Family

Need some advice

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#1New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 15:56:43
My dad called my mum the other day (their divorced) and told her he is retired now and he sold up his business and wants to give me and my brother a lot of money i'm torn in two about this situation this money will benefit me in many ways hut i don't really like my dad i forgave him for what he has done in the past to my mum and me my bro wont forgive him and does not want his share of this money.. he gave mum some to but this has always been dad he bought us as children and it feels like that all over again my mum says i should take it but i dont know

help.. what would you do?
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#2New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:02:20
I'd probably refuse it with a clear message that my love can't be bought and I don't like being manipulated, unless I really hated him, in which case I'd take the money and continue to keep my distance regardless.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:03:10
depends on the implications really, is he expecting you to want to see him if he gives you the money? or is it just a goodwill gesture?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:05:13
Depends. If you do need the money then take it, but if not then decline and make it clear that you don't want to be bought.

, Minnesota
#5New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:07:51
ohh i dont think he wants in our lives now we wised up to that game in our early teens lol but i dont know the reason he is doing it

, Minnesota
#6New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:10:15
@sister_of_mercy Said

Depends. If you do need the money then take it, but if not then decline and make it clear that you don't want to be bought.

i could always use the money lol it would make up for at least 15 birthdays and Christmases he missed i think my bro he be pissed at me if i take it you can see the bind
The Dragon is in....

#7New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:12:18
@maximillion Said

ohh i dont think he wants in our lives now we wised up to that game in our early teens lol but i dont know the reason he is doing it

Its probably to do with a sense of pride on his part then. Sounds as if he has retired and realised he doesn't have those that should be around him (his kids) and this is his way of attempting to say sorry... If he wants no further contact with you then I would accept the money and make your own happiness
DivineBeautii On August 26, 2012

, New York
#8New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:13:43
@maximillion Said

thats tuff I have alot of pride and im stubborn to take the money even if i need it and then to still know deep down how I feel about him I won't take it and also because I don't like ppl giving me stuff to throw it in my face later so I prefer to struggle and know I did it own my own...
The Dragon is in....

#9New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:15:52
@maximillion Said

i could always use the money lol it would make up for at least 15 birthdays and Christmases he missed i think my bro he be pissed at me if i take it you can see the bind

that for me is a bit of too much pride on jays part also if this had happened to me and my brother then I know we would both take the money. We both need it and it would help alot. Life is all about money...if you have it you can do alot. Aslong as the money isn't ill gotten then I would have no problem accepting
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:15:54
Take the money, he wants to make amends. Why turn it down?

, Minnesota
#11New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:16:46
@Elite_Dragon Said

Its probably to do with a sense of pride on his part then. Sounds as if he has retired and realised he doesn't have those that should be around him (his kids) and this is his way of attempting to say sorry... If he wants no further contact with you then I would accept the money and make your own happiness

yeah i agree i wouldn't have anything to do with him outside a phone call though he lives all the way up Scotland lol
DivineBeautii On August 26, 2012

, New York
#12New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:16:49
but I mean yea like you said he kinda sorta owes you for 15 b days and christmas's idk i would be just as stuck as you

Depends I guess on his motives
The Dragon is in....

#13New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:19:05
@maximillion Said

yeah i agree i wouldn't have anything to do with him outside a phone call though he lives all the way up Scotland lol

Then you know my opinion mate there is no indication as to how much money in the thread here but if it is enough for you to make a more enjoyable life for you then do it

, Minnesota
#14New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:20:43
@DivineBeautii Said

thats tuff I have alot of pride and im stubborn to take the money even if i need it and then to still know deep down how I feel about him I won't take it and also because I don't like ppl giving me stuff to throw it in my face later so I prefer to struggle and know I did it own my own...

yeah its uber creepy for him to come out the blue and do this i'm happy he gave some to mum though or i would have just giver her mine
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#15New Post! Nov 08, 2011 @ 16:21:04
From all that you have just posted, I say take the money.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs