Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#16New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:23:22
Im Labor.

We have Greens like the UK, but for some reason voting for them counts for s***...

Politics is confusing.

There are 2 main parties here, and several smaller ones that are supported in some way by either of the 2 larger ones (Labor and Liberal)

A vote for any of the smaller ones just equals a vote for either of the 2 big ones, depending on which supports them.

Seems to me like a huge waste of time/money really..
Steph1979 On September 15, 2010

, Indiana
#17New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:27:32
I added a poll. is it supposed to show up in here?

nm. i see it now!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:28:41
@curiouskat Said

Im Labor.

We have Greens like the UK, but for some reason voting for them counts for s***...

Politics is confusing.

There are 2 main parties here, and several smaller ones that are supported in some way by either of the 2 larger ones (Labor and Liberal)

A vote for any of the smaller ones just equals a vote for either of the 2 big ones, depending on which supports them.

Seems to me like a huge waste of time/money really..

I'd say it's worth voting Greens in the senate, just not in the house of representatives.

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#19New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:31:14
@jmo Said

I'd say it's worth voting Greens in the senate, just not in the house of representatives.

LOL, ok explain that to the house dummy!!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#20New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:36:11
@curiouskat Said

LOL, ok explain that to the house dummy!!

You'll know more than me, I know very little about Australian politics. All I knows is that Kevin Rudd goes to strip clubs and 'forgets' what happens in them!

Though what I do know is there are two elected chambers aren't there? The House of representatives which is FPTP seat voted and then the Senate which is done through proportional representation right? Could be wrong though.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#21New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:37:47
I'm registered democrat.

Don't always vote the party line though.

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#22New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:39:44
@jmo Said

You'll know more than me, I know very little about Australian politics. All I knows is that Kevin Rudd goes to strip clubs and 'forgets' what happens in them!

Though what I do know is there are two elected chambers aren't there? The House of representatives which is FPTP seat voted and then the Senate which is done through proportional representation right? Could be wrong though.

LMAO!

Nope, sounds to me like you DO know more than i!!

All i know about is State elections, which i dont have to vote in, and then National elections, which cost me $60 everytime i FORGET to vote in

Think its time for some research...
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#23New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:46:02
@curiouskat Said

LMAO!

Nope, sounds to me like you DO know more than i!!

All i know about is State elections, which i dont have to vote in, and then National elections, which cost me $60 everytime i FORGET to vote in

Think its time for some research...

I know a wee bit about Australian politics, but never really looked that much into it. I quite like the ALP but I'm undecided about Kevin Rudd, hell of a lot better than Howard was though imo. Bob Hawke is my favourite politician ever though.

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#24New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:53:34
@jmo Said

I know a wee bit about Australian politics, but never really looked that much into it. I quite like the ALP but I'm undecided about Kevin Rudd, hell of a lot better than Howard was though imo. Bob Hawke is my favourite politician ever though.

Strangely, K Rudd seems to fall exactly into line with what everyone in America says about Obama.

Throwing money around left right and center and sending the country broke is what most Liberal supporters are saying about him.

The Labor party has a long history of doing that.

Howard was Liberal and interestingly HE fell into line with the Bush admin perfectly!

Bob Hawke was also Labor.

Personally, i think its all more than coincidence and after following the last few lots of elections in both the US and Australia i reached the conclusion thats its all a load of balony!

We have no say, the bastards do what they please and the various parties are just smoke screens and mirrors..
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#25New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 23:57:14
@curiouskat Said

Strangely, K Rudd seems to fall exactly into line with what everyone in America says about Obama.

Throwing money around left right and center and sending the country broke is what most Liberal supporters are saying about him.

The Labor party has a long history of doing that.

Howard was Liberal and interestingly HE fell into line with the Bush admin perfectly!

Bob Hawke was also Labor.

Personally, i think its all more than coincidence and after following the last few lots of elections in both the US and Australia i reached the conclusion thats its all a load of balony!

We have no say, the bastards do what they please and the various parties are just smoke screens and mirrors..

People say that and then never want to change it. I'd love to be a politician, try and actually do some good. Would rather work at grass roots level though.

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#26New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 00:07:24
@jmo Said

People say that and then never want to change it. I'd love to be a politician, try and actually do some good. Would rather work at grass roots level though.

Agreed.

Though do you really think you COULD change it??

I dont know, maybe im too cynical and/or lazy but it seems pointless to me..
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#27New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 00:09:19
@curiouskat Said

Agreed.

Though do you really think you COULD change it??

I dont know, maybe im too cynical and/or lazy but it seems pointless to me..

I think so. No reason why not, I'm very confident.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#28New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 00:09:38
I found the green party interesting but I decided I'd rather just remain an independent. Only downside is that I can't vote in the primaries, but I'll get over it lol.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#29New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 00:27:22
@annski729 Said

I found the green party interesting but I decided I'd rather just remain an independent. Only downside is that I can't vote in the primaries, but I'll get over it lol.

You can vote the primaries but you will have to declare a party to do so -then you will have to switch back to remain independent. I do that often. Being in Kansas the choice is often between the wacko right weirdos (you know- no such thing as evolution- can't teach that in the schools) and the moderates who are just a little more tolerable. That way I can have my cake and eat it too.
Vote Green but know it isn't doing much- kinda of a protest vote in Kansas.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#30New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 00:30:17
@shinobinoz Said

You can vote the primaries but you will have to declare a party to do so -then you will have to switch back to remain independent.

That's too much work. If I really liked any democrat/republican I might consider doing it, but that hasn't been the case recently
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs