Myths, Facts, Stories

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:21:54
What are some horrifying and scary stories you heard of? Whether they are are true or just myths that have yet to be proven. Stories that have left you shivering or paranoid. Whether you took part in the story or if your friend or relative.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:30:48
@Cpat92 Said

What are some horrifying and scary stories you heard of? Whether they are are true or just myths that have yet to be proven. Stories that have left you shivering or paranoid. Whether you took part in the story or if your friend or relative.

If I do not do as the theists say I will suffer forever.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:32:21
@Erimitus Said

If I do not do as the theists say I will suffer forever.

Really?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:33:26
My sister used to scare the crap out of me with this story.

When I was born my family originally lived in a council flat that was awful- spiders everywhere and questionable stains and the such. Apparently one night when my sister was asleep (she was 5 at the time) she woke up to find a ghost of a lady standing by her bed, smiling at her. She froze and hoped that she'd go away but she stayed for a while before she finally went back to sleep.

I'd never believe her on the basis of that alone, but apparently the people who lived in the flat before us were a couple who had a lot of domestic abuse problems. The woman got into a fight with her husband, fell down the stairs and died, which is how we got a space.

My sister didn't know that at the time, but when she told me the story a few years ago my mum filled in the blanks (without being 'in on it' ).

I still don't believe in ghosts but that does freak me out a bit.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:45:20
When I was about 6 or 7, I was in summer camp and the top camp counselor was going around and telling some of the young ones the story about "the one-eyed woman."

The story was that one day in the woods right next to the summer camp before it was there, there was a middle aged woman and her two sons. They begged her to go play outside and she said no. As they pleaded she thought about it and gave in. They had only three hours to play. After several hours the mother got worried. Her kids had not returned after being in the woods for so long. She ran out screaming their names in panic. She ran around searching and searching. Until she ran towards what looked like one of her sons and accidentally ran into a sharp tree branch. Due to that the branch took her right eye out.

It is said after so, she continued to search and went back to her home in the woods and then died. It is said that every now and then she pops out angry and chases little kids so she can have her family once again. It was scary when I was little.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 14:58:41
My parents used to make us believe in the swamp monsters in an attempt to keep us from wandering. My dear brother helped them out by adding in his own graphic stories of the horror they brought. By the end I was so convinced of the fact behind these tales that I spent years terrified to go beyond the end of the my driveway.

And then I realized that they were all just screwing with me. Jerks.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#7New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 15:02:42
In my town's cemetery there is a certain mausoleum that has a figure of an angel inside. They say if you look in there at night and the angel is glowing, you will die.

#8New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 22:08:01
E: If I do not do as the theists say I will suffer forever.

Really?

E: Yes Really; do as they say or eternal damnation awaits.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#9New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 22:10:50
I went to camp once and this guy in a jumpsuit and hockey mask killed a bunch of people
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 22:12:22
@floydgirrl Said

I went to camp once and this guy in a jumpsuit and hockey mask killed a bunch of people

That happens all the time.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#11New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 22:20:18
Really though, growing up there was a lake by my house, that we would go swimming in. This guy killed his wife, chopped her up and put her in baggies and dumped her in the lake. He thought she was possessed by the devil. If I remember the story right, his mother was in the house when he was dismembering her and mom was watching the kids so they didn't wander in on dad.

My first nightmare was about that lake

added a link to the story https://www.startribune.com/local/west/96767899.html
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 23:02:54
This doesn't really count, but at least 5 times today I saw a shadowy figure in front of my dvd stand.

#13New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 23:07:50
@floydgirrl Said

I hate when that happens
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#14New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 23:09:19
Is it bad that I believe almost every scary movie that is based off a true story, even though half of them aren't truly based off of one?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#15New Post! Apr 17, 2012 @ 23:10:00
@floydgirrl Said

Really though, growing up there was a lake by my house, that we would go swimming in. This guy killed his wife, chopped her up and put her in baggies and dumped her in the lake. He thought she was possessed by the devil. If I remember the story right, his mother was in the house when he was dismembering her and mom was watching the kids so they didn't wander in on dad.

My first nightmare was about that lake

added a link to the story https://www.startribune.com/local/west/96767899.html

That is really crazy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs