UK Elections & Politics

Population Control

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#16New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 20:00:01
Free birth control and free no questions asked abortions (in the first trimester).

It'd save a s*** ton of money.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 20:14:50
@LuckyCharms Said

Free birth control and free no questions asked abortions (in the first trimester).

They already give out free condoms, not sure if the pill is free or not, I know that the NHS charges for some prescriptions.
SpeedyQueen On April 13, 2012

Banned

Luton Hoo, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 21:06:50
We don't really have a population problem in Britain. End of, really.

But if we did, the last thing we would need would be Nazi-style Eugenics based thinking from the US or removing the welfare state. The latter would simply serve to recreate d***ensian poverty, lol - there are not enough jobs to pay enough to cover the high cost of living in Britain's cities.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 22:23:25
@LuckyCharms Said

@sister_of_mercy Said

They already give out free condoms, not sure if the pill is free or not, I know that the NHS charges for some prescriptions.

Contraception is free - the pill, or that injection thing.

Even abortion for the first 12/14 weeks is practically on demand anyway (and free via the NHS).
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#20New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:36:18
Yeah sorry my bad. I didn't read it properly.

I suppose the real solution to welfare cases is to try to get to them early to give them drive to want to make something out of their lives. How does one do that? Not sure.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 22:33:47
@treebee Said

rather than impose law on sexual and personal freedoms how about we just stop being a benefit state?

That would be ideal. But how

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 22:44:21
Do get the point about impacting the childrens lives. And yes I agree with this. But if you look at the first link I put on. It is about a family with 10 kids who get 60K a year in benefits because of this and never do a days work. Know for all those ppl that do work is it fair that we gto work to support someone elses life because that is basically what we are doing. And we get paid a lot less for what they get for nothing.

And the voucher idea I agree with. If people are on benefits, they should get food/clothes vouchers a certain amount of electricty and access to a laundrette, in my eyes things like holidays are a privelage not a right.

I do know people who are on benefits not because they have to be but because they find it a lot easier and they know all the tricks to stay on benefits.

Also if a kid is bought up by a benefit family that is all they will know and they might do the same thinking it is the normal way to live, yet again I have seen families with 3 generations living under one roof, none of which have ever done a days work in there lives but between them they live quite comfortably.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 22:47:34
@jmo Said

Surely that is a flaw in the benefit system though. I don't really see what right we have to neuter someone against their will.

It seems a bit of an awful thought process to think that because the tax payer is funding her that we therefore have ownership of her uterus.

It also seems somewhat strange to bring in an extremely illiberal governmental policy based on the actions of one person.

But is it right to expect people who goto work to pay for your life. Sorry but I couldnt have a kid and just think "oh well I cant afford it but I will live off everybody else".
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:42:56
@townie_guy Said

That would be ideal. But how

cap benefits. Benefit should be something to tide you over not something you can live on.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:49:41
yeah like has already been said, it should all be vouchers. And family tax credits which are for kids should also be vouchers for kids stores.

That way if people have difficulty living without the luxuries they will get a job if they are able to.

Its silly that the way to a successful life in the UK is Children and unemployment and a little injury that can never be proved.
syco On April 26, 2013

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#26New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 23:34:11
There is another eason for population control, other than limiting the impact of Vicky pollard types on the messed up economy.

Acording to environmental academics, the demand on the planets resources by the developed world, if it was enjoyed by every one of the planets 7billion inhabitants, would require 3 times that which the earth can support.

So we can have birth control now, or let the population keep increasing and live in a dark earth type future along the lines of that seen in the films blade runner and soylent green.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#27New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 00:03:44
The government has no place in people's bedrooms or uteruses, plain and simple. In the US parents often don't recieve nearly the benefits they could be entitled to( a family member of mine recieves ony $50 per month in child support from the dead beat, abusive father, on 4 children). If you're on disability you're entitled to extra benefits once kids are born to provide for them, this is however not often made known to those on benefits, the caseworkers "forget" to tell clients.

Not all people are on benefits because they don't want to work. Some are in need.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#28New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 01:50:11
@townie_guy Said

Do get the point about impacting the childrens lives. And yes I agree with this. But if you look at the first link I put on. It is about a family with 10 kids who get 60K a year in benefits because of this and never do a days work. Know for all those ppl that do work is it fair that we gto work to support someone elses life because that is basically what we are doing. And we get paid a lot less for what they get for nothing.

And the voucher idea I agree with. If people are on benefits, they should get food/clothes vouchers a certain amount of electricty and access to a laundrette, in my eyes things like holidays are a privelage not a right.

I do know people who are on benefits not because they have to be but because they find it a lot easier and they know all the tricks to stay on benefits.

Also if a kid is bought up by a benefit family that is all they will know and they might do the same thinking it is the normal way to live, yet again I have seen families with 3 generations living under one roof, none of which have ever done a days work in there lives but between them they live quite comfortably.

60k a year for 11 people (at least) doesn't actually sound like much. Sure the sum sounds big when looking at it at face value, but dividing it among, at least, 11 people comes out to about 5.5k per person for the whole year.

That's actually quite surprising if people can truly live comfortably on 5.5k per year.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#29New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 09:09:33
@nooneinparticular Said

60k a year for 11 people (at least) doesn't actually sound like much. Sure the sum sounds big when looking at it at face value, but dividing it among, at least, 11 people comes out to about 5.5k per person for the whole year.

That's actually quite surprising if people can truly live comfortably on 5.5k per year.

And there was me thinking benefits were so people could live. Not so they can live comfortably. They get proviided a shelter over there heads and money for food and essentials. I really am tempted to quit working at times and just follow the trend. Sit on my fat a** all day, do nothing and get money for it.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#30New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 09:18:02
@nooneinparticular Said

And also you are saying that its ok to have lots of kids when you cant provide for them yourself. That is the mindset I disagree with. Ive read articles on this stuff and seen it on TV, and when the parents get interviewed they say stuff like "Well if I have another kid, its easier than having to goto work". Sorry if my morales on life are higher than yours, I was never bought up to live on the benefit system.

I just disagree with expecting people to pay for my lifestyle because im too lazy. Obviously everyone else thinks its ok. I understand some people genuinely need benefits because of illness and disability, and I would rather they get all the money. That is what should happen.

And a lot of people who say they cant get work are just playing the system, and that is a fact. I know you lot think thats good but me personally I dont.

And the 60K a year. If you cant affird to live then maybe they should of stopped having kids after say maybe the 3rd instead of carrying on. Abortions exist and you can get the snip. No-one forced them to have 10 kids, if they couldnt afford it they should of stopped.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs