Kansas City, Missouri
#16New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 02:30:15
@mrmhead Said

What does this do?

Gets us closer to the next page?
Kinshi86 On January 31, 2018

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
#17New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 03:05:16
What in the world...EC I know I said post and enjoy but, this is one way to post....
EnigmaticConundrum On December 10, 2016

Kansas City, Missouri
#18New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 03:29:34
@Kinshi86 Said

What in the world...EC I know I said post and enjoy but, this is one way to post....

I KnOW!!!!

I don't know what the hell I did tho!!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#19New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 06:03:26
What happened was when you quoted and shortened mrhead's quote the /quote part in brackets got cut off. Which meant it thought everything was quote and indented it. Quoting it again made it worse because it moved it over even more.

If you catch it right away you can edit in a 15 minute window, otherwise a mod has to do it. We have full editing power all the time.

The wood grain background shows up when someone tries to do fancy bbc code things like bold, italics, size, or underlining manually without actually writing correct code. Usually it is a missed bracket or misplaced space or other typo.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 09:41:46
I have screw up threads several times.

if you even pull my finger, so I can fart, doesn't fix it. I'll try!
secretagentmango On September 18, 2017

Deleted

Monterey Park,
#21New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 10:09:43
@EnigmaticConundrum Said

What are your thoughts on this personality test? And if you've taken it, what are you?

I am an INFJ/INTJ. I say both because I've taken the test multiple times in my life and gotten them both equally.

For those who don't know much about it, Jung and Myers developed this test to group people into 16 different personality types. It is based on the following premises:

*How people focus their attention or get their energy (Extraversion or Introversion)

*How people perceive or take in information (Sensing or Intuition)

*How people prefer to make decisions (Thinking or Feeling)

*How people orient themselves to the external world (Judgment or Perception)

Studies show that it's roughly 75% accurate. I agree. Do you?

Back in high school, the guidance counselors had all the students at my school take it each year, and I got INTJ every time. But I took it again recently and got ENTJ. I guess I became more sociable after high school

I think it's pretty accurate. Maybe not 100%, but not a bad way to see what kind of person you are.

Kansas City, Missouri
#22New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 11:44:35
@DiscordTiger Said

What happened was when you quoted and shortened mrhead's quote the /quote part in brackets got cut off. Which meant it thought everything was quote and indented it. Quoting it again made it worse because it moved it over even more.

If you catch it right away you can edit in a 15 minute window, otherwise a mod has to do it. We have full editing power all the time.

The wood grain background shows up when someone tries to do fancy bbc code things like bold, italics, size, or underlining manually without actually writing correct code. Usually it is a missed bracket or misplaced space or other typo.

Thank you for fixing it!
mrmhead On about 18 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Sep 02, 2016 @ 12:04:14
@DiscordTiger Said

I tried highlighting a post once, but my wife got mad at all the yellow marks on the screen....

Kansas City, Missouri
#24New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 14:50:02
@mrmhead Said

I tried highlighting a post once, but my wife got mad at all the yellow marks on the screen....

This made me giggle, and then giggle some more.

Kansas City, Missouri
#25New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 14:53:24
@secretagentmango Said

Back in high school, the guidance counselors had all the students at my school take it each year, and I got INTJ every time. But I took it again recently and got ENTJ. I guess I became more sociable after high school

I think it's pretty accurate. Maybe not 100%, but not a bad way to see what kind of person you are.

That is interesting! I can see how that could happen tho. I will never be an E. Lol I'm one of the most introverted people I know!

What do you attribute to the change?
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 14:54:44
Think it is all very subjective and how you feel on the day.

Kansas City, Missouri
#27New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 15:00:00
@yami Said

Think it is all very subjective and how you feel on the day.

I think it can be, if the test is taken all willy nilly. (Do you like my scientific terms?)

The instructions tell you to answer as to how you would 'most often respond'. Some of them can be tricky, which is why sometimes I get the the F for feeling, and sometimes the T for thinking. When taken properly it can tell you a lot about yourself, IF you want to know that is.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 15:00:58
@EnigmaticConundrum Said

I think it can be, if the test is taken all willy nilly. (Do you like my scientific terms?)

The instructions tell you to answer as to how you would 'most often respond'. Some of them can be tricky, which is why sometimes I get the the F for feeling, and sometimes the T for thinking. When taken properly it can tell you a lot about yourself, IF you want to know that is.

hahaha, yeah, you have a good turn of phrase!

https://www.businessinsider.com/myers-briggs-personality-test-is-misleading-2014-6?IR=T

Kansas City, Missouri
#29New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 15:04:42
@yami Said

hahaha, yeah, you have a good turn of phrase!

https://www.businessinsider.com/myers-briggs-personality-test-is-misleading-2014-6?IR=T

Gracias! My screen name most everywhere else is Word Girl. Combine that with a healthy dose of smart a** and, voila!!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#30New Post! Sep 03, 2016 @ 16:20:50
Instead of Myers Briggs, we used the True Colors Personality Test. I'm not too sure if MB is used in other parts of Canada, but for BC it seemed to be True Colors. I've taken the test about 4 different times now (once in high school, three times over the course of different job placement programs) and my results have always come back practically the same. Blue, Green/Orange (the only variable. Usually it's Green then Orange, but I've had it Orange, then Green before too) and finally Gold.

Authentic Blue: Emotionally driven, sympathetic, creative, entertaining, group harmony, leans towards more artistic career choices.

Scientific Green: Logically driven, analytical, focused, inquisitive, independent thinker, leans towards more science/technological career choices.

Resourceful Orange: Short-term driven, impulsive, hands-on, competitive, welcomes change/variety, leans towards hands on/physical career choices.

Organized Gold: Loyalty driven, organized, responsible, respects authority/rules, handles money well, leans towards business-oriented careers.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs