News & Current Events

Petition: Move Melania Trump to White House, or she can foot security bill

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 04:38:16
Quote:
More than 108,000 people have signed a petition urging First Lady Melania Trump to move to the White House or pay for security costs at Trump Tower herself.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/petition-move-melania-trump-to-white-house-or-she-can-foot-security-bill/

I agree .
I'm willing to bet that the schools in Washington DC are at least as good as the schools in N.Y.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 15:57:59
@white_swan53 Said

I'm willing to bet that the schools in Washington DC are at least as good as the schools in N.Y.

Interesting question...so I googled it.

According to one report DC is ranked #6 (I used to live in the area and find that hard to believe) compared to NY #10 in a "A state-by-state breakdown of the 2016 Best High Schools rankings". Maryland (right beside DC) is #1. Of course within each state there are various districts which are better or worse.

NYC does have quite a few very good private schools in the "top 100"...

...but DC has a number of very good private schools as well, including Sidwell Friends a very good private school in DC...but Obama's & Clinton's daughters went there...
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 17:02:43
She says that she wants Barron to finish the school year before she moves in. Perhaps she just wants to make sure that he can finish the year with his friends, but a lot of people seem to think that it's a sign that things between Melania and Dongus aren't the greatest. I kinda feel bad for her.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 20:24:25
@psycoskunk Said

I kinda feel bad for her.

Yes... this.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 21:57:37
i don't really fell sorry for her, because we were going paid for to live her and bozo, jr. there to june.

i really wasn't surprise by this article, the bozos were going take advance every that presidency is going offer.

bozo will probably bring the us budget high for only private use in next 4 to 8 years.

this one of bozo's plans during the election.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Mar 31, 2017 @ 01:16:55
does melania have her own account, if she want to paid this security bill, could she on paid on own?

bozo would for to save face with the country and paid out of the government. i slight possible he would out of his own money.

but i don't think the government will allow it. the government will the reaction of what other countries would reaction to it.

some foreign powers might think that america is weak not strong, if the government let her paid it or bozo paid for it from his pocket.

not that the fact is probably tax write off for bozo or the government. or both.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 31, 2017 @ 04:26:50
I thought the First Lady had certain obligations according to her position.

Please forgive me if I've got this wrong, but as I (and probably most of us over here) see it, the First Lady is expected to perform a social and semi-official role as the President's Consort. You know the sort of thing.... to be a hostess at the White House for visiting dignitaries.... be photographed with her husband on the White House Lawn at certain State functions. That sort of thing. Not a paid role as an servant of the people, but more a social obligation. A sort of "goes with the territory" thing.

Being holed up in Castle von Trumpington doesn't sit comfortably with that obligation, does it..?

If I'm getting this wrong, please correct me. But if being the wife of the President carries responsibilities then I don't see how she can be fulfilling those obligations properly by not being there.

Come on, Madam First Lady. If you've got a job to do, it's time to get going and do it. Buck up..!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Mar 31, 2017 @ 04:57:28
@Jennifer1984 Said

Please forgive me if I've got this wrong, but as I (and probably most of us over here) see it, the First Lady is expected to perform a social and semi-official role as the President's Consort. You know the sort of thing.... to be a hostess at the White House for visiting dignitaries.... be photographed with her husband on the White House Lawn at certain State functions. That sort of thing. Not a paid role as an servant of the people, but more a social obligation. A sort of "goes with the territory" thing.

Being holed up in Castle von Trumpington doesn't sit comfortably with that obligation, does it..?

If I'm getting this wrong, please correct me. But if being the wife of the President carries responsibilities then I don't see how she can be fulfilling those obligations properly by not being there.

Come on, Madam First Lady. If you've got a job to do, it's time to get going and do it. Buck up..!!

jennifer - you are right above what you said. i am not sure what petition sound little stupid.

if the government wasn't going paid for the security, bozo would so.

rather the government paid for mrs. bozo and bozo, jr.. then the government for jewelry or dress that overprice that the government paid for.

mrs. bozo doesn't have to anything in the next four years. the position of " the first lady " to make the president's wife feel important to give her something do.

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Mar 31, 2017 @ 20:04:27
@psycoskunk Said

She says that she wants Barron to finish the school year before she moves in. Perhaps she just wants to make sure that he can finish the year with his friends, but a lot of people seem to think that it's a sign that things between Melania and Dongus aren't the greatest. I kinda feel bad for her.

While I can empathize with her , whether it's wanting to let the kid finish the school year with his friends or not wanting to live in a glass house with a cheating husband , I don't believe we should get stuck with the bill .
Funky-Footed Skunk

#10New Post! Apr 02, 2017 @ 08:19:35
@white_swan53 Said

While I can empathize with her , whether it's wanting to let the kid finish the school year with his friends or not wanting to live in a glass house with a cheating husband , I don't believe we should get stuck with the bill .

That's why I'm glad I'm Canadian. I don't have to pay for Trump.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Apr 02, 2017 @ 08:44:36
@psycoskunk Said

That's why I'm glad I'm Canadian. I don't have to pay for Trump.

I was wrong when I said He was going to take office a millionaire and leave it a billionaire. It will be him and his whole friggin famdamily who will be billionaire's when they finally clear out of the white house .
Funky-Footed Skunk

#12New Post! Apr 02, 2017 @ 17:28:35
@white_swan53 Said

I was wrong when I said He was going to take office a millionaire and leave it a billionaire. It will be him and his whole friggin famdamily who will be billionaire's when they finally clear out of the white house .

Unless he screws up so badly the only real way to fix it is to sell off the whole country to the highest bidder. I have a feeling that he's gonna take a pretty big hit when he's in the White House.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#13New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 16:42:11
@Jennifer1984 Said

The Constitution doesn't talk about the 1st Lady, which means she technically doesn't have any official responsibilities. The 1st Lady could sit around and do nothing and it'd be just as legitimate as if she was a bigger activist than the President. That said, the 1st Lady has traditionally been expected to be the host for visiting dignitaries and foreign leaders. I don't know what the Trump's plans are for that, but as far as I know no one has come to visit yet either, and assuming she's telling the truth about wanting to wait until the end of the school year that's only a couple months from now. So I think it's worth waiting until then to see if she actually moves to DC.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs