New presidential duty: The 'kill list'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 20:39:10
Quote:
The nation learned details this week of a new and deadly presidential duty: The 'kill list."

https://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/06/new-obama-duty-the-kill-list/1?csp=24&kjnd=ExXaE74YLNpgpqM0p3TlI9TjrdfbYMI1N2kkAyiDm6KBfHuI05PscM8464%2FCHHKi-4793df1a-34d4-4b92-b0d9-45e9db1be1f1_TgXhK%2FSzs5o8p2OiSoCCT8tUzAiwbe2PfyAu1PTpa4Jtv2sim7hisy08QUZbGzRV

a kind of special troika on targeted killings" of suspected al Qaeda members and other terrorists
That's crzy. To get on the kill list onthos yearbook type charts all it takes is to be 'suspected '?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 20:54:45
remember the iraq war playing cards?
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 20:56:14
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201205218114/david-cameron-chelsea-victory/

Obama loves watching shoot-outs.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#4New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:17:51
@white_swan53 Said

https://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/06/new-obama-duty-the-kill-list/1?csp=24&kjnd=ExXaE74YLNpgpqM0p3TlI9TjrdfbYMI1N2kkAyiDm6KBfHuI05PscM8464%2FCHHKi-4793df1a-34d4-4b92-b0d9-45e9db1be1f1_TgXhK%2FSzs5o8p2OiSoCCT8tUzAiwbe2PfyAu1PTpa4Jtv2sim7hisy08QUZbGzRV

a kind of special troika on targeted killings" of suspected al Qaeda members and other terrorists
That's crzy. To get on the kill list onthos yearbook type charts all it takes is to be 'suspected '?

Remember when Gitmo was the worst thing you could do to a terrorist?

so who would you rather be, a terrorist caught and sent to Gitmo or some poor mother and her child that was unlucky enough to be walking by the place obama decided to bomb that day because a "suspected" terrorist might be there??
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#5New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:29:53
Does anyone really believe that President Obama is the first president with a kill list? Does anyone really believe that former presidents didn't authorize or not authorize killings by the CIA or other government agencies in the past? Does anyone think that spy movie stuff isn't based at least loosely on reality? Naive if you think that.

As for bombing an area and hitting innocents due to a suspected terrorist being somewhere, yes it happens, probably not so much on the direct instruction of the president as much as on the direction of other military personnel, but I don't think that is the type of killing this article is referring to. These would be more of your black ops type thing, where you target the individual, you go in, do the deed and get out.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#6New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:33:00
@alk1975 Said

Does anyone really believe that President Obama is the first president with a kill list? Does anyone really believe that former presidents didn't authorize or not authorize killings by the CIA or other government agencies in the past? Does anyone think that spy movie stuff isn't based at least loosely on reality? Naive if you think that.

As for bombing an area and hitting innocents due to a suspected terrorist being somewhere, yes it happens, probably not so much on the direct instruction of the president as much as on the direction of other military personnel, but I don't think that is the type of killing this article is referring to. These would be more of your black ops type thing, where you target the individual, you go in, do the deed and get out.

He's the first one to be doing so brazenly and justifying the extra-judicial murder of anyone he so chooses... jeez, even Bush wasn't this off his rocker
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#7New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:35:17
@white_swan53 Said

Actually, the Obama doctrine states that anyone who is of legal military age (+18) and is in the area of Al Qaeda is automatically a terrorist, hence the extremely low civilian death count. Its because, under Obama, we are ALL presumed guilty until proven innocent. ... What is this Constitution thing you speak of? Shred that old worthless doctrine! We got folks to murder errr... I mean... INSURGENTS to halt!
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#8New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:36:03
@TheMuse Said

so who would you rather be, a terrorist caught and sent to Gitmo or some poor mother and her child that was unlucky enough to be walking by the place obama decided to bomb that day because a "suspected" terrorist might be there??

Oh the good ol' days of Gitmo...

Jackson, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:38:29
@Tar Said

He's the first one to be doing so brazenly and justifying the extra-judicial murder of anyone he so chooses... jeez, even Bush wasn't this off his rocker

Bulls***. It happened early in his term and you are just now hearing about it, the team was making decisions on names handed to them by the military. You really think this wasn't already happening, but that Obama happens to be the president that got caught so to speak? I figure it is exactly the same as has been going on for years, probably at least back as far as the 60s. We just didn't hear about it before.

Jackson, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:40:07
@Tar Said

Actually, the Obama doctrine states that anyone who is of legal military age (+18) and is in the area of Al Qaeda is automatically a terrorist, hence the extremely low civilian death count. Its because, under Obama, we are ALL presumed guilty until proven innocent. ... What is this Constitution thing you speak of? Shred that old worthless doctrine! We got folks to murder errr... I mean... INSURGENTS to halt!

The constitution is for US citizens. Those in the area of Al Qaeda typically wouldn't be US citizens, so this is fear mongering at it's finest from you.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:44:10
@alk1975 Said

I was expecting a totally different person to show up with the age old question
'Does anyone really believe that President Obama is the first president with a kill list? '
Now for you.

I have a link to my info about Obama..And until I see your link to other presidents and their kill list , Yes I do think Obama is the first.

Jackson, Missouri
#12New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:45:19
@white_swan53 Said

I was expecting a totally different person to show up with the age old question
'Does anyone really believe that President Obama is the first president with a kill list? '
Now for you.

I have a link to my info about Obama..And until I see your link to other presidents and their kill list , Yes I do think Obama is the first.

I don't have a link, just really have always believed this occurs. Just because he is the first we have a link for does not make him the first.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#13New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:47:20
@alk1975 Said

Bulls***. It happened early in his term and you are just now hearing about it, the team was making decisions on names handed to them by the military. You really think this wasn't already happening, but that Obama happens to be the president that got caught so to speak? I figure it is exactly the same as has been going on for years, probably at least back as far as the 60s. We just didn't hear about it before.

No, you missed my point. I was trying to say that he is the first president to say it is legal to kill anyone and he is the first president to preside over the signing of a document that outright eradicates Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus as well as have a Chief Legal office (Holder) to say its acceptable for the president to issue orders to kill anyone INCLUDING americans without ANY trial or even public acknowledgement. He is the first to stand in the spotlight and say "f*** you all, I am above the law and there is nothing you can do about it". The other guys at least were afraid of being caught. He simply doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks because he has made it brazenly clear that he and his group are above the law

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:48:16
@TheMuse Said

Well after giving it some thought, to-be a suspected terrorist and go to Gitmo to be tortured and treated less the the lowest animal on earth ,,, or to be a mother and child who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and get blown to hell and back .

I'm going for the mother and child and blown to hell and back .
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#15New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 01:48:22
@alk1975 Said

The constitution is for US citizens. Those in the area of Al Qaeda typically wouldn't be US citizens, so this is fear mongering at it's finest from you.

Who was that Anwar Al-Awlaki guy again? More like wilful ignorance from you
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs