Politics

Obama ropes in Romney on healthcare

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
_abnormalmind_ On January 04, 2013

Central Florida, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 16:35:16
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/89757-obama-ropes-in-romney-on-healthcare

Mitt better watch out. His dash for national attention for the 2012 primary may turn sour with all things considered. I'm sure Mitt will try to distance himself, but expect the Democrats to drive home Mitt's comments (and liberalist agenda). I do not favor Mitt for the 2012 Republican ticket. And Palin is bad for Republicans. Which leaves ... Maybe Jeb Bush, but he's out of the limelight. Huckabee, who I am liking more and more by watching his show on Fox, seems alright.

My money (early into the "game" ) is on Mike Huckabee.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 19:12:10
Huckabee is a loon.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 19:20:22
They don't have very many good options right now.
SKELTERED On May 13, 2010

LAKELAND,
#4New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 20:27:28
@Lili Said

They don't have very many good options right now.
remarkably , some of the haves will be spending a total over 100 million dollars , maybe times that , trying to deny the assurance of healthcare to the have-nots. deep pockets like the chamber of commerce , propaganda like that from fox , the gullibility of some voting groups , like fundamentalists , a right-wing skewed supreme court , and small voter turn-out by those who are satisfied or indifferent gives them an advantage alltogether , imo.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#5New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 20:48:30
I've been thinking that all this 'Wait until November' and 'We'll see in 2012', is basically smack talk as well.

Fact is that people are saying that they want to throw all the bums out, but they just want to replace them with different bums..

It won't change a thing, it will just anger a different set of the population, and it will create more division in politics.

I haven't seen anyone on the political stage , right or left, that has a shred of a chance in 2012 against Obama.
SKELTERED On May 13, 2010

LAKELAND,
#6New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 21:18:35
@boxerdc Said

I've been thinking that all this 'Wait until November' and 'We'll see in 2012', is basically smack talk as well.

Fact is that people are saying that they want to throw all the bums out, but they just want to replace them with different bums..

It won't change a thing, it will just anger a different set of the population, and it will create more division in politics.

I haven't seen anyone on the political stage , right or left, that has a shred of a chance in 2012 against Obama.
this november is a different story , though.
democrats and other progressives will likely not turn out in sufficient numbers , since it is not a presidential election.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#7New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 21:34:46
@SKELTERED Said

this november is a different story , though.
democrats and other progressives will likely not turn out in sufficient numbers , since it is not a presidential election.

I think you underestimate the power of negative rhetoric on the public. It doesn't just bring out the haters, it also brings out the haters of the haters.

Central Florida, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:07:10
@El_Tino Said

Huckabee is a loon.

A politician is a politician, which is not a good word.

However, he's pushing for the FairTax concept, something I totally agree on.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:17:32
@_abnormalmind_ Said

A politician is a politician, which is not a good word.

However, he's pushing for the FairTax concept, something I totally agree on.

So you want to pay a higher tax rate? That seems odd, but I guess you're welcome to just send the IRS more money if you like.

Central Florida, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:20:39
@El_Tino Said

So you want to pay a higher tax rate? That seems odd, but I guess you're welcome to just send the IRS more money if you like.

I no longer want to pay taxes on my salary, and prefer to pay taxes on what I purchase. If I consume less, I pay less.
Rec On May 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

Bartow, Florida
#11New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:24:33
I think, for what it is worth, that there is still time, which tends not to be static but fluid within the system, and that will all the diversity within this country that both parties will have to come up with a completely new slant and personality for the presidential canidate. There is dismay at both of the parties from all walks of life. There is no concensus among the population. Who knows, perhaps this is the time, prime time for a Independent or a third party to birth itself, leaving all the triteness and confusion behind with some common-sense thinking for a change, I am up for it, sure am!!!

Central Florida, Florida
#12New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:26:19
@Rec Said

I think, for what it is worth, that there is still time, which tends not to be static but fluid within the system, and that will all the diversity within this country that both parties will have to come up with a completely new slant and personality for the presidential canidate. There is dismay at both of the parties from all walks of life. There is no concensus among the population. Who knows, perhaps this is the time, prime time for a Independent or a third party to birth itself, leaving all the triteness and confusion behind with some common-sense thinking for a change, I am up for it, sure am!!!

Rest assured, if there is anything that will unite the Democrats and Republicans, is a threat of a new party. Both parties have built a system of walls and obstructions to ensure their survival.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#13New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:28:09
@_abnormalmind_ Said

I no longer want to pay taxes on my salary, and prefer to pay taxes on what I purchase. If I consume less, I pay less.

And unless you have a very high income, what you purchase will be more or less equal to your salary, and your effective tax rate will go up.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#14New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:31:39
@El_Tino Said

And unless you have a very high income, what you purchase will be more or less equal to your salary, and your effective tax rate will go up.

Unless you spend below the "poverty line" and you wouldn't pay any taxes at all.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#15New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 18:32:47
@raditz Said

Unless you spend below the "poverty line" and you wouldn't pay any taxes at all.

Well they don't pay taxes as it is, so what do you care.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs