My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
NYC Terrorist
November 01, 2017 @ 08:39:30 pm
I do not believe I have ever agreed with that nice President Trump but his suggestion to send the NYC terrorist to Gitmo seems like a good idea to me.

Sure it is hot and humid with the occasional hurricane but he could hang out with the other terrorists. Could waterboard him to make him feel at home.

Quote | Reply

mrmhead

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 11:53:18 am
He murdered on American soil, he should be executed on American soil.

in 2005 Vice-President d*** Cheney dismissed accusations that the camp was, in the words of one Red Cross report, a place of “humiliating acts.” He said of the prisoners, “They’re living in the tropics. They’re well fed. They’ve got everything they could possibly want. There isn’t any other nation in the world that would treat people who were determined to kill Americans the way we’re treating these people.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/01/why-obama-has-failed-to-close-guantanamo
(looks like an interesting read if I get time)

If anything Trump should streamline the legal system so murderers and terrorists don't get to spend 10-15 years in jail blowing millions of dollars on legal fees trying to get out of it.
... of course the lawyers and prosecutors would think otherwise.

Erimitus

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 02:19:39 pm
@mrmhead Said

He murdered on American soil, he should be executed on American soil.

in 2005 Vice-President d*** Cheney dismissed accusations that the camp was, in the words of one Red Cross report, a place of “humiliating acts.” He said of the prisoners, “They’re living in the tropics. They’re well fed. They’ve got everything they could possibly want. There isn’t any other nation in the world that would treat people who were determined to kill Americans the way we’re treating these people.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/01/why-obama-has-failed-to-close-guantanamo
(looks like an interesting read if I get time)

If anything Trump should streamline the legal system so murderers and terrorists don't get to spend 10-15 years in jail blowing millions of dollars on legal fees trying to get out of it.
... of course the lawyers and prosecutors would think otherwise.

I stand corrected

I am usually against lynching but it does save a lot of money.

mrmhead

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 02:47:56 pm
@Erimitus Said

I stand corrected

Saudi Arabia has the execution process down pat, including beheadings and the occasional crucifixion - for those "special" criminals.

More than 100 this year! (reached in October)

Ghyda

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 04:03:23 pm
If Sayfullo Saipov thinks of himself as a warrior in a holy war, then put him in a POW camp where he could face a military court.

gakINGKONG

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 05:33:57 pm
@Erimitus Said
I do not believe I have ever agreed with that nice President Trump but his suggestion to send the NYC terrorist to Gitmo seems like a good idea to me.
Sure it is hot and humid with the occasional hurricane but he could hang out with the other terrorists. Could waterboard him to make him feel at home.

If waterboarding was a thing there it's been at least 15 years since it was authorized.

Erimitus

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 08:42:02 pm
@GAKingKong Said

If waterboarding was a thing there it's been at least 15 years since it was authorized.

As far as we know.

Terrorism (when they blow us up) is bad.

Counter terrorism (when we blow them up) is good.

Call my cynical but it seems to me this whole terrorism thing has nothing to do with Allha.

Willi

New Post! November 02, 2017 @ 09:31:11 pm
@Ghyda Said

If Sayfullo Saipov thinks of himself as a warrior in a holy war, then put him in a POW camp where he could face a military court.

Our rules would call for that path if he killed soldiers.
His war murdered civilians.

puzZles

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 12:18:58 am
@Erimitus Said

Call my cynical but it seems to me this whole terrorism thing has nothing to do with Allha.

Thumbs up!

Erimitus

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 04:45:38 am
@Willi Said

If the good guys (that is us) lob a missile at at military target and a few civilians are killed that is not murder of civilians; it is collateral damage. If the attacker is military (who is following orders) the attacker is not a murderer. The attacker is a hero. If the attacker is a civilian and civilians or militarily are killed, then it is murder. In that case the attacker should be given a fair trial and then hung by the neck until dead.

I suppose that police are para-military but they are discouraged from killing civilians unless the civilian has a gun or is wearing a hoody.

gakINGKONG

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 11:06:41 am
@Erimitus Said

As far as we know.

Terrorism (when they blow us up) is bad.

Counter terrorism (when we blow them up) is good.

I don't study other people's religions enough to say with most authority if that's true. But, I believe the real radical Islamist is the one who won't ever use these type of attacks.

Ghyda

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 02:46:40 pm
@Willi Said

Almost for sure, he will be tried in Federal Court in New York. And likely he doesn't know anything other than he read on the internet, so treating him as a POW would not produce useful information.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 03:12:03 pm
My understanding, which might be wrong, is that the culprit is a U.S. citizen.

As a U.S. citizen he should be treated as a U.S. citizen... arrested (done), charged, tried, sentenced and incarcerated (or put to death) in accordance with U.S. laws.

The idea that "we" might send a U.S. citizen to GITMO is abhorrent to me.

When "we" start sending U.S. citizens to off-shore prisons, we've entered a Brave New World[/i} like the one in 1984.... and anyone of us might be sent to one of the off-shore prisons for whatever reason our government sees fit, to never be seen or heard from again.

The fact that the President of the USA has made this suggestion, should frighten people.

IMO.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! November 03, 2017 @ 03:14:22 pm
@Willi Said

Actually our rules (aka our laws) do not.

The prisoners in GITMO were/are designated as enemy combatants, and were detained outside of the USA.

Our rules (aka laws) actually call for the culprit to handled as a citizen in accordance with US laws....not sent to GITMO.

bob_the_fisherman

Anatidaephobic

New Post! November 04, 2017 @ 12:14:45 am
@Erimitus Said

I stand corrected

Lynching? That word has far too many negative connotations for my liking. I think this type of thing needs to be rebranded to better suit the modern era. When we take a Muslim terrorist out into the streets and allow mob justice to prevail we should call it "Trumping." Then we could drag his severed head, dismembered limbs and distended intestines through the streets singing, "Trump hu akbar!"

This idea is full of win...

Pages: 1 2 · >>
Quote | Reply