Now this makes it all make sense..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#31New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 19:30:23
@Commander4th Said

You've just opened a huge can of worms there i was gonna warn you incase Mad Cornish Biker read it but then i scrolled down and realised its to late.
I suppose if anybody want to believe the Bible you can twist meanings and view things from a different perspective so its seems true to you.
Personnally i see things for what they are, i dont try and make things out to be more then what they really are.

To me the Bible is simply a story in a book, no more no less, theres no evidence that i know of that proves anything in the Bible is true.

If you go to the local library and look in the section marked fiction there are a whole load of books with stories just as amazing as the Bible

Well now, the bible is a good source for the time line /history/ geography of the part of the world it 'talks about' .
It is quite amusing that who ever authored it seemed to be consuming some pretty decent home grown and or home made mind altering substances.

Bold text
The kicker is , you won't find that fairy tale book called 'the bible' in the section marked fiction ,where it really should be .
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 20:34:57
@white_swan53 Said

Well now, the bible is a good source for the time line /history/ geography of the part of the world it 'talks about' .
It is quite amusing that who ever authored it seemed to be consuming some pretty decent home grown and or home made mind altering substances.

Bold text
The kicker is , you won't find that fairy tale book called 'the bible' in the section marked fiction ,where it really should be .

There has probably been more wars started and more innocent people killed over religion then both world wars put together, does'nt sound so peaceful to me

n/a, New Mexico
#33New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 20:43:09
@Commander4th Said

There has probably been more wars started and more innocent people killed over religion then both world wars put together, does'nt sound so peaceful to me

Did you mean to quote me ? I am 99.9 % positive I have never thought or said or been inclined to believe that Christianity was, is or ever will be in any way , form or fashion considered peaceful .
burnick On December 02, 2012

, Philippines
#34New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 20:44:52
@white_swan53 Said

This explains why that bible makes no sense , has so many contradictions and sounds like a bunch of fairy tales .

The Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors.

The Bible is a compilation of 66 separate books, divided into two primary divisions: the Old Testament (containing 39 books) and the New Testament (containing 27 books).

the bible makes no sense to those blasphemers like you, there are many contradictions to them like you, and sounds like a bunch of fairy tales to them like you. hey, no offense, its just the truth.
so you got history here too, and so what, it doesnt follow thru your premise.

, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 20:49:40
@white_swan53 Said

Did you mean to quote me ? I am 99.9 % positive I have never thought or said or been inclined to believe that Christianity was, is or ever will be in any way , form or fashion considered peaceful .

No i realise you probably did'nt consider religion peaceful, i was more making a point to some1 religious who is reading this
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#36New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:01:36
@burnick Said

the bible makes no sense to those blasphemers like you, there are many contradictions to them like you, and sounds like a bunch of fairy tales to them like you. hey, no offense, its just the truth.

So now I can see why the Philippines is being shaken by strong Earthquakes, it is because of people like you!

n/a, New Mexico
#37New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:15:04
@burnick Said

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/sq/150/i52/5/12/17/tfs_a24f24da11.gif"> Oh go piss up a rope,
It's finger pointing , holier than thou ,nut jobs ,who post posts like this one, that make these threads so damn entertaining , well right up until the time I block the nut job making them self get red on the head over not being able to scream loud enough to make non believers ,believe,

n/a, New Mexico
#38New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:16:49
@Commander4th Said

No i realise you probably did'nt consider religion peaceful, i was more making a point to some1 religious who is reading this

got'cha .

, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:24:01
@white_swan53 Said

got'cha .

, Philippines
#40New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:32:06
@white_swan53 Said

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/sq/150/i52/5/12/17/tfs_a24f24da11.gif"> Oh go piss up a rope,
It's finger pointing , holier than thou ,nut jobs ,who post posts like this one, that make these threads so damn entertaining , well right up until the time I block the nut job making them self get red on the head over not being able to scream loud enough to make non believers ,believe,

duh

, Philippines
#41New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:33:31
@wirelessguru1 Said

So now I can see why the Philippines is being shaken by strong Earthquakes, it is because of people like you!

nice, you know something too, huh
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#42New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 21:40:20
@burnick Said

nice, you know something too, huh

Well I know that people like you need some rather serious mental help...

n/a, New Mexico
#43New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 22:03:59
I didn't just hear some bulls*** hearsay rumors about what is said in that book of fairy tales and decide it's not for me.
I had a real interest in what it was I had heard real regular every day ,professing to be christian , people say they had found in their faith or beliefs . I sat down one evening every week with the pastor and or his wife of my grand mothers church and really applied my self to the 'study of 'the word' for more then a year.
The more I studied that book and the more questions I ask and had answered the more like a mother goose fairy tale it all sounded like to me.
Those people like my grand mother and the pastor and his wife and the others are real and what they say they feel and believe to be real real to them . Some would try the 'ram it in my face' approach to christianity while others wore out there knees in their jeans praying with and for me .
Finally it got to the point that I was feeling bad for wasting their time on something i found so totally unbelievable as to be more amusing then any Saturday morning cartoon ever seen.

n/a, New Mexico
#44New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 22:08:28
@MadCornishBiker Said

Full of true stories.

@wirelessguru1 Said

Well, I wouldn't say that they are all true stories...

Oh well sure, those stories that are so far south of left field that you just know the guy who thought them up, was stoned to the bone on some really good home grown, well now they be parables ,
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 22:10:27
@white_swan53 Said

Oh well sure, those stories that are so far south of left field that you just know the guy who thought them up, was stoned to the bone on some really good home grown, well now they be parables ,

Nope, completely true.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs