Health & Fitness

On waking, most days, how do you feel?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#1New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 11:32:50
I've noticed in the last, lets say three years, that on waking in the morning I feel like absolute s***. I either wake with a headache which lasts all day, that not even pain killers can get rid of, or i just wake up feeling like i never had any sleep to begin with. I'm in my later 30's, so I'm wondering if any of you feel the same or did when you entered a certain period in your life?

I've read i can be related to sleep apnea or snoring or being overweight. I don't snore but i could do to take off about 20 to 25 pounds which i am working on now that my foot and ankle bones have healed from their breaks. As for the sleep apnea, i have no idea and haven't bothered to see a doctor about it yet.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#2New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 11:43:13
Lately? I feel tired and achy when I get up in the morning. These days it's really hard to get comfortable and stay asleep, so when my nights are full of interrupted sleep, I feel kinda crappy in the morning. Rarely do I sleep through the whole night.
(guess my body is preparing me for when the baby gets here lol)
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#3New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 11:43:31
The other day I was thinking about how great I used to feel in the mornings as a child. Slept 8-9 hours a night and woke up hungry and feeling no aches or pains.
When I got old enough to take on more and more chores, things started changing. When 1960 rolled around I was married and had to get up and work my butt off 6 days a week. Thats when things got painfull.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 11:45:11
Sleep apnoea is usually caused by too much weight, alcohol and cigarettes, history of broken nose or simply deformed turbinates.

It can be rather dangerous but is undiagnosed amongst most sufferers.

I would suggest first losing weight and making sure you have drunk enough water. Dont smoke and avoid alcohol. Those alone should make you feel better.

Otherwise see a Doctor.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 12:20:57
I feel great!
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#6New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 15:18:37
@Elza Said

I've noticed in the last, lets say three years, that on waking in the morning I feel like absolute s***. I either wake with a headache which lasts all day, that not even pain killers can get rid of, or i just wake up feeling like i never had any sleep to begin with. I'm in my later 30's, so I'm wondering if any of you feel the same or did when you entered a certain period in your life?

I've read i can be related to sleep apnea or snoring or being overweight. I don't snore but i could do to take off about 20 to 25 pounds which i am working on now that my foot and ankle bones have healed from their breaks. As for the sleep apnea, i have no idea and haven't bothered to see a doctor about it yet.

I've had that problem and started taking melatonin. It really helped me. When I first started taking it I had some really awesome dreams! I don't take it everyday, only the nights that I have to work.
Melatonin and sleep
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#7New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 15:21:43
Lately I feel as though I've gotten little to no sleep, especially when I have to wake up at a decent time. If I don't get about ten hours a night I feel so groggy and horrible Showers do help a lot though.
Silly_Me On April 22, 2020

In a cave, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 15:30:18
Depending on the degree of lack of sleep, I feel tired at best and sick at worse
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:42:44
Depends. I usually sleep about 10 hours and I feel good when I wake up. But if I don't get at least 9 then I feel exhausted.

My default setting is exhausted though, so I'm not sure what that says.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:45:08
If I sleep less than 6 hours than I'm really tired and eventually go back to sleep. If it is 6 or more hours I am more refreshed and happy.
snarkykins On June 13, 2013

Noneofyourbusiness, United Sta
#11New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:48:36
After that first cup of coffee? Pretty darned good!
ClickBoom On November 12, 2012

, Canada
#12New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:29:27
Elza all sorts of things can cause you to feel the way you do when you wake up and sometimes it's the thing you least expect. Two things that assist with your wellness is a great pair of shoes to help you through the day. Never cheap out on 'em. I know your wondering why I mentioned that so I'll tell you... no particular reason but it's true yanno.

The second thing and it does apply in your case is your bed. Never ever cheap out on your bed. A great bed is something me and Mrs.ClickBoom have always made sure we had. Now we each have our very own beds ( she visits every so often ) and that has also helped with a great nights sleep.

As for the medical issues such as sleep apnea if you suspect you have it you need it confirmed and dealt with. It can cause all sorts of medical problems and can even kill you. This link might be of interest to you. It has been brought to my attention that they work and are a hell of a lot better than the machines people wear to bed at night. https://drhalstrom.com/for-patients/the-silencer-for-patients/?gclid=CLXKr7zzkbACFcYBRQodWBCpoA
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:46:01
Oh I read the title wrong
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#14New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:55:53
To the OP. You may be just lacking needed vitamins, or not drinking enough water. If you sleep for long periods, but still don't feel rested, it could be sleep apnea. Best bet is to see a doctor.

@Kristy69 Said

Lately? I feel tired and achy when I get up in the morning. These days it's really hard to get comfortable and stay asleep, so when my nights are full of interrupted sleep, I feel kinda crappy in the morning. Rarely do I sleep through the whole night.
(guess my body is preparing me for when the baby gets here lol)

You're just going to 'love' the 8th and 9th month.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#15New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 22:02:57
@Dark_Tink Said

You're just going to 'love' the 8th and 9th month.

Yup!
And it'll be the dead of Maryland's hot and 100% humidity summer, also! Lucky me!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs