The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Nice Guys finish last....... Their (our) fault or what?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:19:49
Hello. I've been hearing that nice guys finish last for years. Honestly, I am starting to get tired of hearing it now. I am wondering now, is it our fault that we are nice guys that mostly women look past us, lead us on, mess with our emotions, and or toss us in the friend zone. I am just asking a woman and/or a guy (with common sense or real logical answers) to answer this for me. Who fault is it? The nice guy or the woman or the bad boys? How can we change that? Please give me your honest answer and your opinion. Do not be rude either I am not for it anymore.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:37:55
@CPat92 Said

Hello. I've been hearing that nice guys finish last for years. Honestly, I am starting to get tired of hearing it now. I am wondering now, is it our fault that we are nice guys that mostly women look past us, lead us on, mess with our emotions, and or toss us in the friend zone. I am just asking a woman and/or a guy (with common sense or real logical answers) to answer this for me. Who fault is it? The nice guy or the woman or the bad boys? How can we change that? Please give me your honest answer and your opinion. Do not be rude either I am not for it anymore.

You change it by CAREFULLY picking your women.
1. Don't fall for the first one that wiggles her a** in your direction.
2. Never put a woman on a pedestle.
3. Be polite but don't get all slobbery over them.
4. NEVER let them think you will do anything for them. That's what they are supposed to do for you.
5. Once you have a woman in your truck, (nice tits. Get in the truck) the only thing they need to remember after that is, show up naked, with beer.

I'm not being rude. I'm being 'down home'.
CharmmyVee On November 24, 2012

Deleted

Here, way out here, New Mexico
#3New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:40:35
It's just what you go through being a good person and doing the right thing. Being a "nice" person. It doesn't just happen in love but in everything. I'm a nice person and I work hard, so that automatically earns me more work, more responsibility and more stress. Because people know they can count on me. Whereas, someone less reliable, they're not going to throw as much at them.

So yeah, you do get used being a "nice" person. You just have to figure out where you're going to draw the line, and say, 'I'm not going to be taken advantage of'. Who's worth it to go that extra mile for, and who isn't.

If a girl doesn't like you because you're "too nice" well, that's her loss. You can find someone better. It's worth it. And don't ever think being a nice guy is a bad thing because of people like that.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:41:21
@hoppy Said

You change it by CAREFULLY picking your women.
1. Don't fall for the first one that wiggles her a** in your direction.
2. Never put a woman on a pedestle.
3. Be polite but don't get all slobbery over them.
4. NEVER let them think you will do anything for them. That's what they are supposed to do for you.
5. Once you have a woman in your truck, (nice tits. Get in the truck) the only thing they need to remember after that is, show up naked, with beer.

I'm not being rude. I'm being 'down home'.

I understand ya hoppy. To be honest I almost fell for #1. I didn't do #2 I was only polite I'm not sure of #4 and with some of the things she pulled #5 seems almost impossible because my feelings are completely gone.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:44:23
@CharmmyVee Said

It's just what you go through being a good person and doing the right thing. Being a "nice" person. It doesn't just happen in love but in everything. I'm a nice person and I work hard, so that automatically earns me more work, more responsibility and more stress. Because people know they can count on me. Whereas, someone less reliable, they're not going to throw as much at them.

So yeah, you do get used being a "nice" person. You just have to figure out where you're going to draw the line, and say, 'I'm not going to be taken advantage of'. Who's worth it to go that extra mile for, and who isn't.

If a girl doesn't like you because you're "too nice" well, that's her loss. You can find someone better. It's worth it. And don't ever think being a nice guy is a bad thing because of people like that.

Thanks CharmmyVee. I had to ask this though. Sometimes I feel that my niceness led to her leading me on and playing with my emotions to the point where I got tired of it. I think and hope she's done playing this game because I am.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#6New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:45:28
if a woman cant accept you for who you are they should not be worth your time never change who you are imo
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:46:21
I got a great guy, they don't always come in last

At your age it's not your time....go out, have fun, have some flings & in your mid 20's when girls are sick of 'bad boys' & are starting to hanker after a nice man, that's where you walk in

This works the same for women too.
CharmmyVee On November 24, 2012

Deleted

Here, way out here, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:47:44
@CPat92 Said

Thanks CharmmyVee. I had to ask this though. Sometimes I feel that my niceness led to her leading me on and playing with my emotions to the point where I got tired of it. I think and hope she's done playing this game because I am.

Awww, yeah. I'm sorry. Some girls will do that to ya. If she's just playing with your heart it's probably time to move on and find somebody who will be more respectful of your feelings.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 08:53:18
@CPat92 Said

Don't change who you are. In fact, be confident about it, about yourself, as the lack of it is really what turns off girls about nice guys, not so much the fact that they are nice.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#10New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 09:44:34
@boobear Said

I got a great guy, they don't always come in last

At your age it's not your time....go out, have fun, have some flings & in your mid 20's when girls are sick of 'bad boys' & are starting to hanker after a nice man, that's where you walk in

This works the same for women too.

I hear that quite often from both girls and guys. It's interesting, to say the least.
Silly_Me On April 22, 2020

In a cave, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 11:27:20
I know lots of nice guys but what stood out with 'my nice guy' was his humour and sense of fun, his confidence and dare I say it, his physical appearance and smell. There is more to it that just being nice, nice but boring, nice but humourless or nice but smelly wouldn't do it for me, I'm sure this goes both ways.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 13:05:23
Some girls want nothing more than a nice guy. It took me a while but I found one, they are like diamonds in the rough but very mcuh worht the wait. Do not try to change who you are, if you are a good guy, stand up and be proud of that. Show the girls that you are a good guy- agreed though, do try to balance that with not being taken advantage of though.

Im the female equivelant and have been taken advantage of and messed about something terrible by guys who could see that they were ab;le to do that to me. Stand your ground and be proud of who you are- the right girl who will be worth your time will come by and you will see that she appreciates you for who you are.

As has already been said, when you are in your 20s and the girsl have discovered that the 'excitement' of the bad boys is not actually excitement but hurt, they will be looking for the good guys. They do not always come last at all, they are winners in my eyes every time. My good guy is a gem and becuase of how he is with me, he completely has my heart, trust, love and desire to stay with him. Bad boys dont get that to the same degree from the girls who are really worth it
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 13:23:53
not all woman love bad guys ,thats just a complete generalisation and wrong , i could say that im fed up with guys always wanting someone who is perfect and body perfect who wakes up looking like a model , we dont do that either.
im sure someone is out there for you and the wait will be worth it x
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#14New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 16:05:04
I never really understood that statement.

How can it be that the nice guys always finish last?

In my opinion it all depends on what type of woman you're looking to hook up with doesn't it?

If the woman you're looking to hook up with are always going for another type then maybe they are the 'women that finish last'.

Would you want that type of woman anyway? There are woman just like the 'nice guys' saying the exact same thing. What's the problem?

Maybe both 'nice men/women are looking in the wrong place for the wrong type therefore missing each other which together would make a perfect couple.

Finally, in my opinion it's not a gender thing it's a personality thing. Some men only want '10,s' and won't accept anything less and some women only want '10,s' and won't accept anything less all the while they themselves are all average people and all are looking for the elusive most wanted quality of all 'LOVE' and that is in no way related to the outer person at all.

'Looks' will get someone through a door, 'personality and heart' will keep them in and that's for both genders.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 16:13:09
@rosexthorn Said

I never really understood that statement.

'Looks' will get someone through a door, 'personality and heart' will keep them in and that's for both genders.

Spot on. Its a comment that I have always been bewildered by, women who want to be treated well should be natrually drawn to good guys, At least those who appear to be good. Totally agree with the last part especially, look are not as important as personality for long term love
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs