Forums:
Politics

Police "neglect" in custody death

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#1New Post! Mar 27, 2006 @ 15:25:36
A former paratrooper, and veteran of the falkland war, named Christopher Alder died in a police station in Hull in 1998. Recently a watchdog has ruled that his death was due to "the most serious neglect of duty" on part of the officers involved.

He choked to death on his own blood and vomit, as he lay on the floor of the police station for eleven minutes with his trousers around his ankles. CCTV footage SHOWED officers chatting as he struggled for life.

In 2002 five officers were cleared of manslaugheter and misconduct regarding his death, and only his family conpaigning for further inquiry did anything.

In a 400 page report the Independent Police Complaints Comission chairman, Nick Hardwick, described their behaviour as "disgraceful".

bbc newsstory

HOW did these people get OFF the first time around?
I ask you! It seems to me there isn't even a token effort at seeming just from those that "investigate" charges against the police. NOTHING short of public outcry seems to be able to get violent, delinquent, and unfit cops busted.
What do you think about this?
xohxthexironyx On December 25, 2006

Towards San Francisco, Califor
#2New Post! Mar 27, 2006 @ 16:11:09
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#3New Post! Mar 28, 2006 @ 14:26:49
This is a total disgrace to the police force how on f***ing earth could they stand there for 10min and think that this is funny when in actual fact you are watching a man die right in front of you.And I say a big factor was that he was black and they obiviously don't like blacks but that's no way to treat a human being no matter what the skin colour is.We all have to live on this earth so get use to it.And the fact that all Five officers were cleared of manslaughter and misconduct in 2002 over Mr Alder's death that is just unbelievable how could these five coppers get let off the hook here?Hey when they were watching this man and vetran die.If you or I were to do that we wouldn't get these charges cleared no way on earth and all because of police power well that has to stop and these five in particular need to be charged to the full extent of the law and understand what the f*** they have done bloody sick crimminals-(the police).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs