Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#16New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 23:58:34
@Leon Said

No. That's ending or stopping Robin Hood. Putting it in reverse is heading the opposite direction, meaning taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

Sure...so doing something and NOT doing something are not opposite.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Aug 07, 2012 @ 23:59:19
@Pcptrvanion Said

If the American people had a clue as to how much they were actually paying the Federal government there would be a tax revolt.

I would LOVE to see a single Personal Income Tax and ALL other taxes banned.
No with-holding. Write a single check once each year.
The people would be marching in the streets inside of a month.

Of course we could cut taxes altogether. I assume then you are a Libertarian? Or would you enjoy our debt exponentially increasing?

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 00:01:56
@Glenn Said

Sure...so doing something and NOT doing something are not opposite.

Reverse is not the same word as opposite. It is a word used to mean going in an opposite direction, not just to mean being the opposite. When I say I am putting the car in reverse, it does not mean I am just stopping. When I say I am doing the opposite of going forward, then it can mean I am stopping or going in reverse. See the difference? Reverse can be an opposite, but an opposite doesn't always mean reverse.

Either way, define it however you wish. Fact of the matter is Romney's plan calls for a increase of taxes for the poor and middle class and a decrease of taxes for the rich, so we see how Obama was using the term.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#19New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 00:33:10
@Leon Said

Reverse is not the same word as opposite. When I say I am putting the car in reverse, it does not mean I am stopping. When I say I am doing the opposite of going forward, then it can mean I am stopping or going in reverse. See the difference? Reverse can be an opposite, but an opposite doesn't always mean reverse.

Either way, define it however you wish. Fact of the matter is Romney's plan calls for a increase of taxes for the poor and middle class and a decrease of taxes for the rich, so we see how Obama was using the term.

The rich will still pay more taxes because they consume more and since it is percentages that they are talking about the rich will still pay more taxes.

If you really look at it the rich will pay less taxes than they currently are paying and the poor will pay more than they currently are

BUT...

the rich will still pay more in total bottom line amounts than the poor. So it is all word play. And there is no reverse Robin Hood because money will still be flowing from the rich to the poor.

San Diego, California
#20New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 00:39:03
@Glenn Said

The rich will still pay more taxes because they consume more and since it is percentages that they are talking about the rich will still pay more taxes.

If you really look at it the rich will pay less taxes than they currently are paying and the poor will pay more than they currently are

BUT...

the rich will still pay more in total bottom line amounts than the poor. So it is all word play. And there is no reverse Robin Hood because money will still be flowing from the rich to the poor.

It i

No, the rich do not consume more percentage wise than the poor. The poor spend every penny of their earnings. The rich save most of their earnings, and if we cut more taxes for them, guess what? They get to save even more.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#21New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 00:49:01
@Leon Said

No, the rich do not consume more percentage wise than the poor. The poor spend every penny of their earnings. The rich save most of their earnings, and if we cut more taxes for them, guess what? They get to save even more.

No the rich spend more money and make more money and pay more TOTAL taxes.

If someone spends a million dollars a year and pays 10% taxes on it ... They will always pay more total taxes than someone who only spends 100,000 dollars and pays 20% in taxes.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#22New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 00:56:40
@Glenn Said

If someone spends a million dollars a year and pays 10% taxes on it ... They will always pay more total taxes than someone who only spends 100,000 dollars and pays 20% in taxes.

Ever hear of a write off?

San Diego, California
#23New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 01:25:12
@Glenn Said

Got it. Very well then. Sounds like you prefer to favor the rich here and pay more yourself.

The rest of us don't want to pay more taxes however.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#24New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 01:47:02

Edit: Thank you to Leon who helped my lame a** post this pic!

San Diego, California
#25New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 01:51:31
@DorkySupergirl Said

Edit: Thank you to Leon who helped my lame a** post this pic!

I should be the one thanking you for putting up with my lame a** attempts at trying to explain/help you.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#26New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 01:52:37
@Leon Said

I should be the one thanking you for putting up with my lame a** attempts at trying to explain/help you.

My hair did not even get that frizzy with the frustration of it not working.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#27New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 05:17:32
@Leon Said

It's simple. We can't have it both ways. Either we are going to have to pay higher taxes or the rich are. Otherwise the debt will continue to rise via the only other option of revenue for the state - borrowing.

They can't cut down their spending? Oh, right. DC. Nevermind, the thought probably never even crossed their minds.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#28New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 05:25:01
@Pcptrvanion Said

Case in point...do you know the current RETAIL price for a pack of cigarettes?
About 80 cents plus tax.
Philip-Morris doesn't pay taxes. They let the consumer do it.

Well to be fair though, that part is intentional by the government. It's an attempt to get you to stop smoking because you'll think it's too expensive. They do a lot of things like that with alcohol and especially tobacco. For example, the companies had to change "light" and "ultra-light" to "gold" and "silver" because the FDA thinks we'll see "light" or "ultra-light" and think it's safe to smoke.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#29New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 05:25:44
@DorkySupergirl Said

My hair did not even get that frizzy with the frustration of it not working.

You're just lucky that it's not swollen like Max's.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#30New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 05:37:47
if a corporation is like an individual.
can i hide money in my home imporovement?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs