The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Dreams

Out of Body Experiences (right before falling asleep)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
RrrendezVoodoo2 On July 10, 2015

#1New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 07:40:13
For several weeks now, I have been practicing lucid dreaming; or for those of you who don't know what lucid dreaming is, it is the practice of becoming consious in your sleep, to manipulate and alter your dreams to however you can imagine them to be.
Anyway, having (mastered is too generous of a word) sucessfully becoming lucid, or aware, in my sleep, I've begun to have very frequent out of body experiences.
My first time, I was nearly asleep. I beleive I was in the phase where you're beginning to black out, although I can't remember exactly what stage of my sleep I was in. I began to feel my ears vibrating, and heard almost a humming sound. I began to feel weightless and couldn't move any muscles in my body physically, and I discovered this as I attempted to sit up. As I arose, I felt what I can only describe as static electricity luminating my body. I looked down to find my body laying in my bed, fast asleep. Stunned by this, I immediately, "snapped," per se, right back into my body. these events were followed by an unknown time frame of sleep paralysis, but to me, it felts like nearly 2 or 3 minutes. I was convinced it was just a dream, and nothing more, until it happened to me again.
The next night, I began to hear the buzzing, and I suppose that immediately had me thinking that I was drifting off to sleep. As I went to reach my pillow to readjust it, my hand went right through the pillow, althought it didn't look like my hand. It looked thin, unstructured, but most of all, very luminous. I was suddenly then hovering against my wall, and slowly descended downstairs though the floor; in which I vividly remember seeing the innards of the flooring; into my dining room, spectating my dog sleeping. I then snapped back into my body, but this time, there was no sleep paralysis. I was wide awake, and felt like I was not even asleep. My eyes weren't lazy, or red, I appeared to be fully awake, and felt that way. This happened to me a third time nearly a week later, when I discovered that I can float through walls, or any object of that matter. I looked in the mirror and saw nothing at all. In all seriousness, I had felt like a ghost, or a spirit or entity of some sort. And for some unexplainable reason, after my out of body experiences, I no longer have any fear of death; I just simply cannot explain. If I was forced to give a reason for that statement, then my closest guess would be that seeing my body sleeping almost looked like myself in a casket to me. I guess I had discovered a sort of acceptence towards passing, after witnessing my body. These experiences still occur to me very frequently, maybe once or twice a week. If I can find the article I read about it, I will post the link, but I read that this occurs to 80% of Americans, and only about 15% of them remember these experiences.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody here has experienced something like this before, and if so, how was it for you? Did you enjoy it?
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 07:53:16
when i was 16 a student teacher taught me how to relax through breathing techniques in order to lessen the pressure of exams...this led to me practicing before going to sleep and the buzzing and vibrating occurred .then came the floating and finally i felt like i was rotating above my body....i practiced doing this frequently because i got a natural high from it ..i would also get an amazingly restful sleep ,i would wake up in exactly the same position i was in the previous night .i would love to get back into that mental state but i fear that 30 years of the physical world have robbed me of the ability
RrrendezVoodoo2 On July 10, 2015

#3New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 07:59:46
@offbeat Said

when i was 16 a student teacher taught me how to relax through breathing techniques in order to lessen the pressure of exams...this led to me practicing before going to sleep and the buzzing and vibrating occurred .then came the floating and finally i felt like i was rotating above my body....i practiced doing this frequently because i got a natural high from it ..i would also get an amazingly restful sleep ,i would wake up in exactly the same position i was in the previous night .i would love to get back into that mental state but i fear that 30 years of the physical world have robbed me of the ability

Nonsense! It's never too late; look, you're already aware of the possibility, now all that follows is to absolute will to get back into that mental state. I beleive in you, sir. And thank you for your response, aswell! You jus reassured me that I'm not insane!

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 08:12:33
@RrrendezVoodoo2 Said

Nonsense! It's never too late; look, you're already aware of the possibility, now all that follows is to absolute will to get back into that mental state. I beleive in you, sir. And thank you for your response, aswell! You jus reassured me that I'm not insane!

you know what...i think i will give it a shot...it's cheaper than booze or drugs ..and no, you're not insane and could you please put some more of your drawings on your home page
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#5New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 14:06:48
Extremely interesting read. However, each time, when you say after the fact, that you "snapped back into your body", you didn't mention if you were in bed still at that time?
If so, I'd tend to think you were dreaming; and perhaps your subconscious has elevated to such a level, that it is challenging you to realize this in your "lucid" state.

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:20:35
@sTreetAngeL Said

Extremely interesting read. However, each time, when you say after the fact, that you "snapped back into your body", you didn't mention if you were in bed still at that time?
If so, I'd tend to think you were dreaming; and perhaps your subconscious has elevated to such a level, that it is challenging you to realize this in your "lucid" state.

i know what he means ..and it's really not dreaming ...it's definitely something else .
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#7New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:34:27
The best thing to read about this is the full research, lol. Especially NDE's, rather than OBE's.
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:36:06
Wow you must of been beside yourself LOL!!!

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:40:00
@Bimbo Said

The best thing to read about this is the full research, lol. Especially NDE's, rather than OBE's.

ok bimbo i've fallen for it ...what is an nde ?
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:46:23
Hmmm I tend to lucid dream now and again, about once a week, not through practice mind, it's just something I've always done naturally. It's nice to be able to prolong a nice dream or try stop a bad one. I didn't even know what it was or that it was anything special until I was describing it to someone about 6 months ago and they got all excited about it and told me about it. I can't say I've ever had one of these out of body experiences though, maybe that's something that happens when you are practising at it?? I did have something VERY weird happen last night though, which I'll go off topic for though as it's not really the same as this but I'm interested in opinions on it! Glad your experience put you at ease though, I do believe you as I've experienced in a different way that unexplainable things happen to prepare you for the thought of death.

london, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:49:04
@boobear Said

Hmmm I tend to lucid dream now and again, about once a week, not through practice mind, it's just something I've always done naturally. It's nice to be able to prolong a nice dream or try stop a bad one. I didn't even know what it was or that it was anything special until I was describing it to someone about 6 months ago and they got all excited about it and told me about it. I can't say I've ever had one of these out of body experiences though, maybe that's something that happens when you are practising at it?? I did have something VERY weird happen last night though, which I'll go off topic for though as it's not really the same as this but I'm interested in opinions on it! Glad your experience put you at ease though, I do believe you as I've experienced in a different way that unexplainable things happen to prepare you for the thought of death.

hurry up with the weird thing ,i'm intrigued .
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:50:00
I really want to read this post as the whole lucid dreaming thing fascinates me, but the wall of text makes my eyes go funny
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#13New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:50:01
@offbeat Said

ok bimbo i've fallen for it ...what is an nde ?

A Near Death Experience. It's basically the same thing but happens under crisis 'near death' situations such as (commonly) heart failure and often under hospital conditions. There's actually quite a lot documented about it, from medical and research sources not just anecdotal, and it's far from rare. Some cases are quite convincingly suggestive of a broader view of consciousness.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#14New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:52:24
I sometimes have an out of clothes experience right after falling asleep.

london, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 20:54:53
@Bimbo Said

A Near Death Experience. It's basically the same thing but happens under crisis 'near death' situations such as heart failure. There's actually quite a lot documented about it, from medical and research sources not just anecdotal, and it's far from rare. Some cases are quite convincingly suggestive.

oh yeah i did read something about that once ...but the thing that rendezvous experienced is different in that you don't get the sense that you're at the gates of heaven and being guided back to your body by a dead relative ( usually mum , if memory serves )....the thing that i practiced at 16 was a wonderful uplifting experience . and i'm going to try and rediscover it
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs