Obese children removed from parental care

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 10:39:55
Im talking morbidly obese to the point where the child is deemed abused.

In the UK there have been some increasing cases where a child is taken into care because the parents have not acted responsibly when warned about the child's weight being detrimental and high risk to the childs morbidity. Despite trying to educate the parent/s and giving fair warning it has been proven that the parents continue to over indulge the child.

I feel this is right, as right as it would be to take a child away who has been given cigarettes or alcohol or drugs by the parents and the parents have ignored all warnings.

What i am wondering is if this is occuring in other parts of the world. Not child obesity but whether the local government is actually intervening in severe cases?
Halolahal On September 30, 2009

The Island, Australia
#2New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:00:02
DHS acts when it wants to. Most of the time they don't give a s***. My local government doesn't care.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#3New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:05:42
I think Social Services should step in if a child is overweight. Unless there is a medical issue that makes them gain and keep on an excessive amount of weight, there's NO reason why a child should be overweight. And it is the fault of the parents entirely.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:07:22
I agree they should As long as they are given instructions in proper nutrition first and all that.
But if the kids eat like that, the parents do too and it's hard to kick.
I think the parents need support on doing it. Not just say do this and left alone.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#5New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:27:05
I think that if the child is over weight there is a "abuse" situation within that family anyway, let alone getting obese.

But can we categorize a parent that really dont look after there own health let alone other peoples/kids? so what I am trying to say is, can we class parents that smoke and drinks a form of abuse to there children (not talking about a Baby P situation just smoking over kids..).
Because to me, the kids that parents smoked when i was in school had inherent problems, they all seemed to smoke them selves too.. samegoes to people that over feed there kids, when there older they will carry on the trend as they know no different.

But the statistics are something like 1 in 10 for the UK and scotland was slightly higher.. I remember there was always a fat kid in school.. but it was more like 1 in 30 in my day. What has changed wqhy has it increased?? what are parents feeding there kids?? and is it a rich and poor thing?? I know plenty of rich fat people like directors of companies.. so the issue isn't class as much as "it will never happen to me" attitude.

Also.. There is a problem, taking children away in my minds eye. It may not be the solution.. however education and helping the parents may be the best solution first.. We have to also look at other things to factor in here, depression, cost of living aswell... but that all considered and these parents still carry on.. then yes taking a away a child needs to be done..
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:33:29
@markfox01 Said

Also.. There is a problem, taking children away in my minds eye. It may not be the solution.. however education and helping the parents may be the best solution first.. We have to also look at other things to factor in here, depression, cost of living aswell... but that all considered and these parents still carry on.. then yes taking a away a child needs to be done..

I agree with this. Educate and offer classes. Yes it will be at taxpayers expense, but so is healthcare when you get down to it. And that's part of healthcare.
rachelleroy On January 26, 2010

melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:47:45
definatly here in australia. and i totally agree that it is completely child abuse, and if there parents are too lazy to cook them dinner or make them eat healthily then they are not deserving of having kids at all.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:49:02
@rachelleroy Said

definatly here in australia. and i totally agree that it is completely child abuse, and if there parents are too lazy to cook them dinner or make them eat healthily then they are not deserving of having kids at all.

It's not always laziness, but lack of education.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:52:49
there was a girl who fed her kids on mcdonalds because she said she didnt have time to feed them. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2399352.ece
innit!

#10New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:53:25
@rachelleroy Said

A lot of people let alone parents cant cook amount other things like wash them selves and clean there house.. and yet they still decide to Breed. We need to go back to basics and show people what they need to do.. believe it or not its not laziness at all.. its almost stupidity.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#11New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:54:16
@treebee Said

there was a girl who fed her kids on mcdonalds because she said she didnt have time to feed them. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2399352.ece

If that's true, that is laziness. Surely she's heard of crock pots/slow cookers?
innit!

#12New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:03:42
@treebee Said

She said: "I'm trying to bring up my children the best way I can and the best way I know. My children are happy."

that exact line to me screams stupidity and lack of education.. let alone her f***ing weight.

There is a group of people on the poverty bread line saying healthy food is too expensive and choose the microwave/fast food route.. WHAT? expensive.. I do a weekly shop for me when I was single for ?30 all fresh food etc.. and make everything you can think off for 7 days with that price. A McDonalds meal is what on average? ?4 a meal?? times that by 4 of them in that story is ?16? plus the average mircro meal is about ?1.99?? so if you go shopping and buy 4 them per day.. thats ?8 a day for meals.. then add the breakfast food.. and the wotsits she must be buying. the story says she spends She spends the ?227 on food and ten cigarettes a day!

child abuse.. is one thing.. that is bordering man slaughter..
innit!

#13New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:05:09
@plebian_angel Said

If that's true, that is laziness. Surely she's heard of crock pots/slow cookers?

She is unemployed from what I can see.. she has more time then anyone to make heatlhy food.. and get her arse fit.. Since being unemployed I have dropped another stone and started running more... Motivation is also a key here.. what is her aspiration is life? if its being a mother.. FAIL.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#14New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:05:49
@markfox01 Said

She said: "I'm trying to bring up my children the best way I can and the best way I know. My children are happy."

that exact line to me screams stupidity and lack of education.. let alone her f***ing weight.

There is a group of people on the poverty bread line saying healthy food is too expensive and choose the microwave/fast food route.. WHAT? expensive.. I do a weekly shop for me when I was single for ?30 all fresh food etc.. and make everything you can think off for 7 days with that price. A McDonalds meal is what on average? ?4 a meal?? times that by 4 of them in that story is ?16? plus the average mircro meal is about ?1.99?? so if you go shopping and buy 4 them per day.. thats ?8 a day for meals.. then add the breakfast food.. and the wotsits she must be buying. the story says she spends She spends the ?227 on food and ten cigarettes a day!

child abuse.. is one thing.. that is bordering man slaughter..

I agree. When I was at my mom's I bought alot of frozen food because simply there wasn't enough time to cook every night.
Not that I'm on my own, I'm trying to cook meals.
My grocery bill for food that would last about two weeks if I stretch it, was the same as a weekend bill was at my mom's.
It's gonna take me a bit to adjust to cooking now, but I can see right away where it does save money.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#15New Post! Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:08:02
@markfox01 Said

She is unemployed from what I can see.. she has more time then anyone to make heatlhy food.. and get her arse fit.. Since being unemployed I have dropped another stone and started running more... Motivation is also a key here.. what is her aspiration is life? if its being a mother.. FAIL.

Big time fail. Maybe she isn't happy being a mom and this is her way of dealing with it? I'm not saying she is..I'm just speculating here.
When I was unhappy I did a bunch of stuff that wasn't good for me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs