Neti Pots

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#1New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:40:14
Being an allergy sufferer, I've asked for advice on here before and someone was kind enough to suggest a neti pot. This thing, honestly, freaks me out However, my doctor told me today "get a neti pot! I promise, you will notice a difference the first time you use it!" I, of course, didn't believe her I had to drop off the new prescriptions (another nasal spray, allergy eye drops and new asthma med) and decided to pick the silly thing up on my way out.

(this is a neti pot for anyone who's not sure!)

I read the paper, looked at it, put it back in the box. Later, looked at it again, read the paper again, put it back in the box. Repeated this a few times, before deciding to just try it. Apparently, if you mix your saline solution properly it shouldn't burn or anything, and it didn't so I must've done it right

Anyway, I used it, then jumped in the shower, and now, I'm sitting here a couple of hours later and realize I can breathe! Not as well as I should be able to but definitely better than I have been for a while. Funny since I didn't really think it would work. I guess I'll keep using it for a while and see how it goes, but I hate admitting that something I don't want to try works
LedZap On January 28, 2010

Deleted

In a nightmare,
#2New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:43:34
How do you mix it so it burns?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#3New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:44:00
eww, i just had to look that up on wikipedia, and it sounds horrible
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#4New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:45:08
Mine came with packets of dry solution that you mix with luke warm water. It says the water should be about the same temperature as your body, or as close to it as you can get it. Too hot or too cold and it burns. I tested the water on my wrist before I mixed it. It didn't burn, so I must've had it close enough.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#5New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:45:48
@Pete Said

eww, i just had to look that up on wikipedia, and it sounds horrible

I know it does and I really didn't want to use this thing!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:47:11
Tiger has told me before to use one, but I dunno
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#7New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:47:11
@Wingsy Said

I know it does and I really didn't want to use this thing!

Didn't help that wikipedia has a picture of a guy doing, with the pot in one nose, and all the gunk coming out the other
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#8New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:49:32
@plebian_angel Said

Tiger has told me before to use one, but I dunno

I swear, I'm a believer in the power of the neti pot now! I have other nasal sprays and stuff, but my doctor thinks it'll definitely help me with the pollen and mold, since at this time of year I can't get away from them.

@Pete Said

Didn't help that wikipedia has a picture of a guy doing, with the pot in one nose, and all the gunk coming out the other

Ew! I intentionally chose a harmless picture with nothing nasty!
LedZap On January 28, 2010

Deleted

In a nightmare,
#9New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:49:40
It looks like if you rub it , a genie will appear.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#10New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 00:50:43
@LedZap Said

It looks like if you rub it , a genie will appear.

Well, you can try, but I think you'll be disappointed.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#11New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:03:18
@Wingsy Said

Being an allergy sufferer, I've asked for advice on here before and someone was kind enough to suggest a neti pot. This thing, honestly, freaks me out However, my doctor told me today "get a neti pot! I promise, you will notice a difference the first time you use it!" I, of course, didn't believe her I had to drop off the new prescriptions (another nasal spray, allergy eye drops and new asthma med) and decided to pick the silly thing up on my way out.

(this is a neti pot for anyone who's not sure!)

I read the paper, looked at it, put it back in the box. Later, looked at it again, read the paper again, put it back in the box. Repeated this a few times, before deciding to just try it. Apparently, if you mix your saline solution properly it shouldn't burn or anything, and it didn't so I must've done it right

Anyway, I used it, then jumped in the shower, and now, I'm sitting here a couple of hours later and realize I can breathe! Not as well as I should be able to but definitely better than I have been for a while. Funny since I didn't really think it would work. I guess I'll keep using it for a while and see how it goes, but I hate admitting that something I don't want to try works

My sinuses are severe and I can't use any prescriptions for it at all. Now I know what it looks like, what it's called but what do you do with it? I'd LOVE to be able to breath again..
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#12New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:06:29
You use it to flush out your sinuses. Without giving too much detail, you mix the saline solution with lukewarm water, then pour it slowly into one nostril and it flow through the sinus cavity and out the other. Then you repeat the process on the other side. It's a weird feeling, and at first I just felt like I had to blow my nose, and I don't have perfect breathing now, but it's better.

WebMD offered some information and advice on their page here that may be useful, too
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:13:27
@Wingsy Said

You use it to flush out your sinuses. Without giving too much detail, you mix the saline solution with lukewarm water, then pour it slowly into one nostril and it flow through the sinus cavity and out the other. Then you repeat the process on the other side. It's a weird feeling, and at first I just felt like I had to blow my nose, and I don't have perfect breathing now, but it's better.

WebMD offered some information and advice on their page here that may be useful, too

I'll be trying it for sure. Can't wait to feel air going through my nostrils again even if it's only a little air.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:18:49
WebMD said most people use it every day until symptoms subside and then 3 times weekly.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#15New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:22:26
@Wingsy Said

WebMD said most people use it every day until symptoms subside and then 3 times weekly.

I've got Chronic Sinusitis and expect to be using it everyday. Anything is better than nothing. Thanks!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs