Forums:
Relationships

Out of League

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lessy On February 08, 2010

, Egypt
#1New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 21:43:52
Every now and then you behold truly angelic beings of the opposite gender. Sometimes they appear to possess all the attributes of someone you'd want to spend the rest of your days with. Sometimes, the mere presence of this being gives you lumps in the throat, butterflies in the belly,wobbles in the knees and goose steps in your hearts beat.... You get so dizzy you do things without thinking..... You start chatting them up, showing them all the charm you can muster, all the lines you can find and you end up giving them all the attention they don't need.....

They try to let you down easily being the angle that they are..... but you"re on pursuit.....

Why don't some pursuers stop and think that maybe, he/she is out of his/her league?
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 21:52:34
Don't understand the question. I don't think anyone is out of anyone's league. After all we're all just flesh and bones like the next person.

After that it's what one THINKS of themselves that puts them in that invisible upper or lower class league.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 23:29:39
I really hate the whole "out of my league" thing. I understand feeling nervous to approach someone, but I try to put myself in the other person's shoes.

If I were the person seen as out of someone's league, I'd be very disappointed this person didn't even try to talk to me. I might be missing out on getting to know a very cool person, for whatever type of relationship. Just because that person considers me better than they are, I may not feel that way. I may actually be very much interested in getting to know them.

So why not take a shot? If the person rejects you because they think they're better than you then they're probably not worth your time anyhow. Someone worth getting to know will give you a chance at the very least.
TheSweeney On October 12, 2009

Deleted

sweeney land, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 23:31:02
it's the person not their looks or what they have

, Egypt
#5New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 23:35:51
@annski729 Said

I really hate the whole "out of my league" thing. I understand feeling nervous to approach someone, but I try to put myself in the other person's shoes.

If I were the person seen as out of someone's league, I'd be very disappointed this person didn't even try to talk to me. I might be missing out on getting to know a very cool person, for whatever type of relationship. Just because that person considers me better than they are, I may not feel that way. I may actually be very much interested in getting to know them.

So why not take a shot? If the person rejects you because they think they're better than you then they're probably not worth your time anyhow. Someone worth getting to know will give you a chance at the very least.

sounds informative to me....will note on that

, Egypt
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 23:36:36
@TheSweeney Said

it's the person not their looks or what they have

TheSweeney On October 12, 2009

Deleted

sweeney land, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 23:46:04
@lessy Said

& what the hells that meant to mean.....you don't understand i guess lol
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#8New Post! Sep 24, 2009 @ 00:30:39
Going by the number of perfectly happy apparent mis-matches I've seen in my life, and the number of destructive "perfect matches", I'd say, forget this "league" rubbish, and just go for it!
Once in my youth I held back for that reason, and twenty years later found out the lady concerned had had a crush on me at the time and was too shy to let me know, lol, two love-struck teens missing out because both thought the other was "out of their league"! Too late by then, both married with kids, but oh, what might have been!
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 29, 2009 @ 21:26:24
Becuase of the way they make u feel, that's why we chse people like that. And its because they seem so superior that we are attracted to them, it is in our nature. And the more they put us down the more we want them. Its just the way we are. If something was simple to get u wouldn't want it neither would u feel any sense of achievement.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs