The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

PLEASE! this is for Gabe... read this, please... i'm so scared.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
the_cheshire_kat On July 01, 2006

Islip, New York
#1New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:12:57
Okay, everyone... keep your fingers crossed for Gabe.
Gabriel is my 4-year-old baby cousin. His mother, my cousin Liz (which i guess makes Gabe my second cousin or something ::shrugs:: ) is a selfish, irresponsible lowlife and so is her boyfriend David, who though not Gabe's natural father, is the only father figure Gabe has known. The two of them have always had trouble... Neither of them took very good care of Gabe. They fought in front of him constantly, they didn't give him a stable home-life, they didn't pay enough attention to him, and just all around did a bad job (they let the poor kid's teeth all rot out- he hates ice cream because it's "too cold" ).
Now Liz, who has had a history of drug problems, is awaiting trial for doing a stupid, awful, selfish thing... A while ago (it seems like years by now ), a cop pulled her over or something like that... in the car, he found her driving, a friend of hers from Rehab shooting up H in the passenger seat, and HER SON, MY FOUR YEAR OLD COUSIN GABRIEL, in the MOTHER**CKING BACK SEAT.
she was in jail for a while and now she's waiting to be tried, personally i think she deserves jail.
anyway, there's the question of who gets Gabriel, since she was ruled unfit to care for him.
It's come down to Liz's father (my Uncle Brian, the ex-cop and all around great person who has been there for Gabe since the beginning ) versus Gabriel's natural father, whom Gabe has never met (nor indeed heard of ) who lives down in Louisiana.
the plot thickens.
David is now in league with Gabe's Birth-father Doug. He's supporting him in court. Why? Even though any idiot must realize that the best thing for a 4-year-old who's had no sort of stable home life is NOT to go down to butt**ck with some a**hole he's never even heard of, uprooting him, and taking him away from everything and everyone he knows; but to stay with the people who have provided the only stable element in his short existence- the people who love him.
No, David's motives are hardly noble. He knows he has no sort of right to this child (he even tried to legally adopt him once, and Doug was ready to give up all rights to his son ), and if he'll never get to see Gabe again, then Liz shouldn't get to either. He's doing it out of spite. He's a selfish prick who is willing to compromise a child's life to cause his ex-girlfriend pain.

The custody battle started today...

All of us (my family, Uncle Brian, Liz's mother, brother, and sister, etc... ) are scared out of our minds. I keep thinking... what if Uncle Brian doesn't get him? What if Uncle Brian doesn't get Gabe?
And i know the answer to that question...
We'll never see him again.

Please, please, please everyone cross you fingers or pray or meditate or whatever it is you do...
Please think about what's best for Gabe.
Please, please, please.
Oh please, let the fates be kind.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:14:22
ellie On December 06, 2007

JOPLIN, Missouri
#3New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:17:04
praying for him, so he gts the stable life he deserves, no kid should go through that kind of s***...please keep us informed
chipmunkinator On January 21, 2016

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:17:31
good luck to gabe im sure he'll go to uncle brian
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#5New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:18:27
My thoughts are with him and I truly hope everything works out in the end
noshingnell On December 29, 2012

LaaLaa Land, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:20:34
I sincerly hope that your Uncle Brian does win custody. He definatly sounds the person who would be able to give this child the life that they deserve. It really sickens me to think that pople can treat children like this. They are such precious little angels, how can anybody act like this when they are responsable for a child. I feel guilty when I'm ill and havent got the energy to play with my little 'uns as much as normal. Do these people have no concience. People shooting up infront of kids is disgusting. I really hope that the courts see that there is only one right choice for your you little cousin, and thats your uncle. The poor little angel has had a hard enough start in life without the courts ruining the rest of it. Good luck.
chipmunkinator On January 21, 2016

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:26:33
noshingnell has said it all. It seems he has had a hard enough start to his life. I really really hope you uncle wins. stories like that upset me and how someone can be so careless and thoughtless - i cannot understand.
fidget On March 04, 2008

, South Africa
#8New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:46:46
dude and i thought my life was bad.. will be thinking 'bout the kid
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#9New Post! Nov 07, 2005 @ 18:49:21
wow- best wishes for the right outcome!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others