Politics

Obama?s Aunt Granted Asylum

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#1New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:36:15
After protracted litigation, President Obama?s aunt, Kenya native Zeituni Onyango, has been granted asylum. (Associated Press, May 17, 2010). Onyango, the half-sister of Obama?s father, had been in the United States on an overstayed visa since 2000.

The Onyango case illustrates a major problem with our immigration system: the use of multiple applications for asylum to thwart the enforcement of immigration laws. In addition to calling for the legal basis for granting asylum in the Onyango case to be made public, FAIR President Dan Stein noted: ?The legal system cannot permit people who have had their day in court, and lost, the opportunity to keep filing new claims before different judges until they finally prevail. The process needs to be fair and transparent, but endless delays designed to prevent compliance with a deportation order undermines our judicial process and invites abuse.? (Press Release; See also Boston Globe, May 18, 2010).

https://www.fairus.org/site/News2/1929724780?page=NewsArticle&id=23001&security=1601&news_iv_ctrl=1012#3

For the record, I could care less about Obama's aunt, it's the twenty million other illegals playing the corrupt inept system that are cause for action.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:39:20
People allowed asylum aren't illegals.

Houston,
#3New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:44:35
@SparklyKatie Said

She's been an illegal for years, do you have a comprehension problem?, or did you not read this:

Immigration officials ordered Onyango deported in 2004 after her first asylum request was rejected, but she ignored the order and took up residence in taxpayer-subsidized public housing in Boston. Upon discovery of her illegal status during the 2008 presidential election, more than four years after a judge ordered her to leave the country, she filed a second application for asylum.
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#4New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:45:21
Quote:
Immigration officials ordered Onyango deported in 2004 after her first asylum request was rejected, but she ignored the order and took up residence in taxpayer-subsidized public housing in Boston. Upon discovery of her illegal status during the 2008 presidential election, more than four years after a judge ordered her to leave the country, she filed a second application for asylum.

She should have been tossed from the country when her request was denied.

Quote:
According to media reports, Ms. Onyango based her second claim for asylum on her health, along with what her lawyers characterized as ?political turmoil? in Kenya that prevented her from returning. (American Visa Bureau, February 5, 2010; Boston Herald, February 4, 2010). While such generalized claims are insufficient for granting asylum, the exact basis for the court?s decision to grant Onyango asylum has not been made public. Ms. Onyango could release the information herself, but has stated that she intends to keep it private.

I dunno, maybe having a nephew that is president helped.
marshallc On September 12, 2014

Crawley, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:47:04
For the record, I could care less about Obama's aunt, it's the twenty million other illegals playing the corrupt inept system that are cause for action.

If you say so....

Houston,
#6New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:49:13
@marshallc Said

If you say so....

Hi troll.
\m//O_O\\m/

#7New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:52:54
@Charlemagne Said

She's been an illegal for years, do you have a comprehension problem?, or did you not read this:

If you maybe read what I said I never said she wasn't an illegal.

Here I'll post it again and highlight the important part if you have a comprehension problem.

@SparklyKatie Said

Crawley, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 16:54:03
@Charlemagne Said

After protracted litigation, President Obama?s aunt, Kenya native Zeituni Onyango, has been granted asylum. (Associated Press, May 17, 2010). Onyango, the half-sister of Obama?s father, had been in the United States on an overstayed visa since 2000.

The Onyango case illustrates a major problem with our immigration system: the use of multiple applications for asylum to thwart the enforcement of immigration laws. In addition to calling for the legal basis for granting asylum in the Onyango case to be made public, FAIR President Dan Stein noted: ?The legal system cannot permit people who have had their day in court, and lost, the opportunity to keep filing new claims before different judges until they finally prevail. The process needs to be fair and transparent, but endless delays designed to prevent compliance with a deportation order undermines our judicial process and invites abuse.? (Press Release; See also Boston Globe, May 18, 2010).

Hi troll lool
https://www.fairus.org/site/News2/1929724780?page=NewsArticle&id=23001&security=1601&news_iv_ctrl=1012#3

@Charlemagne Said

Hi troll.

Houston,
#9New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:01:12
@SparklyKatie Said

If you maybe read what I said I never said she wasn't an illegal.

Here I'll post it again and highlight the important part if you have a comprehension problem.

I did like you-ignored completely what you posted.

If her a** had been deported in a timely fashion she never would have been granted asylum in the 1st place. Why do you choose to argue semantics rather than discuss the the topic? I had hoped you weren't a mere troll-appears you are.
\m//O_O\\m/

#10New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:03:47
@Charlemagne Said

I did like you-ignored completely what you posted.

If her a** had been deported in a timely fashion she never would have been granted asylum in the 1st place. Why do you choose to argue semantics rather than discuss the the topic? I had hoped you weren't a mere troll-appears you are.

Troll? Ha!

I did it as a test, and unfortunately you failed, miserably.

People not granted asylum, get deported and then reapply can still be granted it at a later date. So...

"If her a** had been deported in a timely fashion she never would have been granted asylum in the 1st place."

Is, I'm afraid, a crock of s***.
Lockdog On October 16, 2018

Indianapolis, Indiana
#11New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:05:57
If she doesnt want to return to her homeland then send
her a** to Guantanamo Bay.

Houston,
#12New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:12:11
@SparklyKatie Said

People not granted asylum, get deported and then reapply can still be granted it at a later date. So...

So... nothing, nothing but another comprehension FAIL on your part. The OP addressed that already:

?The legal system cannot permit people who have had their day in court, and lost, the opportunity to keep filing new claims before different judges until they finally prevail".

Sorry, you aren't qualified to be "testing" anyone...
\m//O_O\\m/

#13New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:16:19
@Charlemagne Said

So... nothing, nothing but another comprehension FAIL on your part. The OP addressed that already:

?The legal system cannot permit people who have had their day in court, and lost, the opportunity to keep filing new claims before different judges until they finally prevail".

Sorry, you aren't qualified to be "testing" anyone...

And I doubt you're qualified to be judging who can and cannot apply for asylum, still doesn't stop you does it?

Houston,
#14New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:26:32
@SparklyKatie Said

And I doubt you're qualified to be judging who can and cannot apply for asylum, still doesn't stop you does it?

I'm certainly capable of understanding that when whoever applies for asylum gets their application denied and ordered to be deported, they need to get the f*** out of America.

I also understand that allowing applicants 4 YEARS to keep reapplying while living in taxpayer funded housing that could be utilized by American citizens is part of the problem.

Crawley, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 25, 2010 @ 17:26:33
How would you plan deporting 20 million 'illegals' first time around. How would you feasibly suggest changing the system, one you pay taxpayers money to, to satisfy your own 'request' that the 'flawed system' needs to be changed.

Obiviously, my opinion and views may differ from yours as you live in the U.S.

In the U.K we have student visa that can last for a certain time and no procedure is in place to monitor those that visas have expired. I live near an asylum centre that houses people who have illegally entered the country.

When they are known to authorities and kept under immigration laws prohibiting them from the freedom that they so wish and are 'locked up'. From this point they are 'asylum seekers in detention'.

Rightly so? Sure, they have to be monitored at some stage if they want a life in the country.

I don't suggest we ban immigration. The British Nationalist Party here in the U.K does. Would you like to see that in the United States? If so, it say a lot about your demeanour.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs