Forums: Relationships:
Family

Overseas

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ProudArmyWifey On January 23, 2010

clarksville,
#1New Post! Jul 24, 2009 @ 22:42:31
Its been 5 mon since he has gone overseas and its killing me to be alone. it will be next April when he comes back home to stay, I just moved to a new State with my sister to get my mind off of being alone. i am currently working on getting a job..i find most days easy to pass away. he will be home on leave in October. i am so happy about that. anyone have any ideas on what more i can do to pass the time?
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 24, 2009 @ 22:46:04
I hope your man comes home safe and well.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#3New Post! Jul 24, 2009 @ 22:55:22
first of all Welcome to TFS

and
second,,,....

I forgot what I was going to type.

welcome anyway
and you can pass your time on here as well.
fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#4New Post! Jul 24, 2009 @ 23:11:38
well, sis... army life is tough
blackfoot1964 On December 08, 2016

Dunstable, Massachusetts
#5New Post! Jul 24, 2009 @ 23:54:14
Welcome aboard!

Being a spouse or significant other of any military member is most difficult. The only thing that I can say is to do your best maintaining your life and taking as much solace in the fact that you are enjoying what you have due to the sacrifice that he and countless others are and have made.
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jul 25, 2009 @ 01:36:43
@ProudArmyWifey Said

Its been 5 mon since he has gone overseas and its killing me to be alone. it will be next April when he comes back home to stay, I just moved to a new State with my sister to get my mind off of being alone. i am currently working on getting a job..i find most days easy to pass away. he will be home on leave in October. i am so happy about that. anyone have any ideas on what more i can do to pass the time?

Me and my fiance have had to spend a lot of time apart while we were working on getting his visa.

I found that picking up crafts really helped me. Painting, knitting, car models, drawing, coloring in coloring books were all a lot of fun. Certain video games kept me entertained too.

clarksville,
#7New Post! Jul 25, 2009 @ 02:09:49
Thank you so much i think i shall take up a craft

@cailyn10289 Said

Me and my fiance have had to spend a lot of time apart while we were working on getting his visa.

I found that picking up crafts really helped me. Painting, knitting, car models, drawing, coloring in coloring books were all a lot of fun. Certain video games kept me entertained too.
Scottish on Fridays

#8New Post! Jul 25, 2009 @ 02:15:58
@ProudArmyWifey Said

Thank you so much i think i shall take up a craft

Just hang in there, I know it's hard now but when he gets back you will be so happy. It really makes you appreciate the time you spend together so much more!

clarksville,
#9New Post! Jul 25, 2009 @ 02:53:19
Today was the 1st time i have cried since he left..i know it makes me sound weak but somtimes its hard to take ya know???

@cailyn10289 Said

Just hang in there, I know it's hard now but when he gets back you will be so happy. It really makes you appreciate the time you spend together so much more!
Scottish on Fridays

#10New Post! Jul 25, 2009 @ 03:02:36
@ProudArmyWifey Said

Today was the 1st time i have cried since he left..i know it makes me sound weak but somtimes its hard to take ya know???

The first time? Don't feel bad. When I was separated from my fiance I was crying practically everyday! It's VERY hard to be apart from the one you love.
fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#11New Post! Jul 26, 2009 @ 20:52:11
oh poor cessi...You got your sister here with you, you dont need to cry.
Jacquesmetat On August 01, 2012

Out on the 'oggin, United King
#12New Post! Aug 13, 2009 @ 14:38:58
As a 22 year ex-navy man (finished my time in '97) I have to say to Army Wifey that she's not the first and won't be the last to find out what separation is all about, nor what it is to worry about having a husband serving in a combat theatre.

I was in the Falklands in '82 and in Gulf War 1 back in '91 so I know what I'm talking about.

Now, I don't want to sound unsympathetic and uncaring but this is how it is for service wives. If you knew he was in the military when you married him, then this is what you let yourself in for.

I hope Army Wifey has her family around her. Parents and brothers and sisters and close friends are the best form of support. They should draw closer to you and be there when you need them. My wife drew on her family rather than other navy wives. All the navy wives did was depress each other and drink too much.

Do you have kids..? Mine were too young to know what was happening in '82, but they sure as hell knew what was going on by '91 and yes, my wife had to settle them down when they cried at night for daddy because of what they'd seen on the TV news or what the other kids at school were talking about.

It's hard. God knows, it's hard and I truly sympathise with you, Army Wifey. But in the purely hard-nosed scheme of things you have two choices.

1. You talk to him when he comes home and tell him it's too much and you want him to leave the army.

2, You support him in his career, grow a thick skin and stop complaining.

Neither is an easy choice and you might be asking him to do something he doesn't want to. I knew of a lot of wives who took option 1 only to find out that their husband thought more of the service than he did of her. For some wives, putting that proposition can achieve an un-desired for outcome. It happens.

Difficult isn't it?

Being married to a serviceman is tough, there is no getting away from that. I could sit here and pour platitudes all over you but perhaps somebody needs to put into words the hard options, and tell it like it is warts and all. I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from, because my wife has been where you are and we did the hard time and the difficult conversations. We were lucky. She bit the bullet and supported me. I came out of it at the other end in once piece and with my marriage intact. Some of my mates didn't.

I truly hope your bloke comes home to you safe and sound. I hope his homecoming is a joyous occasion for you. But now you're finding out that marriage to the armed forces can put you through emotions and worries you didn't know existed, you might like to think deeply about what the future holds and where you want to take your lives together, or your life on your own if it be so.

Good luck and best wishes. I really mean that.

SeniorLiving On August 25, 2009

Pleasant Hill, California
#13New Post! Aug 17, 2009 @ 11:26:32
Sudoko, sketching, etc and many other activities involve you completely. Good move to have shifted in with your sister.
You could learn a whole lot of new dishes and cook him many surprises when he returns.
I don't know if you sing but song elevates the mind.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs