Politics

Political/Religion Debates Here.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
rachel_ann On October 09, 2004

Little Rock, Arkansas
#76New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 13:21:24
Hi everyone. I am very much enjoying reading this stuff. A suggestion though when you start back...start a new thread! Lol...scrolling through five pages can be tirsome...
panetti On February 17, 2005

Little Rock, Arkansas
#77New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 13:48:14
I wonder if Kyle'll get mad if we ask for yet another forum.

I'll answer that last question when we resume discussing here...
ashley_b On April 29, 2004

#78New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 16:50:10
Quote:
BLEH

I'm with you, chica. Proly cuz my standpoints. Jeoin, and Panetti, you guys are good debaters. I would probably love to read all that if I had different beliefs.

Sin, you are fun.
sin_tastes_like_rainbows On September 07, 2005

#79New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 17:28:35
Thanks, Ash. :D I think I'm all out of intellect for the religion debates and political debates.

I did, however, tell one of my gay friends about this forum. He doesn't attend UALR (yet, anyway), but I told him that there was a lack of inside opinion on the gay marriage topic. He said he'd check it out and maybe give his views on it. He posts a lot on the ratemybody.com forums, and argues with a lot of people on his views about the whole topic.. plus other topics considering he served in the Air Force.
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#80New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 18:12:25
so what will the new topic be....
jmhanvey On October 29, 2004

Little Rock, Arkansas
#81New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 19:43:26
Well...some good topics that ppl can debate for years are...abortion, religious differences(already kinda covering that one), animal rights, environmentalism, war, creation vs evolution
and then of course there's countless debates within the christian circles, like baptism, speaking in tongues, getting filled with the spirit, free will versus predestination, church differences, bible translations...etc etc

So have at it...I may not debate on every one, but then I'm not as well educated about each one as i could be.

#82New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 20:34:53
education is overrated...

Little Rock, Arkansas
#83New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 20:40:11
We should debate the necessity of giant robots in the military...I don't know why that thread hasn't become the most popular yet...
saladin On November 18, 2004

#84New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 20:55:30
I'm assuming everyone missed my set of questions?

They were all the way at the bottom of the page though(p.5)....my posts usually end up the last on every page....

Anyway, I would love to debate the evolution vs. creationism theories. Anyone here for the evolution side?

Oh one more thing, I don't debate unless everything must remain on friendly terms. No name calling of any kind. Just a clear respectful debate. Oh and one more thing, the replies have to be as concise as possible.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#85New Post! Apr 06, 2004 @ 21:39:20
I'm going to answer your Saladin, I just haven't been on long enough to get to it, plus everyone was wanting a hiadas from the debate for a few days.

You'll find that everyone here so far is really friendly when it comes to the debates. It's pretty much just been me, jeoin, sin, ashley, and hanvey, so it's been pretty laid back.

#86New Post! Apr 07, 2004 @ 01:20:43
I am kinda aggressive in a nondenominational manner.
and have trouble staying on topic.
but this is the only forum i have ever played on so i am just learning.
I would still like to hear saladins views on god.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#87New Post! Apr 07, 2004 @ 01:51:33
Quote:
Why did God send Jesus at that particular time? Adam and Eve sinned centuries before Jesus came. Why didn't Jesus come sooner? Does that mean Moses's sins were not forgiven since Jesus had not come yet? How come Moses or Abraham never spoke of any trinity?

I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to somehow criticize Christianity. There are just some things I don't quite understand.

P.S: I hope the answers for these questions don't come up to be one entire page.

Ok, I'm ready to get to this one now. Fortunately, the answer to this one is relatively simple.

1) Why did God send Jesus at that particular time? The answer: We have no idea! Could it be that morality had decayed to a critical point by then? Could it be that the future of humanity was pivotable on that event happening when it did? No clue; we can at best speculate. We know that for God's plan to work out the way it's going to, that's when it needed to happen. As I said in that previous lengthy post, since God can see every moment in time at the same time all of the time, He can devise in ways we can't as to why that was the point in time to place that event.

2) Were those before Jesus not saved? No. If Moses and Elijah weren't saved, they certainly wouldn't have showed up at the transfiguration. That if anything proves that salvation was very much available prior to Jesus. There are two things to keep in mind here: 1) prior to Jesus, sins were forgiven through sacrifices (Jesus later being the ultimate, one-time sacrifice) in accordance with the law (which Jesus, consequently, fulfilled). 2) Jesus died for sins past, present, and future, which is all the more reason he suffered so. Not only did he endure the physical pain of the Roman cross, but he endured the pain of each individual sin past, present, and future...simultaneously.

Old Testament references of the Trinity -- Actcually, there are no references of the word "Trinity" -- it was a word adopted later, so it is not a biblical word; rather it is a word representing a biblical concept. The concept of the Trinity is described in numerous places throughout the Bible, Old and New Testaments alike. To find some O.T. references, look no further than the book of Isaiah.

I know people don't want lengthy answers, but it's hard to answer questions concerning the purpose of life and the origin of our universe in concise terms. Those make for somewhat loaded questions.

And of course none of your questions are taken as criticisms. You can never come to understand anything fully without asking questions about it.
saladin On November 18, 2004

#88New Post! Apr 07, 2004 @ 02:26:49
Quote:
I would still like to hear saladins views on god.

Well here it goes:

I believe God is One. Unlike us, He has no gender. He is omnipotent, self-sufficient and there is nothing comparable to him. He does not need us, but we need him. Above all, He is Just and Merciful. Hence, I believe evildoers, even those who believe in God, will have thier share of punishment. Those who refrain from doing evil deeds, believe in God, pray, give charity, love one another, etc. are NOT equal to those who constantly do evil and sin, do not pray or repent, are greedy, harsh, and oppress others. God forgives whom he wills and punishes whom he wills. He does not need to sacrifice anything to forgive sins. He does not need preists or clergymen to forgive sins. I don't believe we inherit any sins. We are all born with the free will to chose whether or not to obey God. Nothing goes against his will. He is the first, and the last.
(again, these are just my views)

Now, having said this....what religion do you think I practice?

Update/Edit: Panetti, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to continue this interesting discussion because its getting pretty late and I must wake up tomorrow before dawn.
ualrlaw On June 18, 2004

#89New Post! Apr 07, 2004 @ 02:52:36
Saladin,

I'm going to guess you are a Muslim. The reason for this guess is:

1. You didn't mention salvation through Jesus Christ
harry_valentine On December 06, 2004

Little Rock, Arkansas
#90New Post! Apr 07, 2004 @ 03:49:34
Muslim (I think). I don't know a great deal about other religions. Heck I don't know much about Christian church belifes as a religion. I can however tell you, however, that I am completely caught up in my relationship with my savior. But as for my knowlage about denominational practices within the Christian church, I'm mostly clueless.[color=red][/color]
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs