The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Ok, this "Bailout" Deal. Let's figure this out.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#16New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 15:20:20
@4000earthquakes Said
The key is -- we have to outsmart them

how, when we don't have all of the information?? THEY own all the media and control it so how would we be able to outhink them with let's say one tenth of the facts??
the7thdimension On October 22, 2009

los angeles, California
#17New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 15:28:49
lets not worry about it, it will all be ok.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 16:18:53
I think, if the government is going to bail out these companies, there are only two ethical options. First, the government buys the companies wholesale, at current market value, which is bugger all, and then the government takes on the loans of the people, and reduces the interest rate they pay, as the government has no need of making profit. Second, the government could pay out a percentage of the defaulted loans - 50% or so. This would mean less outlay from the government, and the people's 'real' interest rate would drop, as they would be so far ahead on their mortgage.

Throwing more money at corporations is bs. They get enough (too much, actually) through tax breaks and research and development grants etc. Also, capitalism has demonstrated its inability to operate effectively. Governments need to legislate to halt rogue activity by major corporations.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#20New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 16:40:54
@the7thdimension Said

hello. i remember you from all those conspiracy threads... i haven't seen you online in a while. welcome back
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#21New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 02:56:15
How many people live in the United States?

What if you divide 700 Billion by that amount of people -- what would that come out to, each? (remember there are only 6 billion people on the planet... )

I tried to do the math last night, but my brain fried, instead.

So what would that divide up to be -- each? (If it's significant enough -- hey just give that money individually to each person... problem solved.)

Need a math person here: my brain seriously hurts right now.
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#22New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:11:40
2300 dollars for every man, woman, and child.

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#23New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:20:10
You know, it's nice to see like-minded people around here. I made a thread a while back called "What keeps you voting?" and I didn't really relate to the responses. Most people know things are s***ty, but still are hopeful about the future. I don't understand what gives them hope. Look at Georgie's address to the nation this evening. The "bailout" is in danger by Congress of being less than free money for the rich. Congress wants a special commission to oversee the distribution of the funds. So what's Georgie do? He points a finger to blame Congress and says it's gotta go through now. Warmongering's okay, never necessary to ever address the public there. But free money for the rich get's delayed and "Boy, we better get on TV and dupe the public, huh?" And people still vote. And there are people that still support that son of a b****.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#24New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:41:19
Well, 2300 isn't enough... so nix that.

I agree with you BackSeat. People in this forum are so open-minded. funny. there are a lot of insightful posts, maybe things you've thought of in the past, and then someone brings it up, and it brings it right to the front.

Lots of smart, good people in this forum site.

I tried to watch bushy, but I've hated that man for eight years... and I can't stand to sit there and listen to him read those plastic, bulls***, lying, sentences -- I had to turn it off.

It's worse than having a husband or wife sit there and lie to your face when you know the truth. You just want to spit.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#25New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:51:28
Look at Bob the Fisherman... coming up with original ideas.

These quacks in congress haven't got an original idea to save their souls, and yet little people like us, are trying to figure it out, and coming up with options...

THIS is how things should be run. With real people working together to solve problems -- who don't have huge financial interests and bribes involved -- to sway their judgment.

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#26New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:57:56
You're talking about direct democracy. They'd turn the guns on us if we tried that. Let's go for it.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#27New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 04:02:19
hahahahha... I'm game. I'll bet we got more guns than them, hell they used up all their ammo in Iraq, dumbasses. haha.

I never heard that term before, "direct democracy", but i like it.

Oh, crap, i'm gonna go to jail for trying to incite a riot. I was only kidding, honest!

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#28New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 04:11:09
I've been waiting for somebody say "new government" for a long time. Bottom line, nobody is gonna represent me. I'm my own man, and I make my own way. I'm not an advocate of anarchy. That wouldn't work for anyone but me. But what I mean is that the game DC plays is just not fun anymore, even for its players. So what now? Representative democracy has failed, the straw on the camel's back being some Islamic extremist pilots and the b*** who reacted to it. You know, that's funny for this reason. He's been quoted as saying "God wants me to be president." As a Christian I can't judge that. But I could say to him "Yeah, but I bet He didn't tell you why."

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#29New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 04:14:53
@4000earthquakes Said

Oh, crap, i'm gonna go to jail for trying to incite a riot. I was only kidding, honest!

I have no doubt "they" monitor this s***. But for the opinions I have, if they thought I was a threat I would have been locked away a long time ago. But the thing is I'm not an activist. I'm just an observer and a fatalist. I don't believe humanity has the capacity to redeem itself.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#30New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 04:31:10
Ok Backseat, we're gonna get off-topic for a minute here.

You said: "He's been quoted as saying "God wants me to be president." As a Christian I can't judge that. But I could say to him "Yeah, but I bet He didn't tell you why."

The first rule of God is "Thou shall have no other gods before me".

You want to know why that rule was made?

Because when we elect other men to be the "gods" (or government) over us -- this is what happens.

We should all be "president". No other "gods".

Does that make sense to you? Those Ten Commandments are gold. If only people would understand them.

This is a deep, deep, subject. But you have the exact, right idea.

This is why "powers" have worked vehemently to supress those ten rules. Because the very first one, forbids letting other men (no better than us) having any power or rule over us, as "gods".

I hope you understand this.

(and now we return you to your regularly scheduled programming...)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs