AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#46New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 21:42:21
@ninozara Said

Just completely ignore them and read your book?

Or learn how to say 'I don't speak English in another language', or just say 'Sorry, no English' in a heavy accent. That would have to be your opening statement though

Or, if you failed to open with that, you could go with some variation like this:

someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#47New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 21:46:41
@Forumless Said

From my experience most men can do it on demand. I remember my dad always saying 'Pull my finger'. As a kid I thought that was pretty cool that they could do that!

I have a feeling Dad knew he was going to fart before he had you pull his finger.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#48New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 22:18:46
Take two books and a tablet. The one book you want to read and one that resembles a text book .When some one comes up like that girl did just politely excuse yourself and tell them you really really need to study for an exam .
Then take out the text book and tablet like your going to get started .
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#49New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 22:33:53
Poke them in the eye!

I win!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#50New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 22:45:14
@Electric_Banana Said

Banana's Got Talent!

I could bring tears to those judges eyes too!

There is just no end to your telents.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#51New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 23:24:42
@Erimitus Said

Pepper spray

You're harsh, man.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#52New Post! May 16, 2012 @ 00:35:00
@chisa96 Said

So, I don't go to the park to be social. I take my kid to the park so that he can be social and that I can become invisible to him so that I can chill out and read while he runs around all crazy with the other kids. I have zero interest in talking to other parents.

The other day I worked until the afternoon, then took the kid out on the kayak chatting about the birds and turtles and whether or not the billy goats would be on the troll bridge this time, and then the plan was to hang out by the playground afterwards while he played and I read.

It was ruined, and this particular day I was really not in the mood to be bothered.

This other girl comes over, one of those ridiculously nice people, and she starts chatting about the kayak and society and yadda yadda yadda. I really wanted her to go away, but she was too nice to be rude to, and I didn't want to be mean either.

I had my book out and open, replied as shortly as I could without being blatantly rude, and went back into my book after I answered. And still she went on and on. I wanted to say to her, "Look, you're really nice and all, and you seem interesting enough, but I'm just not in the mood to sit here and chat with some random stranger about whether society conditions us to lose interest in childish fun. GO. AWAY."

How do you say that nicely when people don't take a hint or pick up on that you're not into the conversation?

"Now is not a good time for me to have a conversation with you. Let's talk later."

J.R.
MainerMikeBrown On April 19, 2021

Hiram, Maine
#53New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 23:22:45
A few years ago, I was eating at a restaurant when this creepy looking guy who clearly wasn't rational came up to me and started talking. Half of what he was saying I couldn't make out.

Hiram, Maine
#54New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 23:26:29
If someone who's talking to you isn't rational enough to read you're body lanquage (which is saying "Go away," ) than what can you do?
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#55New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 19:23:11
Here's an idea...stop acting like someone who's trying to be friendly is doing something wrong. Geez you're at the park, interact with your kid instead of burying your nose in a book. I get it, you work, good money says so does the other woman. She still managed to be friendly.Stop being snotty and enjoy friendly folks, they seem to be a rarity. Set a good example for the kids, you want yours to play nice and be well socialized? Give it a try yourself! You don't want to do anything but read, fine stay home and let your kid play on his own awhile or ask kiddo's dad or another family member to come with and entertain while you kick back. Geez, complaining aboit a person being nice of all things!
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#56New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 19:42:21
@lilkatangel Said

Here's an idea...stop acting like someone who's trying to be friendly is doing something wrong. Geez you're at the park, interact with your kid instead of burying your nose in a book. I get it, you work, good money says so does the other woman. She still managed to be friendly.Stop being snotty and enjoy friendly folks, they seem to be a rarity. Set a good example for the kids, you want yours to play nice and be well socialized? Give it a try yourself! You don't want to do anything but read, fine stay home and let your kid play on his own awhile or ask kiddo's dad or another family member to come with and entertain while you kick back. Geez, complaining aboit a person being nice of all things!

I hear what you are saying. I am a polite person and smile and say hi to people. There is nothing wrong with being nice and I do not think she is saying that woman is wrong for being nice. There is a fine line with being pleasant and smiling, saying hi and when someone feels as though you have to sit there and talk with them for 20 minutes to an hour.

Sometimes we might just be in a bad mood, sometimes we just had a busy day and do not feel like socializing and there is nothing wrong with that. If I go to the coffee shop to escape for a few minutes and have a few minutes of alone time, just because I am there and by myself does not mean I have to be forced to engage in unwanted conversation with the person next to me whom I do not even know. I should have good manners and be polite, smile and say hi but people should also understand sometimes strangers do not want to sit and talk with them.

Being polite and having good manners goes two ways. Make polite conversation but do not hold someone up from their day or make it so you are infringing on their personal space and personal time.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#57New Post! May 23, 2012 @ 21:32:04
@chisa96 Said

You're harsh, man.

E: pepper spray

C:You're harsh, man.

E: well it has always worked on me.

Hiram, Maine
#58New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 00:08:50
Pretending that I don't speak English is one way to get someone to leave me alone.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#59New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 01:15:27
i know i was talking to someone just standing for the bus, and i'm am talking to them. if i annoying them, they would asked me to stopped talking to me. if i am talking too much, i would asked them, if i am brothering them. they will tell me, " yes or no ". most people are so polite to me, they don't mind me talking to them. people can politely simply tell me to " leave me alone ! " or be rude little hostile to me, or stick the hand out like a stop sign. depend on the person, you are with, you need to watch their body language to see if they are approachable. good judgement is the key!
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#60New Post! Apr 23, 2020 @ 13:14:44
Best way is marry that person so 20 years later they'll hate you so bad they'll cut your throat while you're sleeping.

That's what I heard.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs