Now this makes it all make sense..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Electric_Banana On about 7 hours ago

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 08:46:46
@MadCornishBiker Said

It truly is, as Jesus declared, the "word of God".

I think I'm starting to see what's going on here.

Can anyone name any stories about a handsome strapping bloke like myself winding up as the only male left on Earth and having to impregnate all of the women, many clean mountain streams are turning to fat-free beer and beer is the only sustenance needed to live?

I think I might have a little something new to start claiming to be 'The Word of God.'
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 09:49:51
@MadCornishBiker Said

In act, as I have shown on here there are no contradictions in the bible. Only misunderstood scriptures, and a few reporting errors which are not all that significant, like for instance the number of stables in Solomon's palace.

Biker, you have claimed that there are no contradictions in the Bible. You have not shown it here.

You then proceed to tell us that there is in fact a contradiction, regarding the number of stables in Solomon's Palace. If one claims, as you do, that the entire text is an " eye witness account inspired (authored) by God " then such is NOT insignificant. In fact it refutes your claim.

@MadCornishBiker Said

For instance, we all get the "Cecil B DeMill picture of walls of water a few meters apart letting the Israelites across.

Please speak for yourself.

white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#18New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 10:49:37
@MadCornishBiker Said

In act, as I have shown on here there are no contradictions in the bible.

It is easy to point out why the misunderstandings make some scriptures appear to be contradictions, but also why they aren't

https://www.answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm

@MadCornishBiker Said

Also there is not one "fairy tale" in scripture, all are eye witness accounts inspired (authored) by God and written down by humans acting as secretaries.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 10:56:39
For those interested......

Contradictions

Do doubt some will claim that they have seen such before and definitively "refuted" each one, as the blurb to the site says....

"It is therefore up to the reader to use his/her own intelligence and decide for himself/herself what s/he can and will accept as a contradiction. In other words, you need not agree with what Meritt sees as a problem or contradiction."

I would just like to add that my intention is by no means destructive. Many Christians, in fact the majority, have taken such things on board and moved on. Moved on to a deeper faith. A faith in the Living Word, known throughout the entire world of faith, all Faiths. And away from what amounts to no more than faith in a book, and reliance upon the analysis of words.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 11:02:17
Perhaps one example.....

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 11:22:31
@tariki Said

Biker, you have claimed that there are no contradictions in the Bible. You have not shown it here.

You then proceed to tell us that there is in fact a contradiction, regarding the number of stables in Solomon's Palace. If one claims, as you do, that the entire text is an " eye witness account inspired (authored) by God " then such is NOT insignificant. In fact it refutes your claim.

Please speak for yourself.

I have shown many times that there are no contradictions on here, if you would care to show what you believe to eb a contradiction I would happily re[eat the exercise.

No I have not said there was a contradiction there, merely a reporting difference in which one "reporter exaggerated what he saw and the other either counted or underexagerrated what he saw, I also pointed out that such a difference is not significance in that it is not exactly material how many stables Solomon had. It changes nothing in the bible story.

This latest post simply shows two things.

One is that you haven't read my explanations in the past properly.

Two, that you are desperate to pick any little hole you can, no matter how small and no matter how imagined.

Banned

#22New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 11:25:28
@tariki Said

Perhaps one example.....

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

That is not a contradiction. Psalm 145:9 talks about his attitude to all His creation. Jeremiah talks of His judgement on the wicked, which He would prefer not to do, but has to for the sake of His faithful worshippers, as He will again at Armageddon.

Just because God wants to show mercy to all doesn't mean we always allow Him the opportunity to.

Banned

#23New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 11:28:37
@white_swan53 Said

https://www.answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm

I'll come back to you on those specific examples. I have to admit there are one or two there I haven't had raised before. I may even start a separate thread on the subject, though I have done once before some time ago. If I can find it, I'll re-awaken it.

I have absolutely no doubt I can show you why they are either reporting differences or some have been misunderstand.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 12:20:57
@MadCornishBiker Said

I have shown many times that there are no contradictions on here, if you would care to show what you believe to eb a contradiction I would happily re[eat the exercise.

No I have not said there was a contradiction there, merely a reporting difference in which one "reporter exaggerated what he saw and the other either counted or underexagerrated what he saw, I also pointed out that such a difference is not significance in that it is not exactly material how many stables Solomon had. It changes nothing in the bible story.

This latest post simply shows two things.

One is that you haven't read my explanations in the past properly.

Two, that you are desperate to pick any little hole you can, no matter how small and no matter how imagined.

Biker, I will keep it simple. You have missed - avoided - the point I made.... If one claims, as you do, that the entire text is an " eye witness account inspired (authored) by God " then such is NOT insignificant.

Again, there are web sites that list literally hundreds of what are claimed to be contradictions in the Bible. You have NEVER on this forum shown each to be a false claim.

Your response shows that your reading comprehension is poor, not that I have never read your non existent refutation of each and every contradiction.

And the only thing I am "desperate" about is 1. Seeking to get you to agree that when I debate with you I am debating with a human being, and not with God.

And 2. Yes, I am desperate to see the end of the Creed you proclaim on this forum. It makes a mockery of Christianity.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 12:27:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

That is not a contradiction. Psalm 145:9 talks about his attitude to all His creation. Jeremiah talks of His judgement on the wicked, which He would prefer not to do, but has to for the sake of His faithful worshippers, as He will again at Armageddon.

Just because God wants to show mercy to all doesn't mean we always allow Him the opportunity to.

Tragic! No wonder you claim there are no contradictions when such an explanation satisfies your intellect.

SO we have....Psalm 145:9 talks about his attitude to all His creation.

All would include the wicked, surely?

The Lord is good to ALL

Do you understand what "all" means?

His tender mercies are over ALL his works.

Do you understand what "all" means?

Then....."I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. Saith the Lord"

I think we know what your response means.

(IF there was no contradiction the Psalm should read...."The LORD wants to be good to all: and would like his tender mercies to be over all his works."

BUT it does NOT say that, does it?)

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 12:55:20
The saddest point about this is that the word "mercy" is fundamental.

Mercy......"Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm"

I'll say no more.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 13:13:49
@white_swan53 Said

This explains why that bible makes no sense , has so many contradictions and sounds like a bunch of fairy tales .

The Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors.

The Bible is a compilation of 66 separate books, divided into two primary divisions: the Old Testament (containing 39 books) and the New Testament (containing 27 books).

You've just opened a huge can of worms there i was gonna warn you incase Mad Cornish Biker read it but then i scrolled down and realised its to late.
I suppose if anybody want to believe the Bible you can twist meanings and view things from a different perspective so its seems true to you.
Personnally i see things for what they are, i dont try and make things out to be more then what they really are.

To me the Bible is simply a story in a book, no more no less, theres no evidence that i know of that proves anything in the Bible is true.

If you go to the local library and look in the section marked fiction there are a whole load of books with stories just as amazing as the Bible
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#28New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 18:48:48
Yes, the bible is just an old story book.

Banned

#29New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 18:51:09
@wirelessguru1 Said

Yes, the bible is just an old story book.

Full of true stories.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#30New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 19:04:28
@MadCornishBiker Said

Full of true stories.

Well, I wouldn't say that they are all true stories...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs