Forums:
Technology & Internet

Pictures

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#1New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 14:46:51
I can no longer able to post pictures. Where do I find a image URL/address?

#2New Post! Sep 01, 2017 @ 16:32:51
@Erimitus Said

I can no longer able to post pictures. Where do I find a image URL/address?

Please
chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Sep 01, 2017 @ 21:30:33
@Erimitus Said

Please

I would love to help you, but my consulting fees are a bit high for you.

PS
I had this problem the other day. It pissed me off (sadly an easy thing for mindless technology to accomplish).

My solution was:

1. Pour yourself a Dry Margarita neither shaken nor stirred. (This is my invention.) Take a glass (preferably cobalt blue), put two large ice cubes (preferably the weird but cool ones that look vaguely like the Death Star), add two shots of silver tequila, a squeeze of lime, and a splash of filtered water. Do NOT put salt on the rim!!!!

2. Log out of your TFS account.

3. Walk away from the computer for about 4 hours.

4. Drink your Dry Margarita....maybe even have a second one.

5. Log back into TFS.

6. Try to post your picture again.

7. If the problem continues, go back to #1 and repeat.

> If you still can't post the picture, copy it to your desk top, rename it "What the F__k" (this naming part is massively important), save at a reduced size (around 1 mb or less)... then try to repost the picture using "image.me".

If that doesn't work.... here is a picture of a little guy that came to visit me last night... kind of small... I'm told the small ones are the most dangerous...

PPS
If you look up "Dry Margarita" on the internet, you will most likely find a different recipe. Stupid jerk heads stole my drink's name. I've had mine for literally decades.

#4New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 05:22:14
@chaski Said

I would love to help you, but my consulting fees are a bit high for you.

PS
I had this problem the other day. It pissed me off (sadly an easy thing for mindless technology to accomplish).

My solution was:

1. Pour yourself a Dry Margarita neither shaken nor stirred. (This is my invention.) Take a glass (preferably cobalt blue), put two large ice cubes (preferably the weird but cool ones that look vaguely like the Death Star), add two shots of silver tequila, a squeeze of lime, and a splash of filtered water. Do NOT put salt on the rim!!!!

2. Log out of your TFS account.

3. Walk away from the computer for about 4 hours.

4. Drink your Dry Margarita....maybe even have a second one.

5. Log back into TFS.

6. Try to post your picture again.

7. If the problem continues, go back to #1 and repeat.

> If you still can't post the picture, copy it to your desk top, rename it "What the F__k" (this naming part is massively important), save at a reduced size (around 1 mb or less)... then try to repost the picture using "image.me".

If that doesn't work.... here is a picture of a little guy that came to visit me last night... kind of small... I'm told the small ones are the most dangerous...

PPS
If you look up "Dry Margarita" on the internet, you will most likely find a different recipe. Stupid jerk heads stole my drink's name. I've had mine for literally decades.

How did you post that picture?
chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 16:42:26
@Erimitus Said

How did you post that picture?

I typically use my own photos or photos downloaded to my computer, so....

> I click on the reply box...either "quick reply" of "post reply"...

> Then click on the upload photo icon (its the one that looks like a white rectangle with an up-arrow, 7th icon on the left, which opens "ImageFra.me"

I log in (I use the same user name as TFS).

> Once logged in it gives me the opportunity to upload pictures from my computer, or upload pictures from "ImageFra.me". I think you can even add text to the "ImageFra.me" pictures, but I haven't done that yet.

> Sometimes my pictures need to be reduced in size (I use a full frame camera and shoot pics in "RAW" so the files are massive files).

I used to use picture icon to the left (5th icon down) and put in the url of the picture I wanted, but (again) typically I use my own pics so rarely do that anymore.

I hope that made sense...

#6New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 18:07:18
@chaski Said

I typically use my own photos or photos downloaded to my computer, so....

> I click on the reply box...either "quick reply" of "post reply"...

> Then click on the upload photo icon (its the one that looks like a white rectangle with an up-arrow, 7th icon on the left, which opens "ImageFra.me"

I log in (I use the same user name as TFS).

> Once logged in it gives me the opportunity to upload pictures from my computer, or upload pictures from "ImageFra.me". I think you can even add text to the "ImageFra.me" pictures, but I haven't done that yet.

> Sometimes my pictures need to be reduced in size (I use a full frame camera and shoot pics in "RAW" so the files are massive files).

I used to use picture icon to the left (5th icon down) and put in the url of the picture I wanted, but (again) typically I use my own pics so rarely do that anymore.

I hope that made sense...

ty
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 19:04:02
once in awhile, twilite and I use that website. twilite, never listen to me. when he take a picture of me, he take a picture of his hand or his finger. he think his hand best thing about him. he is right, he is the good looking family member in his family.

twilite has a nice smile, when I take the muzzle off his head. twilte's ex-wife, stella eat her muzzle, while she ate six pizzas in a row in one day. stella told me, she told me that she get gas, when she eat the box too fast.

I don't like the meme or the photos, they have on website. they are few maybe I used. they a photo of the cast of " 1968: planet of apes ", I am attempt to use my brother and sisters, told me. they will be angry at me, showing our family pictures in public.

#8New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 20:37:49
@twilitezone911 Said

once in awhile, twilite and I use that website. twilite, never listen to me. when he take a picture of me, he take a picture of his hand or his finger. he think his hand best thing about him. he is right, he is the good looking family member in his family.

twilite has a nice smile, when I take the muzzle off his head. twilte's ex-wife, stella eat her muzzle, while she ate six pizzas in a row in one day. stella told me, she told me that she get gas, when she eat the box too fast.

I don't like the meme or the photos, they have on website. they are few maybe I used. they a photo of the cast of " 1968: planet of apes ", I am attempt to use my brother and sisters, told me. they will be angry at me, showing our family pictures in public.

I have a great deal of difficulty using these darn computer gadgets. I took a class at the community college and got an 'A'; what I did not get was an understanding of how to use these darn computer gadgets.
mrmhead On about 23 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 20:54:29
I usually post pics from the interwebs ... is that what you are asking about?

If you're referring to your "Time" thread attempt - it just looks like you fat-finger fumbled a few clicks and drags.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 21:19:42
@Erimitus Said

I have a great deal of difficulty using these darn computer gadgets. I took a class at the community college and got an 'A'; what I did not get was an understanding of how to use these darn computer gadgets.

about 20 years, I took a computer course at community college, too, it a waste of my time. I eventually had teached myself, how to used a computer. you are right, I have " trail & error " with computer gadgets with apps. try to follow the instructions, to understand, I usually I guess at it. hopefully, I don't screw up my computer on the way.

#11New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 21:28:44
@mrmhead Said

I usually post pics from the interwebs ... is that what you are asking about?

If you're referring to your "Time" thread attempt - it just looks like you fat-finger fumbled a few clicks and drags.

Whatever I did it was other than correct.

My approach is to randomly hit keys until something desirable happens; sometimes I just pound the keys with my fists. That really does not help but it is very satisfying.

Actually that is pretty much my approach to life. I randomly to things until something desirable happens. Sometimes I pound with my fists. It really does not help but it is very satisfying. It has been my experience that life is not fair. In fact that was one of my first realizations as a child.

As far as posting pictures on TFS goes; who wants to post a bunch of dumb 'ol pictures anyway. Not me. That's for sure.
mrmhead On about 23 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 22:13:56
@Erimitus Said

Whatever I did it was other than correct.

My approach is to randomly hit keys until something desirable happens; sometimes I just pound the keys with my fists. That really does not help but it is very satisfying.

Actually that is pretty much my approach to life. I randomly to things until something desirable happens. Sometimes I pound with my fists. It really does not help but it is very satisfying. It has been my experience that life is not fair. In fact that was one of my first realizations as a child.

As far as posting pictures on TFS goes; who wants to post a bunch of dumb 'ol pictures anyway. Not me. That's for sure.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words

or so ..

#13New Post! Sep 02, 2017 @ 23:30:24
@mrmhead Said

Because a picture is worth a thousand words

or so ..

chuckle

#14New Post! Sep 03, 2017 @ 03:07:35

Ta Da!!!

I posted a picture. HA!!!

Look at me all computer literate and everything.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs