Negitive Self Beliefs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! Sep 18, 2014 @ 12:46:10
So I haven't had a car for the last year and a half.
I finally have one again.

Suddenly my mood seems lifted.

But why should getting some metal, rubber, plastic and fabric all joined together make such an impact on my life.

Well its simple really.

Negative Self Beliefs.

I was letting the fact that I didn't have a car rule my life to an extent.

I was letting it make my feel sub human and not worthy.

However this was sub conscious, so I wasn't aware of this thought process.

Does having a car/not having a car really make any difference on your own self worth. Well only if you let it. Subjectively it can but realistically it shouldn't make any difference at all. It doesn't stop you being you.

Negative Self Beliefs, normally stupid, yet quite often very powerful.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#2New Post! Sep 18, 2014 @ 13:18:01
Cars offer a certain amount of freedom. That is probably why you are feeling better. You're free and don't have to rely on public transportation schedules or rides from friends. You can go where you want when you want!

Do you think it affected your self worth because you didn't want to rely on anyone to get you from point A to point B? Whether it's relying on the bus driver to be on time or whatever other transportation means you required?

It's all about the freedom!

and congrats on the new car!

Banned

#3New Post! Sep 18, 2014 @ 13:21:18
@floydgirrl Said

Cars offer a certain amount of freedom. That is probably why you are feeling better. You're free and don't have to rely on public transportation schedules or rides from friends. You can go where you want when you want!

Do you think it affected your self worth because you didn't want to rely on anyone to get you from point A to point B? Whether it's relying on the bus driver to be on time or whatever other transportation means you required?

It's all about the freedom!

and congrats on the new car!

I dont the exact reason, but I know deep down, I felt I want complete because I didnt have a car.

But yeah do feel more free as well. Feel a hell of a lot more freedom.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Sep 27, 2014 @ 23:20:27
I need exercise more than I do any more debt.

Not owning a car and living only fifteen minutes from town has been a salvation.

I've been recently lifted in spirits as well but it was because I got my anti-psychotics back (not a new car).

Also the Equinox is here: Celestia & Nightmare Moon have agreed to disagree.

The Zodiac dial gears have broken loose scattering dust and debris from the face of our fathers' anicent clock.

It now, with rickety hesitance, stutters & clicks backwards to Pisces. Time of the Buddah yet again.

And no....I'm not on drugs.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Sep 27, 2014 @ 23:27:31
Shine on you crazy Clock-Work Hell.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 10:16:59
I dont have a car, and besides not being able to get an STD in the next town at 3am when some floozy on POF wands a bit of hows your father, I dont think that it has affected me, sure I tell the occasional white lie like"Oh yeah, I sold it as I cant afford insurance and Tax" rather than saying I dont have one, but then I have never been able to drive so I suppose I wouldn't know anyway, lol.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 12:52:30
@Hypnotica Said

Negative Self Beliefs, normally stupid, yet quite often very powerful.

and often true.

I emphasize self-control over self-esteem.

Deleted

#8New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 12:54:10
@Dredd Said

I dont have a car, and besides not being able to get an STD in the next town at 3am when some floozy on POF wands a bit of hows your father, I dont think that it has affected me, sure I tell the occasional white lie like"Oh yeah, I sold it as I cant afford insurance and Tax" rather than saying I dont have one, but then I have never been able to drive so I suppose I wouldn't know anyway, lol.

I spend a minimum of two hours per day driving. The thrill is gone.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#9New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 13:39:26
@GreenAppleKing Said

and often true.

I emphasize self-control over self-esteem.

But a lot of your negative thoughts are re-enforced by other people making comments about you, either because they think they are in the right "You'll never get to that so just concentrate on this lower thing", for their own reasons "You'll never get to be the MD of your own company so just work harder as my PA" or because they are catty "You are s*** at everything you do" and depending on your belief structure in yourself, you will listen to them even if consously you're seething, you will accept it, or get depressed.

Thats not to say that people are hateful on purpose, they have their own set of unique(They think) circumstances that they have to deal with and are too busy worrying about their own lives to worry about hurting your feelings.

You need a very powerful self belief structure to not fall into the trap of negativity.

Deleted

#10New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 13:42:38
@Dredd Said

But a lot of your negative thoughts are re-enforced by other people making comments about you, either because they think they are in the right "You'll never get to that so just concentrate on this lower thing", for their own reasons "You'll never get to be the MD of your own company so just work harder as my PA" or because they are catty "You are s*** at everything you do" and depending on your belief structure in yourself, you will listen to them even if consously you're seething, you will accept it, or get depressed.

Thats not to say that people are hateful on purpose, they have their own set of unique(They think) circumstances that they have to deal with and are too busy worrying about their own lives to worry about hurting your feelings.

You need a very powerful self belief structure to not fall into the trap of negativity.

I need a powerful belief structure. It doesn't have to be about me.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 13:46:30
i think first indepence thing in our life is to a driver licence. as a teenager that our first step to become adult. drive a car alone is showing your parents, that you are mature. at least, a start. even a adult, without your own car, you feel that not indepence anymore. you can rent a car, that still will give you independence. when you depend on someone else, like bus driver, or someone else drive you somewhere. that will give self doubts about yourself. even negitive self beliefs of yourself, not having your car, is a normal feeling.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#12New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 14:01:26
@GreenAppleKing Said

I need a powerful belief structure. It doesn't have to be about me.

Maybe it doesnt, but it dose have to be more powerful than the naysayers.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#13New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 14:06:45
@twilitezone911 Said

i think first indepence thing in our life is to a driver licence. as a teenager that our first step to become adult. drive a car alone is showing your parents, that you are mature. at least, a start. even a adult, without your own car, you feel that not indepence anymore. you can rent a car, that still will give you independence. when you depend on someone else, like bus driver, or someone else drive you somewhere. that will give self doubts about yourself. even negitive self beliefs of yourself, not having your car, is a normal feeling.

For me, the ability to pick up a few items out of the shed and just go for a few days was more liberating and freedom than owning a car, if I wanted to go further afield I could get a coach, if not a few days walk and sleep where I wanted was as good as driving, and the good thing about walking? there are no DUI laws that say I cant have a drink then walk some more, there are deffinatly DUI laws that say I cant go for a drink and then drive somewhere else
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 16:11:37
I do that about having a boyfriend.

Banned

#15New Post! Sep 28, 2014 @ 18:51:05
@Silver_Lining Said

I do that about having a boyfriend.

You shouldnt.

I was talking to a mate about this last night. How many people have settled for a relationship do you think just for the sake of a relationship? I reckon there is a reason there is such a high divorce rate and many unhappy relationships, people just dont know their own self worth so they settle for whatever comes along.

Personally Id rather stay single for a while and get into a serious relationship with someone who is on the same level as me.

That said I had to go through a pretty crappy relationship to finally develop a sense of self worth. Then I decided that sometimes being single isnt too bad, better than being with someone for the sake of a relationship.

Anyway thats just my own personal view.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs