Forums:
Business & Money

Occupy Wall Street...helping or not?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Yardman On November 29, 2011

Norristown, New Jersey
#1New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 05:53:34
Do you think Occupy Wall Street is helping or not? I love the intentions, but at the end of the day will those OVER PAID executives still receive those HUGE bonuses and nothing will change?
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 06:48:07
"The road 2 Hell is paved with good Intentions" Often quoted. Occupations and strikes attract extreemists and this subverts pupular unrest. We need more responsive democratic government and an informed electorate. Instead we continually elect vested interest groups funded by powerful lobby groups. Elites perpetuate themselves and the population gets an increasingly worse deal. All in the name of democracy. Especially in 'English' speaking nations.
N7Vindicator On December 01, 2011

In a box, under a bridge., Cal
#3New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 07:36:26
I say they're all anti-American and can get peppersprayed for all I care. Meanwhile the personally responsible American is hustling his/her a** off either looking for a job, any job, or working his/her a** off at his/her job. The problem is the amount of Legislation that has gone amuck that has taken the power away from the working middle-class citizen and the Private Sector that this country was supposed to be all about. Sure, there's some dirty executives in charge of greedy corporations, not all of course, but really, who's greedier, the executive, or the politician who's appealed to his money, thirsting for more political power? It seems Americans are starting to become less and less responsible and independent, and more about being "entitled" to their free handouts, like parasites on wellfare (to be fair, some need it, but some are capable of getting off of their lazy asses too). "Gimme, gimme, gimme..." and "punish the rich for being rich." We need to regain what we've lost of our backbone as a nation. Just my opinion..

And before you judge who is overpaid, look at professional sports and the amount of money that's poured into their pockets just so they can juggle a ball around. Who's providing better for our economy, Kobe, or Mr. Trump, or dare I say President Barack Obama brought to you by your hardworking (assuming you work, respectively) taxpayer dollars?
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#4New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 08:37:22
I don't think they are going about it the right way...but what did you expect when the government bailed out all of these companies? You give a dozen cookies to one child in front of 10 other children, they are going to want cookies too... They have every right to protest, and if you don't agree with them look at it this way, the longer they are out there, the less competition trying to find a job.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs