Nicola Sturgeon called upon to resign

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 12:45:31
This won't matter so much until the next Scottish Parliamentaries in 2011 but it's still important. Scottish health minister Nicola Sturgeon has been called upon to resign after writing a letter of support to the judge in the trial of a man charged with about ?80,000 of benefit fraud. Because of course he "didn't mean to do it".

Of course he didn't. It's not like he hadn't defrauded the system once before now, is it? Oh it is. Well oopsy.

As an MSP and deputy first minister, it is in her bounds to take care of her constituents, however attempting to interfere with the justice system is just going too far! I mean is she even taking the upcoming election seriously or do the SNP actually want to lose?

bbc.co.uk/news
vanished On April 24, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 12:57:51
just read the artical on the news website. It is just a joke. He should receive jail time. The fact is he owned "other" properties.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 12:58:59
@vanished Said

just read the artical on the news website. It is just a joke. He should receive jail time. The fact is he owned "other" properties.

With some of the money he stole.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 13:43:28
Alex Salmond has said he backed his deputy first minister "110%" after she wrote a letter in support of a man who could be jailed for benefit fraud.

Mr Salmond described Ms Sturgeon, the MSP for Govan, as a "fantastic" deputy who had acted "entirely appropriately".

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8510662.stm
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 13:57:58
The SNP just seem out of their depth in power.

This is off topic but I was looking at Alex Salmond recently. He claimed, last year in expenses, ?130,000 from Westminster. Whilst that is quite a bit there are other MP's who have claimed as much, if not more.

Here is the thing though, Salmond spent a grand total of 6 days in the UK parliament last year meaning for each day he spent in parliament it cost the tax payer ?21,000.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 14:00:52
@jmo Said

This is off topic but I was looking at Alex Salmond recently. He claimed, last year in expenses, ?130,000 from Westminster. Whilst that is quite a bit there are other MP's who have claimed as much, if not more.

Here is the thing though, Salmond spent a grand total of 6 days in the UK parliament last year meaning for each day he spent in parliament it cost the tax payer ?21,000.

That's rediculous. He claimed more for one day than I make in an entire year!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 14:05:01
"The conviction is Rauf's second for fraud"

I know legally this shouldn't come into it, but I find it hard to believe someone who has already been convicted of fraud in the past would be unaware he was doing it again...
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 21:25:29
@SparklyKatie Said

Alex Salmond has said he backed his deputy first minister "110%" after she wrote a letter in support of a man who could be jailed for benefit fraud.

Mr Salmond described Ms Sturgeon, the MSP for Govan, as a "fantastic" deputy who had acted "entirely appropriately".

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8510662.stm

Salmond would back her to the hilt of course. Dear Nicola can do nothing wrong in his eyes

@jmo Said

@jmo Said

"The conviction is Rauf's second for fraud"

I know legally this shouldn't come into it, but I find it hard to believe someone who has already been convicted of fraud in the past would be unaware he was doing it again...

My points exactly. The daftest thing the Scots ever did was to elect these idiots. You know if I don't have ID on me then I can't go get lunch at certain pubs because they're not liscenced to sell food to under18s anymore? And even the ones which do are "challenge 25" meaning that I have to make sure my friends have ID with them or we can't eat there.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#9New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 21:30:50
@crazychica Said

Salmond would back her to the hilt of course. Dear Nicola can do nothing wrong in his eyes

My points exactly. The daftest thing the Scots ever did was to elect these idiots. You know if I don't have ID on me then I can't go get lunch at certain pubs because they're not liscenced to sell food to under18s anymore? And even the ones which do are "challenge 25" meaning that I have to make sure my friends have ID with them or we can't eat there.

It's a bit bizarre. I got Id'd for a coke in a pub the other day!

The weirdest one is that night clubs etc can't have burger vans any more due to the new laws. Which means all these drunk people who used to buy a burger or hot dog or something at the end of the night can't do that anymore.

Considering when you are drunk the best thing to do is eat some food it just proves the law makes no sense.

Also, if I wanted to go to my local supermarket in half an hour to buy a beer or two, I wouldn't be able to. But if I want to buy one at 10 am tomorrow that's fine? Makes no sense.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 21:35:51
@jmo Said

It's a bit bizarre. I got Id'd for a coke in a pub the other day!

The weirdest one is that night clubs etc can't have burger vans any more due to the new laws. Which means all these drunk people who used to buy a burger or hot dog or something at the end of the night can't do that anymore.

Considering when you are drunk the best thing to do is eat some food it just proves the law makes no sense.

Also, if I wanted to go to my local supermarket in half an hour to buy a beer or two, I wouldn't be able to. But if I want to buy one at 10 am tomorrow that's fine? Makes no sense.

Exactly.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 23:40:52
Love the video clip. Iain Gray - "In fact are there any MSPs here who would have written that letter? Put your hands up. Where are ye? Where are they?"

Brilliant! Sometimes FMQs is better than Hollyoaks
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#12New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 23:47:46
@crazychica Said

Love the video clip. Iain Gray - "In fact are there any MSPs here who would have written that letter? Put your hands up. Where are ye? Where are they?"

Brilliant! Sometimes FMQs is better than Hollyoaks

Ever played the FMQ drinking game?

You have to take a drink every time Alex Salmond deflects in his answers.

Seriously, you're drunk after the first fifteen minutes.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 23:48:47
@jmo Said

Ever played the FMQ drinking game?

You have to take a drink every time Alex Salmond deflects in his answers.

Seriously, you're drunk after the first fifteen minutes.

I'll have to try that at some point
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 23:52:40
@crazychica Said

I'll have to try that at some point

Like this bit Iain Grey: "Can the first minister tell us where he draws the line, what crime do you have to commit not to recieve a character reference from the first minister or deputy minister?"

Salmond "Let me just say Nicola Sturgeon was elected by the people of Govan, but Iain Gray lost his seat as an MSP".

A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 23:55:42
@jmo Said

Like this bit Iain Grey: "Can the first minister tell us where he draws the line, what crime do you have to commit not to recieve a character reference from the first minister or deputy minister?"

Salmond "Let me just say Nicola Sturgeon was elected by the people of Govan, but Iain Gray lost his seat as an MSP".

Well he kind of has a point. Constituency MSPs are a bit snobby towards the regionals. Still it's crazy to try to tell an MSP that he's not a real MSP
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs