Politics

Obama Sends $3.7 Trillion Budget to Congress

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#1New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 17:54:10
President Obama sent Congress a $3.73 trillion budget Monday, a spending plan for 2012 that projects $1.1 trillion in deficit savings over the next decade but also continues adding to the national debt for years to come.

Republicans, who are still trying to cut billions out of this year's budget, slammed the proposal after giving it a quick analysis Monday morning. The top Republicans on the House and Senate budget committees said it would push $8.7 trillion in new spending while piling another $13 trillion onto the debt over the next 10 years.

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/14/obama-sends-trillion-budget-congress/#ixzz1DxOUFTFW

Think he'll still cut the deficit in half by the end of his term? lol
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 18:06:34
The Republicans are just as f***ing retarded with this s***.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#3New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 20:33:16
fun2bme On February 16, 2011

St Joseph, Michigan
#4New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 21:18:51
@El_Tino Said

I'm sorry, I'm not smart enough to see the equations between the two charts....on one charts it's really bad and on the other chart everything is wine and roses...

Is Alice around here eating pills and drinking stuff again? Is the Walrus chasing oysters? Is this the syndrome where the idiot housewife thinks she's saving money by shopping at sales?
Honey look...I saved fifty bucks
Dear...you spent three hundred...

is that what we are going with? or did I miss something?
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#5New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 23:59:11
@fun2bme Said

I'm sorry, I'm not smart enough to see the equations between the two charts....on one charts it's really bad and on the other chart everything is wine and roses...

Is Alice around here eating pills and drinking stuff again? Is the Walrus chasing oysters? Is this the syndrome where the idiot housewife thinks she's saving money by shopping at sales?
Honey look...I saved fifty bucks
Dear...you spent three hundred...

is that what we are going with? or did I miss something?

The first chart shows how we got into the mess and the 2nd chart shows Obama's plan for getting out.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#6New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 07:05:01
@El_Tino Said

The first chart shows how we got into the mess and the 2nd chart shows Obama's plan for getting out.

Magic. lol
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 13:01:10
@fun2bme Said

I'm sorry, I'm not smart enough to see the equations between the two charts...

"I don't understand what I just saw..."

@fun2bme Said

"... but that won't stop me from insulting it and the people that came up with the policy."
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 13:06:39
@jonnythan Said

"I don't understand what I just saw..."

"... but that won't stop me from insulting it and the people that came up with the policy."

Isn't that the Michele Bachman strategy? I can't wait for her to run for president.. Oh, the hours of laughter.
fun2bme On February 16, 2011

St Joseph, Michigan
#9New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:15:10
those who live in glass houses....

but I digress

let's face it, this proposed budget is a throw away. It addresses nothing real. We will be spending the GDP to service the debt...not pay it down, service it. I guess we will have to see what the republican response will be before we have a real conversation. The whole budget has to be on the table not just a portion of non defense discretionary spending.
I still say its a case of the housewife who thinks shopping sales saves money. Eccles and Keynes have done us no favors.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:16:46
@fun2bme Said

those who live in glass houses....

but I digress

let's face it, this proposed budget is a throw away. It addresses nothing real. We will be spending the GDP to service the debt...not pay it down, service it. I guess we will have to see what the republican response will be before we have a real conversation. The whole budget has to be on the table not just a portion of non defense discretionary spending.
I still say its a case of the housewife who thinks shopping sales saves money. Eccles and Keynes have done us no favors.

You couldn't understand the extremely simplified charts, but now you're an economist and federal budget expert?

Or have you just been listening to radio and TV personalities who pretend like they're academic economists?
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#11New Post! Feb 16, 2011 @ 05:42:22
Nearly 60% of the federal budget is wrapped up in Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Defense spending. Any politician that suggests cuts or changes to any of these is typically harshly criticized. Simply look at he flak Bush took when he tried to push social security private accounts or the flak democrats take when they suggest defense cuts.

When over half the budget is off the table for cuts, any cuts that are proposed elsewhere in the budget seem like mere theatrics. Unfortunately it seems that we won't take serious measures towards having a responsible budget until people/countries decide to stop lending us enough money to cover our debts.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#12New Post! Feb 16, 2011 @ 06:13:10
@fractal7221 Said

Nearly 60% of the federal budget is wrapped up in Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Defense spending. Any politician that suggests cuts or changes to any of these is typically harshly criticized. Simply look at he flak Bush took when he tried to push social security private accounts or the flak democrats take when they suggest defense cuts.

When over half the budget is off the table for cuts, any cuts that are proposed elsewhere in the budget seem like mere theatrics. Unfortunately it seems that we won't take serious measures towards having a responsible budget until people/countries decide to stop lending us enough money to cover our debts.

And Bush was only talking about privatizing 2% of SS.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#13New Post! Feb 16, 2011 @ 07:39:01
@raditz Said

And Bush was only talking about privatizing 2% of SS.

They probably should privatize some of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs