Health & Fitness

Panic / Anxiety Attacks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#1New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:41:47
I myself have anxiety attacks. I have had these attacks since the age of three and sadly still have them to this day. Personally I would like to meet others who go through these issues and possibly learn new ways of dealing with my attacks when they happen. Well I hope you guys post.
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#2New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:45:45
Are you taking any medication?
challands On December 17, 2012

Deleted

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:46:49
I have had anxiety attacks but i have only recently started having them so i dont really know how to deal with them..I was so scared when i had my first one and i was all on my own..maybe you could share some of the things you do when you have them with me please if you don't mind?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#4New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:49:10
My husband and his father used to have panic attacks. Dad is on some sort of medication now and hubby stopped having them (don't know why though).

When they were having them, they would just try to expend as much adrenaline as possible. Usually just by running around in circles and whatnot.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#5New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:53:43
@Charlemagne Said

Are you taking any medication?

Yeah but I don't think I should solely rely on the medication because it has back fired before.
Dellasandro On August 19, 2010

Gawler, Australia
#6New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:55:01
There's some good medication around these days, that should fix your attacks,without making you look or feel like a zombie.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#7New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:55:22
@challands Said

I have had anxiety attacks but i have only recently started having them so i dont really know how to deal with them..I was so scared when i had my first one and i was all on my own..maybe you could share some of the things you do when you have them with me please if you don't mind?

What happens when you have attacks? Do you feel like you can't breathe or swallow? Anything along those lines?

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#8New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:57:49
@Dellasandro Said

There's some good medication around these days, that should fix your attacks,without making you look or feel like a zombie.

True. Though some of my meds have made me depressed and have almost put me Circles of Care.
Merlin On June 22, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 18:59:19
@astrohamgirl Said

Yeah but I don't think I should solely rely on the medication because it has back fired before.

As long as you don't mind reading i would definately suggest you read something on Cognitive Behaviourial Therapy. You might find some handy techniques to help you manage your attacks. Firstly though, think of all the times that they have occurred and see if you can find a common dinominator. When you find the trigger your'll have a better idea of how to manage your attacks. M
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#10New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:00:04
look into deep breathing,helped me,but you do need to practice it, it dont come easy at first but does really helpx
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#11New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:01:08
@astrohamgirl Said

What happens when you have attacks? Do you feel like you can't breathe or swallow? Anything along those lines?

I would have difficulty making eye contact and feel uncomfortable in a crowd or talking to strangers, a real career killer for a salesman.

I got to where I could feel anxiety levels rising and I would go into the men's room, sit in a stall for maybe 3 mins with eyes closed, then splash cold water on my face and the back of my neck, dry off, administer a shot of clear eyes, look myself in the mirror, smile, and say SHOWTIME! outloud, then I'd go back out on the sales floor.

Just any little secret trick that makes you feel better.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:03:22
@Merlin Said

As long as you don't mind reading i would definately suggest you read something on Cognitive Behaviourial Therapy. You might find some handy techniques to help you manage your attacks. Firstly though, think of all the times that they have occurred and see if you can find a common dinominator. When you find the trigger your'll have a better idea of how to manage your attacks. M

I know what triggers them. I have a huge phobia of vomiting so the attacks come from the fear of being sick to my stomach. I'm going to therapy too but I just think that talking to others could help me relate more.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#13New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:05:04
@Charlemagne Said

I would have difficulty making eye contact and feel uncomfortable in a crowd or talking to strangers, a real career killer for a salesman.

I got to where I could feel anxiety levels rising and I would go into the men's room, sit in a stall for maybe 3 mins with eyes closed, then splash cold water on my face and the back of my neck, dry off, administer a shot of clear eyes, look myself in the mirror, smile, and say SHOWTIME! outloud, then I'd go back out on the sales floor.

Just any little secret trick that makes you feel better.

When I have my attacks I feel like I can't breath or swallow. So I get the sensation that I'm choking to death.
challands On December 17, 2012

Deleted

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:05:40
@astrohamgirl Said

Yes and also like someone is crushing my ribs they are horrible
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#15New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:06:30
Medication is ok, but will not take away panic/anxiety attacks altogether.

You have to find out what is the stressor that triggers that attack and try to learn new 'Thought Patterns' which is not easy but with time will lessen the intensity of the attack and maybe get rid of it completely.

Talking it out with someone is a great option if you have someone that will listen to you and firmly explain to you that what you are suffering is being exaggerated and proceed to help you see that.

New ways of dealing with anxiety is a long road and you need the right person/persons to help you on that road.

Attacks can be very debilitating but they can definitely be dealt with with they right approach. Now! It's time to find and approach that will work for YOU!

Good Luck and hope everything goes well for you, the first step you have taken already which is the hardest, now keep taking the steps and hopefully soon you will be looking back on Anxiety/Panic attacks as a thing from the past or at the very least they won't be as intensive.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs