Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#61New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:05:06
@bob_the_fisherman Said

"I did not have relations with that girl."

Yep, Clinton lied, cheated on his wife & child......I find it disgusting, not unforgivable. Never heard a single president who hasn't lied in his lifetime! Nope, it's my belief that we all lie.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#62New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:09:06
@Spinkiegirl Said

You know what Leon? On second thought, I have to agree with you on president Clinton.....in that now after thinking back on the speeches i've listen to from Clinton.....he is IMO, as "eloquent" if not a bit more so than Obama. reagan, I absolutely couldn't stand, and IMO couldn't hold a candle to president Clinton or Obama when it comes to speaking. Can't say anything or much about lincoln, as I have only read things that he's spoke or wrote about. And I didn't care for much of any of it! What i've read that licoln wanted to do with freed slaves and black slaves, made me lose any respect I had for him as a man, let alone a leader of moral decency and president.

What did Lincoln want to do with feed slaves and black slaves that lost your respect?
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#63New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:11:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yep, Clinton lied, cheated on his wife & child......I find it disgusting, not unforgivable. Never heard a single president who hasn't lied in his lifetime! Nope, it's my belief that we all lie.

Yep, I agree that lying is pretty universal, but, even more so in politics. I doubt that honesty and politics are all that compatible to be honest. And Billy was probably not the first leader to sample the help either.

Chicago, Illinois
#64New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:14:51
@Leon Said

What did Lincoln want to do with feed slaves and black slaves that lost your respect?

I have to look up my bookmarks...give me a few Leon.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#65New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:17:12
@Spinkiegirl Said

I have to look up my bookmarks...give me a few Leon.

Not a problem.

Chicago, Illinois
#66New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:27:42
@Leon Said

Not a problem.

But then, like many people, Lincoln ran into problems. He worshipped the Union, and would not sanction tearing it apart in a civil war to end slavery. Like the Founders, he believed that the existence of the United States was crucial to the quotient of good in the world. Lincoln believed he was obligated to live with slavery on this basis, waiting for it to die on its own. He also didn’t know how black people would be settled into white American society. He did not believe black and white people could live peacefully together, not after hundreds of years of slavery had driven them so far apart. Lincoln felt that black people would never be given their full rights as Americans. He knew that there was no point in “[freeing black Americans] and [keeping] them among us as underlings.” Therefore, he decided the only solution was to send all the black people in America back to Africa, “their own native land.” This despite the fact that America was their own native land.

Chicago, Illinois
#67New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:30:31
@Leon Said

https://civilwar.bluegrass.net/SlaveryAndEmancipation/lincolnonslavery.html I'll be back later...sorry dinner time!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#68New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 02:34:18
@Spinkiegirl Said

But then, like many people, Lincoln ran into problems. He worshipped the Union, and would not sanction tearing it apart in a civil war to end slavery. Like the Founders, he believed that the existence of the United States was crucial to the quotient of good in the world. Lincoln believed he was obligated to live with slavery on this basis, waiting for it to die on its own. He also didn’t know how black people would be settled into white American society. He did not believe black and white people could live peacefully together, not after hundreds of years of slavery had driven them so far apart. Lincoln felt that black people would never be given their full rights as Americans. He knew that there was no point in “[freeing black Americans] and [keeping] them among us as underlings.” Therefore, he decided the only solution was to send all the black people in America back to Africa, “their own native land.” This despite the fact that America was their own native land.

I read this and read that, coming from a man who believed that slavery was wrong, was trying to figure out the best way to end it and the best way to minimize the hardness they would go through after being freed. He was being practical in trying to find a real solution to make his vision of the freedom and happiness of blacks really manifest itself rather than just remain as a dream.

Do you have a better solution than either his suggested proposals you posted or what he actually end up doing?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#70New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 15:12:48
@bob_the_fisherman Said

On this bit - yes, I keep forgetting the right is really very simplistic in its thinking, and can not remember things or infer things that are obvious. Despite the fact that you and I have discussed this topic in probably 100 or more posts, I am required to place a disclaimer in every single post just so you can understand context.

So, to 'help you out' , I will place my disclaimer here now, and apologise for confusing you - I should have realised that the right removes a person's critical thinking, reasoning, rationality, and basic comprehension skills, but I just keep forgetting.

*** Disclaimer: Not all christian want to follow the dictates of their religion and engage in genocide against Arabs. Nor do they want to slaughter or enslave all non christians. These Christians are extremists as they repudiate their religion, and will (possibly) join us in hell, if jesus is indeed god as he claims... however, despite jesus's followers repeated threats to subject peaceful christians to a "painful doom," and a "fearful chastisement," if they refuse to fight, many christians are merely normal people leading normal lives.

Makes about as much sense.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#71New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 18:10:25
@shinobinoz Said

Yes I read your links.

So the plan is to drop a bomb on them all?

No. The 'plan' if Obama was not handicapped in very obvious ways, would be to not support those with the intent of destroying us. At best, Obama is a total idiot.

I would have been arming Assad and Gaddafi, personally. Sure, they are not that great in the grand scheme of things, but better them than the types of lunatics running Iran that are intent on creating and using nuclear weapons in an attempt to bring about the advent of their massacre inducing, genocidal religious Mahdi.

Sometimes, there is no right, only degrees of wrong.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#73New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 18:34:29
@bob_the_fisherman Said

No. The 'plan' if Obama was not handicapped in very obvious ways, would be to not support those with the intent of destroying us. At best, Obama is a total idiot.

I would have been arming Assad and Gaddafi, personally. Sure, they are not that great in the grand scheme of things, but better them than the types of lunatics running Iran that are intent on creating and using nuclear weapons in an attempt to bring about the advent of their massacre inducing, genocidal religious Mahdi.

Sometimes, there is no right, only degrees of wrong.

Then you really cannot say you support democracy right?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#75New Post! Oct 28, 2012 @ 18:54:54
@shinobinoz Said

Then you really cannot say you support democracy right?

Could you perhaps, explain to me, in what sense Iran is a democracy? You obviously define democracy in a way in which I do not.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs