. It’s more on a national/internet scale that just bleeds over here rather than initiating here. The whole internet is harder for me to deal with.

I like almost all of our members as people we need in a diversity of voices. Even the ones that aren’t around much.
I think there has only been one that I couldn’t deal with, but even that was about me not them. I mostly felt bad about people leaving either in their own or by ban. Their voice is missed even if I didn’t always see their point of view.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#8612New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 02:03:34
@Deal_With_It Said

I totally agree. Most of the time I just read the post. I'm just a coward. I know if I comment it will get chewed up and spit out like a wad of tobacco. Of course sometimes I'm just ignored.

My goal is to choose my battles and factor my motivation for weighing in.

Real life concerns take priority of having a joust with virtual faceless voices

***break***

Boss wants me to clean toilets? Yeah it's messy but I'm okay with that. My boss wants me to go without pay for six weeks? Once, then I get full back pay. They try that again and I'm out because I have bills and a family to feed so it's more than me and my ego.

****break***

Correct my grammar or some point of fact and I'll cede that and keep moving. Target me for some evil purpose and I'll isolate you.

That was a hard lesson but I hope the message gets out because I feel each of us needs to know how to identify this and put it in practice.

My experience dealing with gaslighters both in the real world and online has been a challenge.

Cut Them Off At the Knees
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8613New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 02:51:54
Facts.

They, facts, don't care if you like them or not.

They, facts, don't care if they are popular or not.

They, facts, don't care if they are called fake.

They, facts, do not care if people believe them.

They, facts, don't care if people have "faith" in them.

They, facts, just are what they are.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8614New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 12:20:34
@DiscordTiger Said

Well there were the death threats that triggered the Florida ban... but no, I didn’t mean TFSers. More the current gop policy is attacking. It’s harder to “be nice” when someone has to lose their rights, rather than just typical politics of various ways to split the budget. It’s more on a national/internet scale that just bleeds over here rather than initiating here. The whole internet is harder for me to deal with.

I like almost all of our members as people we need in a diversity of voices. Even the ones that aren’t around much.
I think there has only been one that I couldn’t deal with, but even that was about me not them. I mostly felt bad about people leaving either in their own or by ban. Their voice is missed even if I didn’t always see their point of view.

I see.

I'm not really talking about "being nice" though. And I'm not talking about hurt feelings.

I think I'm doing a s*** job of explaining any of this and people are totally missing the point I'm trying to make. Again, there's lots I want to say/ask in response to this...but then...I don't want to say or ask any of it. Nothing bad about you...I just feel uncomfortable even asking honest questions anymore because all I see it doing is breeding further friction and lessening understanding rather than fostering it. This is also not about blaming anyone.

I don't think there's an answer.

I guess I'm just going to clam up.
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8615New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 14:40:48
@Eaglebauer Said

I don't think you should necessarily "clam up"; obviously it is your choice.

You and your opinions are valued.

It may well be that "we" don't fully understand your point (either now or ever)... it may be that not all agree with your point (either now or ever).

...but the important thing (at least in my not so humble opinion) is that members of TFS are trying to get "it" and value "it".... not just value you but are trying to value what you are saying.

At least is seems that way to me.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8616New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 17:12:14
I can't remember if all dreams have a meaning behind them, or only some of them do.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#8617New Post! May 29, 2019 @ 18:31:13
@Cpat92 Said

I can't remember if all dreams have a meaning behind them, or only some of them do.

I believe that only the dreamer can interpret his own dreams.

, Florida
#8618New Post! May 30, 2019 @ 02:55:52
@Cpat92 Said

The lovers the dreamers and me

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8619New Post! May 30, 2019 @ 15:13:34
@Eaglebauer Said

Ok.

I wasn't asking you to apologize.

I wasn't trying to put you on the defensive.

Just trying to advocate for open dialogue.

Again, I wasn't addressing my comments to any one person or group, I was careful to say that.

Peace everyone.

@Eaglebauer Said

I see.

I'm not really talking about "being nice" though. And I'm not talking about hurt feelings.

I think I'm doing a s*** job of explaining any of this and people are totally missing the point I'm trying to make. Again, there's lots I want to say/ask in response to this...but then...I don't want to say or ask any of it. Nothing bad about you...I just feel uncomfortable even asking honest questions anymore because all I see it doing is breeding further friction and lessening understanding rather than fostering it. This is also not about blaming anyone.

I don't think there's an answer.

I know you are not trying to call out anyone. However, when one complains about certain activity, we likely inherently look to ourselves, and I think it was fairly obvious in my case. However, it is just one person, and I have decided to just ignore him from here on out, solving that problem.

As far as the greater problem, again, I think it’s the TFS makeup and the subject matter more than anything, and these both beyond our control really.

Sorry I don’t have a solution other than my self-policing. I do understand how you feel and why you are discouraged as a result, so if you want to take a break I do understand. I do hope you don’t though, and certainly hope you don’t leave for good.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8620New Post! May 31, 2019 @ 04:55:23
For some reason, even though I should have no reason to, I really want to cry. I want to cry right now. Two of my friends gave me enlightenment, but I still want to cry. Though I probably shouldn't.

, Florida
#8621New Post! May 31, 2019 @ 11:23:12
@Cpat92 Said

For some reason, even though I should have no reason to, I really want to cry. I want to cry right now. Two of my friends gave me enlightenment, but I still want to cry. Though I probably shouldn't.

The best reason to cut onions. Nobody will know the difference.

Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8622New Post! May 31, 2019 @ 13:32:50
Any reason I am unable to upload pictures?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8623New Post! May 31, 2019 @ 21:52:16
It took me a minute to get it -

A license plate frame says:

Check your boobs

Mine almost killed me
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8624New Post! Jun 01, 2019 @ 04:43:12
Started the book Mindset by Carol S. Dweck