The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

People with Very low IQ's and HUGE egos.......

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
lonestar On June 16, 2021

, Australia
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:27:55
How do you get across to these people that you don't want anything at all, ever, no time, to do with them & that you have absolutely no interest in hearing from them, seeing them or knowing what they are doing or for that matter even care what they are doing??
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:45:40
"No, thank you. I'm allergic".
**walk away swiftly, never look back**
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:46:54
"I'm sorry I don't speak English"
Draco On August 28, 2017

In the imaginary city that is
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 05:41:16
I guess telling them that you are not interested has not worked?

It sometimes amazes me that people just don't have the guts to be honest and tell someone thank you for your effort but I am not interested in hearing, talking, seeing the person....yet they try and avoid them.

Try and be honest about how you feel....it is much more appreciated than brushing them off with all sorts of lies or avoiding them.

If that fails....threaten them with a knife
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 05:47:02
this is why you get a paycheck, you have to make a living. i put with a lot of people had a ego problems, who i put being my friends for 34 years as a butcher. when the clock said, it time to leave my job. i left my problems at the job and my so- called friends, i try to enjoyed the rest of the evening. i make a policy, it took a while to do it, but separate my job and my private life. i made sure that my co-workers and i never get together outside the job, unless it was necessary. this topic's title mean you are better than everybody. i prefer wouldn't want to be around you. i grew up with like that with people, who had low options of there fellow man. i will admit that ' i am legend of own mind '. nothing wrong being around people like that think they are better than you, don't be an a*****e, act the same way. if you don't like it in the first place.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 08:44:09
Ah....

You're female...that 'splains it.

Tell them straight up that their political stance is different to yours.

I remember one of my first GF's was a hardcore Christian/Conservative - Didn't think it mattered at that time.

Actually because religion and pollies did not matter to me that first GF may have been a setup to scare my a** in the complete opposite direction.

Either way; let them know you have different politics.

Myself, I also try to distance people who are still too 'down in it' (for their sake as well as mine).
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 13:53:45
@lonestar Said

How do you get across to these people that you don't want anything at all, ever, no time, to do with them & that you have absolutely no interest in hearing from them, seeing them or knowing what they are doing or for that matter even care what they are doing??

These are character-building moments. Occasionally we ride elevators or buses with people who make us less than comfortable.

Remain calm. Be professional and courteous. Have a plan to kill them but do not take action on that plan unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#8New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 18:38:27
@lonestar Said

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 18:44:00
It all comes down to what you are wearing.

#10New Post! Jan 08, 2015 @ 18:58:42
@chaski Said

It all comes down to what you are wearing.

Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#11New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 06:29:22
Try asking to borrow money from them. After I say that I'm usually standing alone.

Corey.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#12New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 09:06:12
-Use big words, and then when they say that they don't know what _____ means, just say "I know you don't, sweetie" and keep talking.

-Interrupt them mid-sentence by abruptly saying "Wait a second"- put on headphones, and then say "Much better. Go on."

#13New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 10:45:59
@smallBUTTerflies Said

-Use big words, and then when they say that they don't know what _____ means, just say "I know you don't, sweetie" and keep talking.

-Interrupt them mid-sentence by abruptly saying "Wait a second"- put on headphones, and then say "Much better. Go on."

<chuckle>
Sifr On February 13, 2015

, India
#14New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 16:26:20
I like to be around people with big egos. You don't have to wait long before someone with a bigger ego comes along and...it's quite fun.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#15New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 18:29:02
@lonestar Said

Personally I'd just be honest and upfront.
This can be done without being rude or insulting, unless you want to be rude and insulting like...
Which i don't believe you do or you wouldn't be asking advice, you'd simply tell them to p*ss off.
Just say you mean no offence but you don't believe you have much in common with this person. This leaves you feeling like there is no point in you having any type of relationship with them. So you think it's bests that you part company.

Or..

Tell the to p*ss off and not speak to you.

choice is yours really, the point is to be honest.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs