Homosexuality

One more reason for conservatives to hate Obama

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#1New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:13:42
Man, I wish crankshaft was here for this...

LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH, 2009

And for those of you who don't like to follow links..

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary

LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH, 2009
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

Forty years ago, patrons and supporters of the Stonewall Inn in New York City resisted police harassment that had become all too common for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. Out of this resistance, the LGBT rights movement in America was born. During LGBT Pride Month, we commemorate the events of June 1969 and commit to achieving equal justice under law for LGBT Americans.

LGBT Americans have made, and continue to make, great and lasting contributions that continue to strengthen the fabric of American society. There are many well-respected LGBT leaders in all professional fields, including the arts and business communities. LGBT Americans also mobilized the Nation to respond to the domestic HIV/AIDS epidemic and have played a vital role in broadening this country's response to the HIV pandemic.

Due in no small part to the determination and dedication of the LGBT rights movement, more LGBT Americans are living their lives openly today than ever before. I am proud to be the first President to appoint openly LGBT candidates to Senate-confirmed positions in the first 100 days of an Administration. These individuals embody the best qualities we seek in public servants, and across my Administration -- in both the White House and the Federal agencies -- openly LGBT employees are doing their jobs with distinction and professionalism.

The LGBT rights movement has achieved great progress, but there is more work to be done. LGBT youth should feel safe to learn without the fear of harassment, and LGBT families and seniors should be allowed to live their lives with dignity and respect.

My Administration has partnered with the LGBT community to advance a wide range of initiatives. At the international level, I have joined efforts at the United Nations to decriminalize homosexuality around the world. Here at home, I continue to support measures to bring the full spectrum of equal rights to LGBT Americans. These measures include enhancing hate crimes laws, supporting civil unions and Federal rights for LGBT couples, outlawing discrimination in the workplace, ensuring adoption rights, and ending the existing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in a way that strengthens our Armed Forces and our national security. We must also commit ourselves to fighting the HIV/AIDS epidemic by both reducing the number of HIV infections and providing care and support services to people living with HIV/AIDS across the United States.

These issues affect not only the LGBT community, but also our entire Nation. As long as the promise of equality for all remains unfulfilled, all Americans are affected. If we can work together to advance the principles upon which our Nation was founded, every American will benefit. During LGBT Pride Month, I call upon the LGBT community, the Congress, and the American people to work together to promote equal rights for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to turn back discrimination and prejudice everywhere it exists.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this first day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

BARACK OBAMA
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:17:07
Awesome! I'm not gay but I have friends who are gay or bi and I wish we had that month over here! This is why I love the president. He's so awesome.
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#3New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:19:36
I'm sure this will provoke much hatred in conservative ranks,just as soon as limbaugh tells them they should hate him for this as well!
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#4New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:31:52
Brilliant!!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:32:49
YAY!
Gay pride parades are frikken awesome!

Any plans for the month boxer?
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:36:44
Hooray, pride month!

Deleted

#7New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:40:24
@alexkidd Said

YAY!
Gay pride parades are frikken awesome!

Any plans for the month boxer?

Here in DC we have regular gay pride, and black gay pride. I usually skip the parade part, and go right to the drinking and ogling hot men part. Aside from that, I'll probably go to the Nationals game that weekend.. It's always fun to watch a baseball game with 40,000 other gay men and lesbians.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:42:45
@boxerdc Said

drinking and ogling hot men

That sounds like my kinda party!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#9New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:53:34
@boxerdc Said

It's always fun to watch a baseball game with 40,000 other gay men and lesbians.

That sounds awesome man.
Have a good time
and cograts on the governmental recognition.

Deleted

#10New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:54:09
@x_Laura_x Said

That sounds like my kinda party!

Maybe I'll hang out with these boys..

navyboy1045 On August 04, 2009

Whitehall, Ohio
#11New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:54:35
lesibans are hot
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 14:56:24
@navyboy1045 Said

lesibans are hot

But they'd never sleep with you

Deleted

#13New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 15:01:54
@navyboy1045 Said

lesibans are hot

@angelcake Said

But they'd never sleep with you

Especially since he doesn't even know how to spell "lesbian".
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#14New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 15:05:38
@boxerdc Said

Especially since he doesn't even know how to spell "lesbian".

It's great that Obama did that
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#15New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 15:35:29
Although a man may become a Lesbian by living on the Greek island Lesbos!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs