November 6, 2012 U.S. Election

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...23 24 25 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#31New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 01:48:11
@wirelessguru1 Said

Well, you will need more than 32 votes to make this a more legit poll so the percentages will then self adjust as more votes are gathered...Polling 101.

Polling is a lot more than just reaching a certain number. You need to ensure that you are polling people at roughly the same percentages in terms of economic, location, and ethnic/sex demographics, among other factors.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#32New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 01:50:06
I will make sure my vote counts!
This will be a historical election for me.

We have two amendments to the MN constitution to vote for as well. One is the vote ID. The other is the marriage Amendment. I will be voting no for both. The marriage amendment is to make marriage between a man and a woman only. So by voting no, it's a yes for gay rights. That seems more important in our state right now than the president.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#33New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:02:00
Well, your web site here seems to attract a diverse audience in terms of "economics, location, ethnic/sex demographics, among other factors". Again, polling 101...

I've seen posts here from both right wing and left wing zealots and, of course, by a few other independents like me...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#34New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:08:54
@wirelessguru1 Said

Well, your web site here seems to attract a diverse audience in terms of "economics, location, ethnic/sex demographics, among other factors". Again, polling 101...

I've seen posts here from both right wing and left wing zealots and, of course, by a few other independents like me...

There are a lot more left regulars in here than right. What's more, with this being a forum conducive to written debate, I've noticed that the ones who are right seem to have more difficulty in presenting a convincing case, whether it is the posters themselves or the lack of evidence, alienating or swaying readers' minds further. From what I've seen anyways, as there are some pretty polarizing personalities from the right in here. So, no, this poll is not reflective at all of the general U.S. population and never will be.

Somewhere in, California
#35New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:37:01
Well, right wing zealots are usual a lot more polarizing personalities (here, there and/or anywhere else) than left wing zealots who are by definition more "liberal" and therefore better balanced mentally...Polling 101.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#36New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:43:55
@wirelessguru1 Said

Well, right wing zealots are usual a lot more polarizing personalities (here, there and/or anywhere else) than left wing zealots who are by definition more "liberal" and therefore better balanced mentally...Polling 101.

Another thing to remember is that the owner is a liberal, so that likely has some sway as well here. I just don't think that you will see similar results Tuesday to this poll. I just created it to gauge the TFS mindset, nothing more. Realclearpolitics.com will give you a better predictor, as they use better polls and combine them all to assure even more accuracy.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#37New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:48:37
@Leon Said

There are a lot more left regulars in here than right. What's more, with this being a forum conducive to written debate, I've noticed that the ones who are right seem to have more difficulty in presenting a convincing case, whether it is the posters themselves or the lack of evidence, alienating or swaying readers' minds further. From what I've seen anyways, as there are some pretty polarizing personalities from the right in here. So, no, this poll is not reflective at all of the general U.S. population and never will be.

I think there are quite a few that may lean right, they just don't speak up a lot because the political threads here tend to go to bats*** insane pretty darn quick.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#38New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:51:26
@DiscordTiger Said

I think there are quite a few that may lean right, they just don't speak up a lot because the political threads here tend to go to bats*** insane pretty darn quick.

Yeah, and again, that's because of the personalities involved.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#39New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:55:23
Also, to add, and this is huge, many TFS posters are outside of the U.S. (and voting in this poll), and, as one member illustrated earlier with a thread on the topic, the international community favors Obama more than Romney.

Somewhere in, California
#40New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:55:42
Look, most late polls are also clearly showing Obama ahead. The latest Iowa poll shows Obama ahead by 5 points...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2012/11/03/obama-leads-in-iowa-poll/1679721/

Look, we just had a MAJOR hurricane disaster that affected millions of people and the Mayor or NY (seen on TV a lot these days due to the disaster) has just endorsed Obama...and even the Governor of NJ (a rep that supports Rmoney and also seen on TV a lot, especially recently) has also recently and publically praised Obama for his disaster response...so the rest of the undecided people in the country will see this and will respond accordingly...

..and many USA citizens overseas will, of course, also vote in this election.

Obama will win this election.

+1 (Neo)
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#41New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 02:57:17
@Leon Said

Yeah, and again, that's because of the personalities involved.

Yes, if TFS was a deserted island, it would certainly be immediately taken over by the U.S.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#42New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 03:01:03
@wirelessguru1 Said

Look, most late polls are also clearly showing Obama ahead. The latest Iowa poll shows Obama ahead by 5 points...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2012/11/03/obama-leads-in-iowa-poll/1679721/

Look, we just had a MAJOR hurricane disaster that affected millions of people and the Mayor or NY (seen on TV a lot these days due to the disaster) has just endorsed Obama...and even the Governor of NJ (a rep that supports Rmoney and also seen on TV a lot, especially recently) has also recently and publically praised Obama for his disaster response...so the rest of the undecided people in the country will see this and will respond accordingly...

..and many USA citizens overseas will, of course, also vote in this election.

Obama will win this election.

+1 (Neo)

Oh I'm not disputing that Obama will win the election. I'm just disputing that he will win by a 2-1 margin as reflected in this poll.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#43New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 03:01:42
Also, Neo, is there a reason you are not quoting me instead of doing so, when responding to me?

Somewhere in, California
#44New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 03:05:17
If your poll here is fair (like, fore example, you liberal owners and moderators cannot vote more than once) and you can get to around 100 votes, that will then be the real margin to look at. 33 votes is still not enough! Polling 101...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#45New Post! Nov 04, 2012 @ 03:06:56
@wirelessguru1 Said

If your poll here is fair (like, fore example, you liberal owners and moderators cannot vote more than once) and you can get to around 100 votes, that will then be the real margin to look at. 33 votes is still not enough! Polling 101...

I'm sure we will be close to your magic 100 by Tuesday, so we will see.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...23 24 25 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs