The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Oil: Is it a fossil fuel that will run out or a renewable resource produced in lo

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mark60792 On March 12, 2007

Midland, Texas
#1New Post! Jan 07, 2006 @ 09:45:53
There are two current foundational beliefs as to the nature of oil.

1. It is a finite fossil fuel that is running out.
2. It is a renewable resource produced deep within the planet.

Listen to a debate concerning oil.

Hosted by
George Noory
Guest(s)
Jerome Corsi, Michael Ruppert

Thursday, January 12
Jerome Corsi and Michael Ruppert will debate whether oil is a renewable source produced deep inside the Earth, or a finite resource which will become more scarce within our lifetime.

Check website for stations in your area, listen on website or XM 165 12:00am central.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Midland, Texas
#2New Post! Jan 13, 2006 @ 02:14:07
Don't forget to listen to the Oil Debate tonight!

Check previous post for details!!
steraw04 On December 12, 2007

Toronto, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 13, 2006 @ 13:48:34
yes it is a renewable source but at the current rate we are using up oil it will become redudant. any process of reforming oil can only occur in certain circumstance... shallow seas, compressed over many years (millions of years.)
so was the radio show any good?

Midland, Texas
#4New Post! Jan 13, 2006 @ 14:58:43
Excellent! If you missed it you can download it from https://www.coasttocoastam.com. (for a small cost, I believe)
At the end they had an unscientific poll showing Jerome R. Corsi the winner. (He wrote the book Black Gold StrangleHold: The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil. (www.wndbooks.com)
Both sides brought up good points, but Corsi brought better reasoning and scientific data while Ruppert, although having data was more emotional and lacked the logical reasoning.
It was very involved, but the bottom line was that although you may not believe all the statistics that are thrown out by oil companies and countries the science is there to believe that oil is continually produced naturally and not by fossils or dead dinosaurs (Ruppert eventually admitted to the dinosaur part--said nobody ever claimed oil came from dead dinosaurs (could've fooled me}
Again---you have got to listen to it and/or get the book.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#5New Post! Jan 13, 2006 @ 15:08:17
@mark60792 Said
Excellent! If you missed it you can download it from https://www.coasttocoastam.com. (for a small cost, I believe)
At the end they had an unscientific poll showing Jerome R. Corsi the winner. (He wrote the book Black Gold StrangleHold: The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil. (www.wndbooks.com)
Both sides brought up good points, but Corsi brought better reasoning and scientific data while Ruppert, although having data was more emotional and lacked the logical reasoning.
It was very involved, but the bottom line was that although you may not believe all the statistics that are thrown out by oil companies and countries the science is there to believe that oil is continually produced naturally and not by fossils or dead dinosaurs (Ruppert eventually admitted to the dinosaur part--said nobody ever claimed oil came from dead dinosaurs (could've fooled me}
Again---you have got to listen to it and/or get the book.

Some people think god put the oil there.. Its an amazing argument.. But regards to the radio show.. what was the conclusion..
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jan 14, 2006 @ 16:31:54
I thought I had heard everything. Oil a renewable. If people begin to believe that trash there is no hope.

Midland, Texas
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 07:04:11
Some people think god put the oil there.. Its an amazing argument.. But regards to the radio show.. what was the conclusion..

The conclusion was that Jerome R Corsi (Oil is abiotic and renewable) won the debate.
In a summary he put forth that it has been a myth that we are running out of oil. There is no scientific basis for that "religious" belief. Reserves are at an all time high, the "peak" oil theory is arbitrary and that predictions that we are running out of all have been around as long as the early 1900's. Everytime more oil is discovered the "peak" oil theorists keep on moving the date forward. ( I personally remember Jimmy Carter telling us we would run out of oil in the 70's)
It was brought up about the bet between Julian Simon and Paul Ehrlich. https://www.answers.com/topic/wager-between-julian-simon-and-paul-ehrlich
Paul Ehrlich said the price of certain resources would skyrocket and there would be mass starvation by 1975. He lost the bet.

"Yet, it is significant that "All of the former's [Ehrlich's] grim predictions had been decisively overturned by events. Ehrlich was wrong about higher natural resource prices, about "famines of unbelievable proportions" occurring by 1975, about "hundreds of millions of people starving to death" in the 1970s and '80s, about the world "entering a genuine age of scarcity."
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#8New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 07:31:06
I don't know about it being renewable but as for running out of it anytime soon I doubt it.

I still think we should start making a serious effort to switch to a hydrogen economy over the next few decades and to hell with oil and the middle east.
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2006 @ 17:40:31
It is very hard to take this seriously.

In a way, oil IS a renewable resource.. it's called a conditionally renewable resource.. as is wood and animals.. but, in the case of oil, you need to take a good long and hard look at the actual conditions involved.. it takes quite a lot of time to actually convert dead matter to oil, as the earth does it, and currently there is no question at all that we are indeed taking it out much much quicker than the earth is making it.
As for the reserves being at an all time high? If you are talking about what is still buried, that simply has no support in any research I have ever encountered anywhere. Granted, I do not know all the research in the world, but I DO know that very serious and very exact sources say quite the opposite(try WHO and the trade organisation for instance).

Midland, Texas
#10New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 21:43:42
Quote:
Granted, I do not know all the research in the world, but I DO know that very serious and very exact sources say quite the opposite(try WHO and the trade organisation for instance).

Concerning resources on oil supplies, among many:
Gas Resources

The Deep Hot Biosphere: The Myth of Fossil Fuels (New York:Corpernicus Books, 1998 )

Black Gold Stranglehold:The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil Jerome R. Cosi WND Books 2005
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs