Forums: Art & Literature:
Art History

No Topics in Art History!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Richard_Richards On October 23, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 16:17:37
Ladies and Gents, there have been artists creating thought-provoking, impressive, beautiful, ugly and controversial images for others to enjoy for as long as humans have existed. I personally go for the surrealist/abstract art and medieval portraits. Architecture, mid to late Victorian and again anything Pre 1650.

What about you lot? What tantalises your tastebuds? Up for a bit of Bosch? A sucker for Monet? Nuts about Holbein?

Perhaps you can't stand art?

Post your art loves and hates!

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:50:47
33 views and not a single comment. Does anyone have an opinion on art?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:11:22
I love art but not in any deep kind of way. My friends are artists and it always makes them laugh when I say that I like a painting just because it's pretty.

I'm more into architecture and music to be honest. I love looking at old buildings and seeing the history there and seeing how things like faith can inspire buildings of beauty.

I do go to art exhibitions with my friends sometimes though, but usually it's street art and graphic design stuff. The city I live in is brilliant for its street art so there's always lots to see.

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:42:37
As an art fan, I completely accept the opinion of 'I like it because it's pretty'.

Art means different things to different people and I think a piece of art doesn't have to have meaning or evoke any kind of emotional response to be considered good. Being pleasing to the eye is enough for me!

I paint myself and the hardest piece I've ever painted was one I did for the lounge wall because all it had to do was look nice, it was just a scene. Despite it being purely aesthetic, it's the piece I'm most proud of because I found it so challenging.

Abstract art is easier for me as the content becomes more important than the quality, I'm not a brilliant painter you see!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs