US Elections

Obama Picks Biden....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 05:18:02
https://www.cnn.com/ It's confirmed, just in, Mr.Barack Obama chooses Sen.Biden for his running mate!!!
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 05:21:04
Well, doesn't really matter. McCain is going to win in November.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 05:58:22
Noooo! He's lost it for good now! He should have picked clinton. Her supporters won't vote for him now...
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#4New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 07:21:18
@raditz8526 Said
Well, doesn't really matter. McCain is going to win in November.

If by "win" you mean "lose" then yes, he will win.

@asme251 Said
Noooo! He's lost it for good now! He should have picked clinton. Her supporters won't vote for him now...

So,... her supporters are racist?
vekta On November 18, 2013

#5New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 07:25:11
Clinton? Might as well shot himself in the foot with a real nail gun...

It wouldn't hurt as bad. Is a nail-gun shot to the foot better than a John McScrew?
simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#6New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 12:37:29
I don't know . . . I just can't see Obama/Biden being the team to deal with the current national/global scene.
These are perilous times.
What good is "health-care" if your dead.

I think it's important to remember that the whole world can change in just under 45 minutes.

~Just sayin.

BabyJane On July 08, 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#7New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 12:55:38
I got my text message! Lol
I had a feeling Biden would be the one. He's got everything Obama needs in a running mate. He's experienced and respected and of course being an old white guy doesn't hurt. What might hurt though is Biden's own criticism of Obama's lack of experience which he was very verbal about when Biden himself was a candidate. Hillary was never a good pick for Obama. . she's old politics. . he wants to be seen as new politics. Her supporters will come around but if they don't, and they vote McCain then they are pathetic considering that on the issues Obama and Hillary were not that different in positions. They can't say that about McCain. Voting for revenge??? How stupid.

#8New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:04:55
Quote:
and of course being an old white guy doesn't hurt.

Well, since you brought it up, I'd say "old white guys" have guided our nation pretty well so far.
I mean, let's face it, people are trying to get in here, -not out of here.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#9New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:19:05
@simplydreadful Said
Well, since you brought it up, I'd say "old white guys" have guided our nation pretty well so far.
I mean, let's face it, people are trying to get in here, -not out of here.

That was not said in a contemptuous way. My dad is an old white guy.
I was only pointing out that within the group of voters that have major reservations about Obama that will be seen as a plus. At any rate, I think it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. . not all of the old white guys who have run this country have done a bang up job. Not because of their race just because they sucked as leaders. However my comment was specific to how the race of his running mate would not hurt Obama's candidacy and had nothing to do with criticizing white men.

#10New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:23:53
Quote:
I was only pointing out that within the group of voters that have major reservations about Obama that will be seen as a plus. At any rate, I think it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. . not all of the old white guys who have run this country have done a bang up job. Not because of their race just because they sucked as leaders. However my comment was specific to how the race of his running mate would not hurt Obama's candidacy and had nothing to do with criticizing white men.

Okay, thanks . . . *sniff*

alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#11New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:42:50
interesting,
i don't know much about this guy i'll have to look him up.
i hope obama wins now, it'd be very interesting to watch his impact (if any) on a foreign policy i'm opposed to as it stands.
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#12New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:46:39
Apparently, Biden was for the Iraqi war, but has also called George W. Bush braindead I like the guy for that comment alone
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#13New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:46:53
@babyjane Said

I was thinking the same thing regarding "the old white dude." Having Biden as a running mate will help broaden Obamas voter base.
So by choosing an old white dude was he selling out or just being smart?
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#14New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:48:09
Just being smart. He'll be able to attract the people who call him "inexperienced". Racists still won't vote for him, now will they? Some of the Clinton supporters that said they won't vote for Obama.. They should vote for him now

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#15New Post! Aug 23, 2008 @ 13:52:44
Basically Biden has what Obama does not "street credibility". He has the foreign policy experience, he will appeal to the class of voters that Obama has not been able to win over and he's well respected. What is going to be most interesting now is who McCain selects. He would be smart to choose a woman to try to woo Hillary supporters.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs