US Elections

Political Irony...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Nov 29, 2012 @ 17:46:17
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/democratic-mcintyre-wins-house-race-north-carolina-144201593--election.html I wonder if the defeated N.C. republican is thinking, "now I know what pres. bush went through in 2004?" It ain't over til it's over!
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#2New Post! Nov 29, 2012 @ 19:10:59
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/democratic-mcintyre-wins-house-race-north-carolina-144201593--election.html I wonder if the defeated N.C. republican is thinking, "now I know what pres. bush went through in 2004?" It ain't over til it's over!

Your party won the election.

Now be a good happy sport and get your winners to actually do something this term other than run thier mouths.

Thank you very much.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#3New Post! Nov 29, 2012 @ 19:22:51
We did that in the Washington Gubernatorial race when Christine Gregoire beat Dino Rossi. She lost at first and had them recount our biggest county like...three times until she won. Then Dino Rossi said, "hey wait a minute, we need to check out why the number keeps going up..." and Gregoire basically said, "Hey, I won. Get over it. "

That kinda pissed me off but she's been a decent governor imo.

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Nov 29, 2012 @ 20:32:39
@Alkaia Said

Now be a good happy sport and get your winners to actually do something this term other than run thier mouths.

Thank you very much.

My party? I don't have a party. I don't consider myself as either party. That doesn't make sense to me as an American. And I don't know what I can do to get ANY politicians do anything! Any suggestions? Don't most elected politicians "run their mouths?"
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Nov 30, 2012 @ 02:39:21
@Alkaia Said

Your party lost the election.

Now be a good happy sport and get your losers to actually do something this term other than run their mouths.

Thank you very much.

There FIFY!
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#6New Post! Nov 30, 2012 @ 21:33:16
@Spinkiegirl Said

My party? I don't have a party. I don't consider myself as either party. That doesn't make sense to me as an American. And I don't know what I can do to get ANY politicians do anything! Any suggestions? Don't most elected politicians "run their mouths?"

All politicians run thier mouths.

Some more than others as we have seen the last few years.

I dont think really there is anything you can do.

Personally Ive begun to accept the countries fate.

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Feb 05, 2013 @ 04:24:18
@Alkaia Said

Thank you very much.

Ok, but i've asked for some suggestions on how they should go about "actually do something" I mean, it's not like Obama's team has been sitting in their plush million dollar homes playing card games & watching T.V....
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#8New Post! Feb 05, 2013 @ 05:29:33
@Spinkiegirl Said

Great. Now we can finally put the 2012 election behind us. It was ugly, insulting to the intellegence of the American People, and no 1 came out looking good (by the way, I think you meant 2000, not 2004).

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Feb 05, 2013 @ 06:56:20
@crazylikeafox Said

Great. Now we can finally put the 2012 election behind us. It was ugly, insulting to the intellegence of the American People, and no 1 came out looking good (by the way, I think you meant 2000, not 2004).

Thanks, I believe I was mistaken. Of course I didn't really get into politics again until someone came along & made me feel like there's a chance my country can finally live up to the false useless claims & promises they made when they founded this "not so great nation!" Thanks for the correction!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Feb 15, 2013 @ 05:35:16
@Alkaia Said

Thank you very much.

Now be a good spoiled sport and get your whinners to actually bring things to a vote third term instead of obstructionism.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Feb 15, 2013 @ 05:36:12
@crazylikeafox Said

someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#12New Post! Feb 15, 2013 @ 17:46:05
@shinobinoz Said

Now be a good spoiled sport and get your whinners to actually bring things to a vote third term instead of obstructionism.

Just FYI (in case you hadn't noticed already) she was banned again and deleted.

McKinney, Texas
#13New Post! Feb 17, 2013 @ 02:10:28

So what, you think the candidates were civil during the election? I'd hate to see what you think uncivil is if that's the case.

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Feb 17, 2013 @ 05:06:20
@crazylikeafox Said

So what, you think the candidates were civil during the election? I'd hate to see what you think uncivil is if that's the case.

I think they both were somewhat "civil during the election." Although, IMO, Obama showed more tolerance, class, and overall more decency than mitt. Obama & his campaign staff as well as those who worked so hard for this president's re-election were the best at what they had to accomplish!

McKinney, Texas
#15New Post! Feb 17, 2013 @ 07:42:02
@Spinkiegirl Said

I think they both were somewhat "civil during the election." Although, IMO, Obama showed more tolerance, class, and overall more decency than mitt. Obama & his campaign staff as well as those who worked so hard for this president's re-election were the best at what they had to accomplish!

I must disagree with you. Both men did almost nothing but insult each other. Their commercials were absolutely horrible, and I found it interesting that most of their lies were about each other. They spent WAY too much time saying why you shouldn't vote for the other guy and almost no time saying why you SHOULD vote for them. I would perhaps use many words to describe last year's election, but "civil" wouldn't be 1 of them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs