Forums: Sports:
Football (US)

NFL season is here!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Kinshi86 On January 31, 2018

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Aug 13, 2016 @ 23:24:03
So, those of you in the states know that it's that time of year again, where we toss the pigskin around and cheer our favorite teams.

Whether, you do fantasy drafts or just watch your favorite team or are a league fanatic, keeping every stat and record you can, you try to watch every game and keep up with your team as they go through 26 weeks of teeth gritting, nerve wrenching on the edge of your seat games. Whether it is all up to a 45 yard field goal or a charge up the middle for a two point conversion.

Here is your chance to talk about your teams and the many weeks to come on the grid iron.

I live in Philadelphia and my team is the eagles! E A G L E S...EAGLES!!!

Grrrr.....YouTube acting up can't post fight song
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2016 @ 01:43:49
I watched several NFL Gridiron Football matches on TV last season and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it (although the breaks between plays are too long for my sporting upbringing).

I'm still not sure what team I want to cheer for. I'm not a glory seeker so I'm not just going to latch onto a team that wins a lot. I want to feel some sort of 'connection' for whatever reason.

I'm sure it'll be a good season though. Bring it on..!!

#3New Post! Aug 14, 2016 @ 01:47:13
@Jennifer1984 Said

I watched several NFL Gridiron Football matches on TV last season and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it (although the breaks between plays are too long for my sporting upbringing).

I'm still not sure what team I want to cheer for. I'm not a glory seeker so I'm not just going to latch onto a team that wins a lot. I want to feel some sort of 'connection' for whatever reason.

Thank you....I cant stand band wagoners. I've been an eagles fan through and through whether they do good or not.

Also, there are too many breaks. I agree with you there. Less commercials more play time.
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#4New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 05:28:17
Colts will win the Super Bowl. Heres 3 reasons why:

1. Andrew Luck- The best young quarterback since John Elway.
2. Revamped offensive line- Luck got hurt because he was constantly getting hit by 300 lb linebackers and was frequently running for his life.
3. Added bulk to our D line- Everyone knows the achillies heal of the Colts has been stopping the run. Well were making strides to fixing that problem.
4. Our young pass catchers- We have some of the best young receivers in the NFL. We have speed and size. Just gotta clean up the drops. Also have one of the best young TEs in the game. I think Allen had 8 TDs w only 29 catches a few years back (hurt last year)
5. Andrew Luck- Did I mention we have Luck? Cannon for an arm and a very good runner if the play breaks down.
SUPER BOWL BOUND 2016!!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 11:36:00
@Jennifer1984 Said

If you want a team that doesn't win much, cheer for the Cleveland Browns!!

I hear they're trying a new Pay-Per-View marketing strategy.
They'll pay you if you watch one of their games!

#6New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 13:17:01
@mrmhead Said

If you want a team that doesn't win much, cheer for the Cleveland Browns!!

I hear they're trying a new Pay-Per-View marketing strategy.
They'll pay you if you watch one of their games!

Not a Cleveland fan huh mrm? Only problems with the eagles are that they're coaching staff has been getting switched like crazy in the past few years. We've gone for Andy Reid to Chip Kelly, now we have Doug Pederson.

Chip Kelly really killed us though with all of those trades.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 13:36:21
@Kinshi86 Said

So, those of you in the states know that it's that time of year again, where we toss the pigskin around and cheer our favorite teams.

Whether, you do fantasy drafts or just watch your favorite team or are a league fanatic, keeping every stat and record you can, you try to watch every game and keep up with your team as they go through 26 weeks of teeth gritting, nerve wrenching on the edge of your seat games. Whether it is all up to a 45 yard field goal or a charge up the middle for a two point conversion.

Here is your chance to talk about your teams and the many weeks to come on the grid iron.

I live in Philadelphia and my team is the eagles! E A G L E S...EAGLES!!!

Grrrr.....YouTube acting up can't post fight song

It will be an interesting year for the Eagles for sure, with a new coach and system, Bradford vs. Wentz, and Matthews as the sole featured back (hope he can stay healthy!). I think that the Cowboys will win that division, though, with Romo and Dez back and Ezekiel Elliot balancing that offense for them.

@Jennifer1984 Said

You are luckier than us stateside fans in that you can purchase a legal subscription to NFL Game Pass and watch any team's games live and/or at a time of your choosing on your computer or Apple TV. We can only watch local team games live, although we can watch any team's games after completion with NFL Game Pass

Become a Chargers fan if you want to root for a team that has yet to win a Super Bowl even though they have come maddingly close several times over the course of their 55 year history lol.

The Raiders and the Jacksonville Jaguars are two young and upcoming teams that might surprise people this year, so perhaps now is a good time to start with either of them. The Raiders have a legendary fan base that you may or may not identify with, depending on your personality. The Jaguars need more fans.

Or you can pick a favorite player and root for his team, and grow to love the team as a result. If not, perhaps choose a logo, name, or uniform color, if nothing else.

@SgtPowerPickle Said

Colts will win the Super Bowl. Heres 3 reasons why:

1. Andrew Luck- The best young quarterback since John Elway.
2. Revamped offensive line- Luck got hurt because he was constantly getting hit by 300 lb linebackers and was frequently running for his life.
3. Added bulk to our D line- Everyone knows the achillies heal of the Colts has been stopping the run. Well were making strides to fixing that problem.
4. Our young pass catchers- We have some of the best young receivers in the NFL. We have speed and size. Just gotta clean up the drops. Also have one of the best young TEs in the game. I think Allen had 8 TDs w only 29 catches a few years back (hurt last year)
5. Andrew Luck- Did I mention we have Luck? Cannon for an arm and a very good runner if the play breaks down.
SUPER BOWL BOUND 2016!!

Having Luck back will be a great help. And the trio of Hilton, Moncrief, and Allen should solidify his comeback, although with Gore's age, it will be a question whether or not he can hold up and take the load off of the passing attack like he was brought in to do. The competition in the division, or, I should say, lack of it, should help too, although Jacksonville might end up being a threat this year with their potentially equally explosive offense.

#8New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 13:47:38
No, leon....bad leon

Dallas is not allowed to take the division.

Idc how bad my team is. I'll think they are going to the super bowl until there is no possible chance they'll make it.

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 15:34:55
@Kinshi86 Said

Not a Cleveland fan huh mrm? Only problems with the eagles are that they're coaching staff has been getting switched like crazy in the past few years. We've gone for Andy Reid to Chip Kelly, now we have Doug Pederson.

Chip Kelly really killed us though with all of those trades.

Yes, I'm a Cleveland fan (I also like sliding bamboo shoots under my fingernails)

If you want to talk about coaching changes, and front office changes, and QB changes and changing changes ... Look at the Browns since they came back.

I firmly believe that is one of the main problems. We go into a rebuild year every 3rd season if not sooner. Part of that is driven by the fans wanting an immediate win, and are the owners just as stupid for expecting that, or just trying to please the fans by dumping coaches as frequently as changing socks?

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Aug 15, 2016 @ 15:41:11
Anyone up for a TFS fantasy league?

I'm already commish for two leagues, so I won't run it, but I'd be happy to participate.

#11New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:10:09
Hmmm....not a bad idea there mrm...it's still early enough.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:56:02
@Leon Said

You are luckier than us stateside fans in that you can purchase a legal subscription to NFL Game Pass and watch any team's games live and/or at a time of your choosing on your computer or Apple TV. We can only watch local team games live, although we can watch any team's games after completion with NFL Game Pass

We get to see live NFL games here in UK through our subscription to Sky Sports.

Matches are shown on Sunday and Monday evenings, with a highlights package in the week.

Our Sky Sports sub gives us five sport channels and although most of the live content is Association Football, Rugby (both codes), Cricket, Grand Prix Athletics, Tennis and Golf, and Formula One racing, Sky is very good at showcasing sports from other countries too. As well as Gridiron Football from the US, we also get Aussie Rules Football from Australia, Gaelic Sports from Ireland and even Kabaddi from India..!!

Obviously I'm not always glued to the TV, but tend to be quite selective. I do enjoy watching the Gridiron Football on Sunday evening though if I get the chance.

Thanks for all the tips on who to cheer for this season, guys. Still not sure who I like as a football team but I gotta say... some of those Dallas Cowgirls are cute..!!

#13New Post! Aug 17, 2016 @ 21:22:48
@Jennifer1984 Said

Matches are shown on Sunday and Monday evenings, with a highlights package in the week.

Our Sky Sports sub gives us five sport channels and although most of the live content is Association Football, Rugby (both codes), Cricket, Grand Prix Athletics, Tennis and Golf, and Formula One racing, Sky is very good at showcasing sports from other countries too. As well as Gridiron Football from the US, we also get Aussie Rules Football from Australia, Gaelic Sports from Ireland and even Kabaddi from India..!!

Obviously I'm not always glued to the TV, but tend to be quite selective. I do enjoy watching the Gridiron Football on Sunday evening though if I get the chance.

Thanks for all the tips on who to cheer for this season, guys. Still not sure who I like as a football team but I gotta say... some of those Dallas Cowgirls are cute..!!

I'll agree to the cheerleaders

That a pretty cool sports package you guys have over there. I'd be stuck to it once I learned the rules to the non American sports

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Aug 18, 2016 @ 00:40:59
@Jennifer1984 Said

I had heard that early on in the marketing of NFL overseas, they would show something like a Monday Night Football game, but it would be edited down to an hour, or 90 minutes.
.. was that so?

#15New Post! Aug 20, 2016 @ 17:47:31
Preseason blowout!!!!

E.A.G.L.E.S
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs