Forums:
Politics

Obama, Congress & Illegal aliens

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#1New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 20:15:45
"Obama,Congress set to tackle immigration" So said the Sacramento Bee 090625. And another round of problems loom ahead. I predict that the NEW comprehensive immigration bill will be just as effective in controlling ILLEGAL immigration as the one passed in 1986. The below letter to my Representative explains why.

Leon E. Panetta Wash Kostinko
Congressman My District July 5, 1991
IMMIGRATION POLICY -- STINKS
Year after year I have been telling YOU that your bills to regulte immigrant inflow were ABSOLUTELY useless!!!! AND SO THEY ARE!
Your latest letter, June 25, admitted it; but, OFFERED no solution. And you have rejected mine. Odd though ----- our liberal friends have incorporated your concept in our local politics and have had considerable success in its inception.
I do not agree with their philosophy; but, I must live with it. It is called " controlled growth" and has increased property values, decreased low income housing, added more people at or below the poverty level income, redistributed overall tax receipts to favor the wealthy, and increased the number of bureaucrats on the public payroll.
And what has that to do with illegal immigration? Those people who are for slow growth are against any legislation aimed to actually curb the influx of illegal immigrants.
AS I ASSUME YOU ALSO ARE?
You stated and I quote: "-- the jurisdiction of INS extends only to matters of civil justice with respect to deportation . The INS does not have jurisdiction over matters of criminal justice. Such cases must be handled by our State and Federal Justice systems." (poor sentence). And poor legal advice. I must assume that you all are not in accord on how to deal with the incarcerated illegal alien criminals who use our prisons to live in a style that they would NOT be accustomed to in their own country. Still they provide for their family during their stay.
Oh yes! What you are doing to our country is shaping the policy of our future. YOU ARE DIVIDING THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY INTO ETHNIC FACTIONS. And I will call in my chips when the future proves me right! My progeny will carry out my will. Isn't this what ethnic diversity finally evolve into? Another Yugoslavia, or Lebanon?
NOT IN OUR COUNTRY!!
We are living it NOW! We cannot have little ( ) Harlem, Viet Nam, Havana, Mexico, Et Cet. You cannot grant all rights and privileges to immigrants and illegal aliens. These are reserved for our citizens. Else -- what use is citizenship? Where is OUR advantage?
You stated "If the US wishes to assert its claim as a beacon of Democracy and Justice, when people transgress the law of our land, our nation must be able to mete out Justice equally to all people, be they citizens, legal residents, of illegal aliens." True!! But you and I view justice from different perspectives.
I do nor reward the violation of the "law of the land". Justice requires that the violator return to square ONE!--> His native land! You require that we spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to help a convicted law breaker remain in the country that HE had INVADED. Is that Justice? I suppose that it is not how SADDAM was rewarded when he lost the war?
The real losers are those who are on the waiting list to enter our country legally. And we have --- or at least had --- laws governing their dependence on the welfare of our government. I know first hand from my family experience. We had to earn the right to be citizens of the USA and we had to work for it
I do not link!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs