AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Cabo On October 26, 2010

~<'))))><, Florida
#1New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:27:37
Negative Points Editing Post

You Notice:after you submit the post.
That you have spelling errors
Multiple posted quotes that you didn't want included.
Or It just don't look right - JDLR.

You immediately edit your post and you get -1 or -2 points for keeping your posts correct. Why edit posts then, just going to lose points.

My Wish:
How about a 3 minute timer to edit post without negative points deduction?
Thanks, Just my opinion.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#2New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:31:41
I agree.
I noticed that along with another issue.

I think it's just server excess loads causing this but,
Sometimes even though I see Person X posted notice. I can't seem to go to that New Page (It's not showing up)

So to get around, I make a post viewing Page #X-1 so that my new post gets onto Page #X and THEN I can see the user's post.

I edit that "test" post and got - points
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:32:00
or how about no negative posts for editing???

I understand the losing points if you delete lets say a journal or have a post deleted..

but why penalize for editing?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:35:30
If you delete a large part of a post, it will take away points, It is to discourage the "dirty delete" where someone says something the goes back and removes it later. usually in an attempt to "pretend it wasn't said" or typing for a lot of points then editing later so that random typing is not there anymore.

If its just fixing a spelling error or switching a few words its usually ok, I can usually edit small mistakes. Its just removing chunks of text that gets the penalty. But yeah usually removing quotes would do it, You can also use the preview button to see what it would look like before you send.
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#5New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:37:03
@DiscordTiger Said

If you delete a lot of a post, it will take away points, It is to discourage the "dirty delete" where someone says something the goes back and removes it later. usually in an attempt to "pretend it wasn't said" or typing for a lot of points then editing later so that randomness is not there anymore.

If its just fixing a spelling error or switching a few words its usually ok, I can usually edit small mistakes. Its just removing chunks of text that gets the penalty. But yeah usually removing quotes would do it, You can also use the preview button to see what it would look like before you send.

well see I'd agree with that if it were actually the case.

but I've edited like one or two words from a full on paragraph and I lost my measly three little points plus another for editing..
I was mugged I tell ya.. Mugged
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#6New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:40:38
Then maybe its just not working correctly. Or I misunderstood how it was supposed to work. Personally, I have only seen the point loss when I removed quotes. I may not have been observant enough. I can test stuff out.

Though I usually edit to add not delete content
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#7New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:44:40
deleted intentionally
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

#8New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:47:19
@DiscordTiger Said

Then maybe its just not working correctly. Or I misunderstood how it was supposed to work. Personally, I have only seen the point loss when I removed quotes. I can test stuff out.

Ya I think you're right. I'd read it somewhere when I read through FAQs (yes I was making usre I didn't miss anything in new TFS!). But it doesn't work all the times with 1-2 words ones I guess (rare though). No biggie though, only -1 or -2 for those.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:58:30
The feature is only about a couple months old.

Now when you edit, it always says you earned 0 points, on that post, but unless the point number changes on a post you really didn't loose any. You just never gain any points on edit, just like a PM.
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#10New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:00:35
@DiscordTiger Said

The feature is only about a couple months old.

Now when you edit, it always says you earned 0 points, on that post, but unless the point number changes on a post you really didn't loose any. You just never gain any points on edit, just like a PM.

maybe mine was just a fluke
Cabo On October 26, 2010

~<'))))><, Florida
#11New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:10:29
@JuanSmith Said

I understand the losing points if you delete lets say a journal or have a post deleted..

Ditto on that!
Cabo On October 26, 2010

~<'))))><, Florida
#12New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:18:35
@JuanSmith Said

@DiscordTiger Said

If you delete a large part of a post, it will take away points, It is to discourage the "dirty delete" where someone says something the goes back and removes it later. usually in an attempt to "pretend it wasn't said" or typing for a lot of points then editing later so that random typing is not there anymore.

Editing a post should be allowed in a reasonable time period. I can understand going back 20 pages and deleting a post would be huge NO NO. But let's say you "paste" (which brings up another topic) regardless of how small or large like a 600 word copy paste that has some BB-code related character's throughout that changed the entire
look. YES i do post without looking at my preview sometimes .
Cabo On October 26, 2010

~<'))))><, Florida
#13New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:26:22
@Ko Said

I agree.
I noticed that along with another issue.

I think it's just server excess loads causing this but,
Sometimes even though I see Person X posted notice. I can't seem to go to that New Page (It's not showing up)

So to get around, I make a post viewing Page #X-1 so that my new post gets onto Page #X and THEN I can see the user's post.

I edit that "test" post and got - points

I'm confused - your post is not showing up?
then you go to X-1 page.
Then you edit your post.
is that correct?
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

#14New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:30:32
@Cabo Said

I'm confused - your post is not showing up?
then you go to X-1 page.
Then you edit your post.
is that correct?

You know when the number of posts on that page is full and about to go to next page? Say

I posted as the last person on Page 9.
Another person after me posted as first person on Page 10.

Page 10 wasn't showing up on navigation for me at all, refresh, cache cleaning, doesn't work.

So I made a post from any of Page 1-9/reply. My post landed as second on Page 10, THEN Page 10 shows in navigation. (I made a post saying "this is a test post to make Page X show" so that other posters won't say WTH's he's posting)

Ya, it's confusing by itself.
Cabo On October 26, 2010

~<'))))><, Florida
#15New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 08:33:11
@Ko Said

You know when the number of posts on that page is full and about to go to next page? Say

I posted as the last person on Page 9.
Another person after me posted as first person on Page 10.

Page 10 wasn't showing up on navigation for me at all, refresh, cache cleaning, doesn't work.

So I made a post from any of Page 1-9/reply. My post landed as second on Page 10, THEN Page 10 shows in navigation. (I made a post saying "this is a test post to make Page X show" so that other posters won't say WTH's he's posting)

Ya, it's confusing by itself.

I see what your saying now.. yeah I know. catches me off guard too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs