Pop

New Taylor Swift Album!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
laylat25 On December 10, 2010

Lakewood, California
#1New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 22:28:05
Have you guys heard Taylor Swift's new album? It's amaaaaazing! I just got mine today =] and it was only $3.99 on Amazon. It might only be a temporary deal though! https://amzn.to/dv29nq
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 22:53:41
@laylat25 Said

...and it was only $3.99 on Amazon. It might only be a temporary deal though! https://amzn.to/dv29nq

What you bought was an mp3-download, not the CD.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#3New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:24:56
@laylat25 Said

Have you guys heard Taylor Swift's new album? It's amaaaaazing! I just got mine today =] and it was only $3.99 on Amazon. It might only be a temporary deal though! https://amzn.to/dv29nq

Nevermind, I'll be nice.

I wish I got all the hoopla about her. I just haven't been able to get it yet...

I've even tried.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:31:30
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

What you bought was an mp3-download, not the CD.

Makes me wonder how many people listen to music at it's full sample rate these days.

As for Taylor Swift, I know little about her, but from what I've heard, she sounds a bit America friendly
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:47:47
@davii Said

As for Taylor Swift, I know little about her, but from what I've heard, she sounds a bit America friendly

And that's a bad thing?
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#8New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:50:32
@davii Said

Makes me wonder how many people listen to music at it's full sample rate these days.

Is America Friendly an insult or a good thing in your opinion?

She's very sweet and wholesome, I'll give her that. She isn't tramped out like a lot of poplets her age which is a refreshing change.

Im just trying to get how everyone loves her music. It sounds awfully teeny bopperish to me. But I am not a music authority so everyone should take my opinion with a grain of salt. lol
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#9New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:54:48
@GSnap Said

She's very sweet and wholesome, I'll give her that. She isn't tramped out like a lot of poplets her age which is a refreshing change.

Im just trying to get how everyone loves her music. It sounds awfully teeny bopperish to me.

Is is teen centered. She tends to focus on "young love" as in high-school young love. I mean...and really that's the thing I don't like about her, because she's got some lyrical depth and some great melodies...it's just that I don't want to be singing along to a song that goes "and my daddy said no"...

But...I think she's pretty decent...wish her lyrics were a bit more mature but at the same time, I like that its not about sexuality and having everything perfect or getting revenge on the guy. It's about making mistakes and stuff.

Ehh...some songs of hers I like.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#10New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:58:00
@boobagins Said

Is is teen centered. She tends to focus on "young love" as in high-school young love. I mean...and really that's the thing I don't like about her, because she's got some lyrical depth and some great melodies...it's just that I don't want to be singing along to a song that goes "and my daddy said no"...

But...I think she's pretty decent...wish her lyrics were a bit more mature but at the same time, I like that its not about sexuality and having everything perfect or getting revenge on the guy. It's about making mistakes and stuff.

Ehh...some songs of hers I like.

Oh i think her lyrics are perfect for teenage girls, that part I do get. What gets me confused is that there are a lot of older people, and mid twenty something people who typically only like hip hop or
R & B who say (speaking of some friends of mine in particular) things like "I have to confess I'm a taylor swift fan". That is the part I'm trying to get. I even like some of britney spears music as much as I dislike her, herself, but that is only because she has some good dance stuff. Taylor's isn't really dance style and I guess I haven't heard any of the songs that are 'lyrically deep' yet. Admittedly I have only heard the few top 40 songs she has done.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:58:08
@boobagins Said

And that's a bad thing?

@GSnap Said

Im just trying to get how everyone loves her music. It sounds awfully teeny bopperish to me. But I am not a music authority so everyone should take my opinion with a grain of salt. lol

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that that's the impression I've been given, rightly or wrongly.

That impression being, that she ticks the parent approval box, which [I'm guessing] is a more important thing in America than it is here in the UK and promoted accordingly.
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#12New Post! Oct 28, 2010 @ 23:59:28
I passed by one of her CDs in Tescos once...
MyPrecious On November 29, 2010
give it to me baby

Deleted

Middle of nowhere, Oklahoma
#13New Post! Oct 29, 2010 @ 00:00:23
cause when your 15, and somebody tells you they love you, your gonna believe them
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#14New Post! Oct 29, 2010 @ 00:00:26
@davii Said

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that that's the impression I've been given, rightly or wrongly.

That impression being, that she ticks the parent approval box, which [I'm guessing] is a more important thing in America than it is here in the UK and promoted accordingly.

I think you possibly hit the nail on the head(at least for the case of many) and that might possibly be why she has crossed over so many age groups and genres.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#15New Post! Oct 29, 2010 @ 00:00:59
@Bimbo Said

I passed by one of her CDs in Tescos once...

I'm gonna take a wild leap here and guess you didn't buy it?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs